1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who does the GOAT think is the greatest now?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by showtang043, Jul 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

KB24 still has the rings. LeBron joining up with Dwade and Bosh doesn't change that. Believe me God I wish it did.

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I wonder if Mike could still get out there and ball...

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

4. Crudder

Crudder Member

For sure he could...even at his worse, he would probably be better than a good portion of players today due to work ethic and technique...but for how long would probably be the better question...

5. zoids

zoids Member

Yeah, the same guy who pick Kwame Brown as 1st pick...

Jordan can ball for sure GOAT but Jordan can't scout... it's fact as well. Therefore his opinion on this is pretty much moot.

6. showtang043

showtang043 Member

Every GM had kwame in their top 5 that year by the way man, a 6'11 high school player with that body, you expect him to be raw, with his athleticism and size that early anyone sees potential there, which is why teams kept giving him contracts until now, but yea he was a bust, and MJ had the first pick, if MJ didn't have the first pick and spurs gm had it, than someone else would've been the guy to pick him, he was high from everyone, thats just tough to say he was so soft mentally

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I'm not going to say who's better between the two.. But something interesting is that LeBron can lead a TERRIBLE team to the BEST record in the NBA. Kobe? By himself, was leading the Lakers to a borderline lottery team.

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Lebron is the better player. But just like Kobe couldnt demonstrate his full arsenal playing behind Shaq, Lebron wont be able to do that in Miami. So Lebron just ruined himself. Saying Kobe is better is completely understandable now

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Wait.. who does LerBon think is the greatest now? It doesn't make any sense..

10. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Last time I checked, Champions ain't won in regular season.
    So it's LeBron's credit they won in regular season and the roles got the blame when LeBron quit in playoff, how creative.

11. Chamillionaire

easy for us to say... i'm sure jordan wasn't the only GM high on that guy.

12. langal

langal Contributing Member

Judging current players and projects/draft picks are very different things.

You're saying a great player like MJ can't tell who good NBA players are since he whiffed on Kwame? Kwame and Morrison were going to be lotto picks at the very worst - a lot of being a good GM is just luck.

13. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

not saying lbj still cant be considered the GOAT at some point, dwade is what? 3 years older than bron? his body doesnt hold up as well either, in 3 years wade could easily become LBJ's sidekick

what if james averages 28-8-8 in the post season the next 3 seasons while the heat win titles and wades averages 20-4-4..........is he still wade's pippen?

people forget, when MJ retired, how did the bulls do the next year? 55 freaking wins.........that's the kind of team mj had around him, how many games will the cavs win next year? how many teams in the nba can win 55 games if their best player just retired tomorrow?

14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

That video isn't new.... look it up on Youtube. There's a lot more that go back to last year... just saying. It's still true though to this day.

15. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

i remember kobe quiting in the playoffs in one of those playoff series against the suns, people find it hard to believe really good players can sometimes get tired of playing with mediocre players next to him...kobe was in the same boat as lebron, demanded a trade or an upgrade in talent, he wasnt a free agent at them time so his hands were some what tied. he could have sat out and lost money or just b**** until he becomes a free agent and leave or wait for help to arrive. man all this lebron hate sure brings out the kobe nuthuggers on this board.

16. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Thank you for being the voice of reason.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Not surprising.

Kobe would buy another apology ring to his wife in order ride MJ's jock.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

I knew someone would bring this up.

Big difference between drafting a player and having an opinion on who is the best player in the NBA based off what they have saw.

19. 45souf

45souf Member

i was watching summer league games, and i saw a shirt that made me laugh:If lebron is king, kobe must be GOD!! nice!!!!