1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron and the ball boy

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sbyang, Apr 28, 2010.

1. sbyang

sbyang Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HjXQCT47EAc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HjXQCT47EAc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Part of me feels like that was a dick move, but at the same time, he was in enemy territory during a playoff game...so I'm almost OK with the "if you're not with me, you're against me...even if you're a ball boy" attitude.

But personally I don't think I could do that to some little kid.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I think he's taking the whole "enemy territory" a little too far (if it is the reason). It's not like he's battling to the death. It's a basketball game. No need to be a prick to a kid who's just trying to do his job.

Not a big deal though, as I'm sure the kid is still happy to have an awesome gig and be around so many stars. I already never liked LerBon since he was drafted, but this isn't really a good enough reason to hate on him more.

1 person likes this.
  4. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

I'd take a fairly non-plussed attitude towards this situation if I was the ballboy.

5. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Not to say Lebron couldn't be more courteous, but doesn't this happen all the time? Doubt Lebron or any other NBA star cares much about the guy picking up his clothes.

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Seems like a dick move in normal situations, but it also seems like this is normal NBA stuff.

Not only with the clothes, ball boys handing out Gatorade for example. A cup of Gatorade will be right next to their face and players will just ignore it instead of telling the ball boy they don't want it. Some guys will just push it away without even looking at the kid. Little things like that.

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

deleted snide joke
    wrt LJ versus Catholic priests, but you know where I was going with that one ...

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

LOL I love it. I HATE kids. Good thing this didn't happen in the south or the drunk dad would be running in from the stands.

9. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

its ok... i'd do that job with a smile on my face. watch the game front row.. listen to the coaches scream...occasionally pick up players clothes? sounds easy and playoff basketball to watch while doing it?

10. Steve_Francis_rules

I asked you this in another thread, but you didn't respond. What is with you always calling James "LerBon"? Is that supposed to be some kind of insult or is it supposed to be clever? Either way, I'm not getting it.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

This kind of thing happens all the time. Players usually don't straight up hand the clothes to the ball boy, regardless of home floor.

12. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Why not? The kid reached for it, James saw him and then threw onto the floor.

That seems like a dick move IMO.

13. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Somewhere Kevin Garnet is proud.

14. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

What a giant dick

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

No, thats Greg Oden.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why don't they hand the clothes to the ball boy? I have no idea.

Guess he has a "tough guy" rep to uphold?

There have been plenty of games where a team just scored, and players don't toss the ball to the ref to begin the other teams' possession. Is that a dick move too?

17. amaru

amaru Member

I know it happens often, but that is a jerk move.

If somebody did that to Lebron's son he'd wanna fight.

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Making a big deal out of nothin.. maybe he was just playing around with the ballboy...

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

this is one of the things i really hate....i understand there's a game going on and there always isnt time for everything or to say everything, but players often crash into fans, ballboys, reporters, etc. and don't even look back. I understand if the action is still going and they need to get back, but that's not always the case. Some of those fans are the reason they're millionaires, so it wouldnt kill them to just turn and ask if they're ok, or even just say "sorry"....

as for this clip, it does look like bron saw the kid both times and avoided him on purpose....if it was an adult team employee maybe it would pass, since a grown up should be able to make sense of that and realize he's the "enemy", but a kid? Being a father lebron should know kids can't always make sense of things. Plus the kid could have just one a raffle or something, it's not like lebron knows he's a hardcore Bulls fan.

20. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Oden is taller but LeBron has more girth and muscles.