ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Closed Thread

What does Zan Tabak winning a championship teach the Rockets fans?
Tags:  basketball, championship, houston rockets, nba, zan tabak Tags
Baqui99 is offline Old 06-18-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
Baqui99
Contributing Member
Baqui99 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBaqui99 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBaqui99 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBaqui99 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBaqui99 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBaqui99 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2000
Member: #1703

Talk amongst yourselves.

Congratulations! Glad we were able to enjoy a year of his service.

Sponsored Link
DarkHorse is offline Old 06-18-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
DarkHorse
Contributing Member
DarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDarkHorse is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #839

I love Zan Zan and I'm glad he won a championship. He didn't quite fit on our team, but I'm glad he found his way to the Raptors after winning a championship. Don't understand why anyone would hate on the guy, he really worked hard during his career.

meh is offline Old 06-18-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868

It tells us he's only half the player that Adam Morrison is. Because Adam Morrison has TWO championship rings.

rrj_gamz is offline Old 06-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
rrj_gamz
Contributing Member
rrj_gamz is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodrrj_gamz is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6626

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh
It tells us he's only half the player that Adam Morrison is. Because Adam Morrison has TWO championship rings.
LMAO...I like Jimmy Kimmels bit on Adam b/f game 7...that was priceless...

PSN = rrj_gamz

REEKO_HTOWN is offline Old 06-18-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32179

Ironically

Talking about James Harden:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosPollosHermanos View Post
He relies on contact too much, has subpar handles for a guard, has been gaining weight since he got here, can barely beat his man off the dribble sometimes, and doesn't have the stamina he should.

coachbadlee is offline Old 06-18-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147

Who?

Nice Rollin is offline Old 06-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
Nice Rollin
Contributing Member
Nice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #17539

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee
Who?
you must be new...

RocketJoe is offline Old 06-18-2010, 10:19 AM   #8
RocketJoe
Contributing Member
RocketJoe is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38820

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee
Who?

Zan Tabak, Tim Breaux, Earl Cureton, Tracy Murray, and Chris Jent.

Legends.

rockbox is offline Old 06-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #9
rockbox
Contributing Member
rockbox is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrockbox is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrockbox is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrockbox is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrockbox is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrockbox is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrockbox is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrockbox is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Member: #1746

It tells us we need the second coming of Hakeem the Dream.

GRENDEL is offline Old 06-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #10
GRENDEL
Contributing Member
GRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemGRENDEL is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #8213

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketJoe
Zan Tabak, Tim Breaux, Earl Cureton, Tracy Murray, and Chris Jent.

Legends.
you forgot Derrick Chievous !

http://flicksfan.blogspot.com/

Angkor Wat is offline Old 06-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #11
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24006

Well, I guess we can get ready for a week of mock threads because this is what always happens.

Classic is offline Old 06-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #12
Classic
Classic is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereClassic is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereClassic is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereClassic is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereClassic is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereClassic is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereClassic is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #29455

I preferred Charles Jones.

Baqui99 is offline Old 06-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #13
Baqui99
Contributing Member
Baqui99 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBaqui99 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBaqui99 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBaqui99 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBaqui99 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBaqui99 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic
I preferred Charles Jones.
Grampa Jones, aka "The Shaq Stopper," had an integral role on the 1995 championship squad. He was like 65 years old, and used to come in and foul the crap out of Shaq a few times a game.

RocketJoe is offline Old 06-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #14
RocketJoe
Contributing Member
RocketJoe is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baqui99
Grampa Jones, aka "The Shaq Stopper," had an integral role on the 1995 championship squad. He was like 65 years old, and used to come in and foul the crap out of Shaq a few times a game.

My Cousin.... 6 fouls of love every game.

Classic is offline Old 06-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #15
Classic
Classic is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereClassic is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereClassic is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereClassic is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereClassic is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereClassic is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereClassic is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #29455

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketJoe
My Cousin.... 6 fouls of love every game.
I'll never forget Bill Worrell doing commentary on the last game of the '95-'96 season:

"You know it's the last game of the season when you're throwing alley oops to Charles Jones" after CJ threw an alley down in transition.

The guy was very effective on the defensive end. Good shot blocker and I think he was like 41 years old. Way more integral than Zan Tabak.

napalm_black is offline Old 06-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #16
napalm_black
Contributing Member
napalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33900

Funny how Herrerra's probably-mock thread was bad enough that it is now being mocked.

Like someone already said (I think 'Meh') Adam Morrison has 2 rings! Bow to the master!

Codman is offline Old 06-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #17
Codman
Contributing Member
Codman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2001
Member: #2698

This is getting bad. First, the Lakers win. Now, the GARM is flooded by turd threads.

Baqui99 is offline Old 06-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #18
Baqui99
Contributing Member

Holy crap. Someone is selling a Zan Tabak game jersey on ebay for $245. No lie.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Zan-Tabak-1994-9...item439d584574

Ziggy is offline Old 06-18-2010, 12:21 PM   #19
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Ziggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #543

Tar heels=rings

Smeg's Fantasy Football Coach of the Year 2013

SirCharlesFan is offline Old 06-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #20
SirCharlesFan
Contributing Member
SirCharlesFan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSirCharlesFan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSirCharlesFan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSirCharlesFan is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 1999
Member: #410

The best was back in the day when Inside the NBA played a prank on Charles Barkley. They set up the studio like a night club with a bouncer at the entrance. You had to be an NBA champion to get in, so Magic and Kenny would come out and tell Charles about all of the players in the club. I remember Kenny Walking out and saying Zan Tabak was in the club...

"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

-White Men Can't Jump

Closed Thread