1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Republicans go nuts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Major, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Major

Major Member

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

Dems get depressed when they get beat but Republicans throw a screaming hissy-fit.

3. Depressio

Depressio Member

Getting rid of popular voting is definitely patriotic of him.

4. giddyup

giddyup Member

It worked, I guess, for about 50 years before the Federal Government began their takeover in 1917!

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Republicans Gone Wild! (insert photoshop here)

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

Republicans go nuts
    _____

[​IMG]

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

8. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

Screaming hissy-fit...

9. mc mark

mc mark Member

I believe McCain threw a fit also canceled (blocked) a hearing today

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

So what you are saying is

dems : emo
    wingnuts : Narcissistic Personality Disorder

11. JeopardE

JeopardE Member

12. mc mark

mc mark Member

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

McCain doesn't put country first. In this statement McCain acts like little b****.

McCain wants to be re-elected despite saying that for the rest of the year he will do nothing. He doesn't qualify whether it's good for the country or not. He's just stated blatantly that he will not cooperate at all.

Is that a reason for voters to vote for him? Who, Republican or Democrat, would vote for someone who pledges to do nothing.

14. mc mark

mc mark Member

McCain's just worried that he may very well lose his primary to a tea bagger.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

He probably is. That's just an odd way to look ahead to the future. If I was facing a challenge from anyone in a primary I would talk about what I was capable of actually getting accomplished, and not making blanket statements that I was done cooperating with other members of the Senate.

What an odd tact. Though seeing the way he came unhinged during the financial collapse, I guess it makes sense.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

Country first my f***ing ass.

Voters aren't stupid, they know who is interested in helping them and who is interested in helping themselves...

17. Refman

Refman Member

If you really think them Dems are not just politicians that look to what is going to be good for them first, you are deluding yourself. If it happens to be good for the country, it is merely a convenient by-product.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't recall any Democrats who were upset with the way things were going in Iraq pledge to quit all cooperation. In fact when they were upset about spending on the war, they went ahead and passed Bush's supplemental increases to the budget because they figured it was good for the troops and the country.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

Sorry, but that crap doesn't fly.

Were Democrats threatening to SHUT DOWN CONGRESS if they didn't get their little bill passed?

Can you even imagine them doing that?

This is blatant "I'm taking my ball and going home" bulls*** that is solely at the expense of the electorate.

You can't deny that.

20. Major

Major Member

While true to an extent, at no time has the Democratic Party (or the Republican Party) ever acted like this. They've never thrown out a "we're simply not going to do anything the rest of the year" argument. They've never allied themselves openly with people advocating violence. They've never walked around the Capitol with "Don't Tread on Me" flags. They've never encouraged a Velvet Revolution.

None of this is remotely comparable to what either party has done anytime in the modern era.