Ok, obviously the board is getting kind of boring with the exception of Clutch and Popeye's 200-post scoop-a-thons. Every post I see is either trade-related or mock-draft related. I thought to myself why not have a little fun with those of you who think you can predict what NBA teams are going to do in the upcoming draft.
So those of you with the (g/n)uts to post your picks publically, I will start a separate thread to track your picks. Here are the rules :
1) All posts in the Mock Draft thread I create can ONLY have one message with your picks in them. Don't post any messages about how you disagree with someone's pick or why you think a player will go where you put them. The fact of the matter is, just like a Blazers/Pacers final, nobody cares.
2) You can have only ONE post in that thread. You can't post your picks multiple times in multiple messages. If you do, I will piss you off by taking only the picks from the first message. If you want to make changes to your picks before the draft, you can do so by editing your existing message in that thread. You can make any number of changes you wish, just so long as you only edit that one post and you only end up with one post in that thread.
3) All I care about is the first round. That means 29 picks for those of you counting.
4) I've set up a spreadsheet to tally correct picks that appears to be working. Since the spreadsheet will be doing the tallying based upon names of the players, the names you post must be the EXACT spellings of their names. If the spellings don't match, you don't get a point. If you can't spell Olumide's last name, look it up on the Internet somewhere. And for those you that keep spelling DerMarr Johnson's name as "Demar" or "Demarr", you better learn quick. I'll try to catch typos, but I'm not going to specifically look for them.
5) Again, since the spreadsheet will be doing the tallying, and I will just be cutting and pasting your picks into it, the post with your picks must be of an exact format. It should have the players in order of draft picks, with one player per line, and that's it. It should look like this:
So basically what you'll end up with is 29 names on 29 lines. Do not put numbers or team names or anything else on each line, just the players' names
. Just make sure you have 29 at the end.
6) I need some suggestions from you guys as to how to score this. I can simply calculate how many picks you get right and who gets the most picks right, or we can assign say, 1 point for every pick correctly picked in the top 3, 5 for correct picks in the 4-10 range, etc.
7) Only your picks in my mock draft thread will count. I don't care what you post in some other thread.
8) A cut-off date will be decided upon later. After that date, no modifications to your mock draft will be counted.
Lastly, do not post your picks in this thread. I'll start another thread later to get all the picks. I just want to see who all would be interested and also gather suggestions as to how to score this. If there's not much interest I won't do it. Meaning there has to be at least about 5 or 6 people interested.
Oh. And there's no prize other than admiration from your peers. Sorry.
[This message has been edited by Dr of Dunk (edited May 29, 2000).]