1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

If Kobe gets his ring this year, how is he not the GREATEST?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rock4ever, May 13, 2010.

1. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Take other great ones and compare them to Kobe. But when you take in consideration the adversity he's had since his rookie year and the way he's played with REAL injuries like his broken finger and bad knee (sorry, no sore elbows). This championship could be among the most memorable in NBA history. IF he wins the championship this year, it'll be his 2nd with a totally different core of players. It'll be his 5th overrall, and he's STILL the best player and closer in the NBA today. So if the Lakers win another ring this year, please explain to me how Kobe Bryant is NOT the greatest player to play this game :confused:

2. J-Mac

J-Mac Member

Because a guy by the name of Michael Jordan played it better.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Because he still hasn't won **** without a legit big man down low.

Just like MJ never won a ring without Pippen.

Kobe thinks he's the greatest but in reality he's just a dominant player in an elite system.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Nope. If he gets 7, then maybe.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

because he's not Jordan.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You sould really consider changing your moniker to Kobe4ever.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Outline the adversity Kobe has had to face that his own ego didnt create. Thats wildly different from any other player.

People keep trying to make him the NBA Tupac.

8. conquistador#11

I declare Pau the greatest of all time. Since his arrival, the lakers have made it to two finals. Before that? Kobe was granting interviews to random kids at the mall. Pau>>>Kobe.

9. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

if he wins 4 more as the center piece for the lakers after this ring then you will have a good argument that he is the GOAT.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I THOUGHT MY GRANDFATHER WROTE THIS AND I WAS EXCITED BECAUSE ETHYL SPRAINED HER ANKLE AND WE WENT TO GOLDEN CORRAL AND THEN THERE WAS A BEAR OUT BACK LAST NIGHT AND HE HAD TO SHOOT HIS GUN IN THE AIR TO SCARE IT OFF GOD BLESS LOVE YOU ALL.

2 people like this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

BECAUSE THE REST OF US WEREN'T BORN IN THE MID 90'S

13. sbyang

sbyang Member

Replace Kobe with a healthy D Wade and Wade would have won just as many rings.

Replace MJ with Kobe and the Bulls wouldn't win 6. Remember when Detroit's defense destroyed Kobe? That's what MJ went through every year.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Kobe's life has been very hard. His dad already played basketball in the NBA, and then he became an overnight celebrity in Los Angeles after a fortuitous draft day trade from Charlotte. Once in LA Kobe dealt with the pressures of having everything laid out on a platter for him. He knew how to deal with pressure though, having already succeeded in taking teen heartthrob Brandy to his high school prom (no word on if she was date-raped).

Kobe was even voted to the All Star Game without being a starter on the then Lakers team that still featured Eddie Jones. Then he had the dubious distinction of having to play 2nd fiddle to perhaps the most dominant big man ever to play the game. That garnered him 3 NBA titles before he could legally rent a car. Then he had to deal with the pain and suffering of marrying a ridiculously hot latina, and then rape allegations by some white tramp in Colorado. But of course his biggest challenge to date has certainly been having to deal with playing with actual talent down low again, after Grizzlies GM Chris Wallace decided to gift wrap Pau Gasol and deliver him personally to the Lakers.

What a rough life for Kobe Bryant, so much adversity.

10 people like this.
  15. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

I'd rep you for this awesome post if I could

16. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I'm just curious.

How old are you?

I'm seriously asking.

Same question goes for goodbug and showtang whom we know WILL DEFINITELY SHOW UP IN THIS THREAD...who else am I forgetting...

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thanks, but I'm just trying to point out how Kobe has been through a lot in his life.

No wonder he's dressing up like pilgrims lately.

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

If the hand check rules were in place in the MJ prime era, he would have averaged 40

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

DON'T CONFUSE HIM WITH THE FACTS.

20. Artestsuckskobe

not at all Bill Russell with 11.... So If kobe gets 12 I will give it to him, but