1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, is it time to invite Dorsey to play with the team on a regular basis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If so, whose minutes should we invite Dorsey to take? Will Adelman make him to be an everyday player now or will there be nights when he gets invited to the Arena but get told disgustingly that he won't play.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Andersen's minutes. Will Adelman make him a "normal" everyday player? Doubtful imo but he should.

3. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Yes Dorsey has earned some minutes after the game today. Andersen has been playing terrible and Dorsey should be the backup center at least for a few games.

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

There are 4 Dorsey threads running already. ****

Are you all that incompetent that you can't look for an existing thread?

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What he has done tonight sure makes you want to see more. Dorsey makes less than a million a year and Chuck makes almost 3. If Dorsey shows enough during the last few months Hayes could be gone.

6. blink

blink Contributing Member

makes you want to slap somebody

7. E_Saiyan

E_Saiyan Member

I see what you did there Carl :)

I would love to see Dorsey on the floor more. We could use an athletic big down there. I've been thoroughly disappointing with Andersen's performance of late.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

For the love of God, Dorsey needs to take Andersen's minutes. Lately Andersen is failing to even hit mid-range shots, he is in a total slump.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind lowering Scola's minutes a bit and him taking more of Andersen's minutes. I'm tired of seeing our guys get bullied under the basket.

10. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

YES IT IS!!!!!he really helps on the boards

11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

you cuold tell Landry and the entire team was feeding off Dorsey's defensive play. It reminded me of when Mutombo would block a shot and then everyone wanted to block a shot.

12. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Did anybody forget that Hayes is suffering from bad tendinitis lately? Dorsey was given play time, because Hayes is in pain.

I don't see Andersen's minutes going down, because he wasn't playing much anyway. He gets 5-10 minutes usually.

13. van chief

van chief Member

wo wo wo, lets settle down now. its great he had a good game, and Bullard talked him up enough, but its one game!

14. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Dorsey could be the interior protector we've been looking for. I didn't expect him to do so well so quickly, but if he can play like he did tonight every night, we could be in for a treat. We wouldn't need Brendan Haywood at that point. He'd relieve Chuck of some minutes, and perhaps Andersen, too.

Overall, if we can get this performance from him consistently, I see our defense being immensely better.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If we don't play him, will other stars in the league become disgusted with the Rockets, too??

1 person likes this.
  16. mezla

mezla Member

Dunno about lowering Scola's minutes. He's so reliable... makes very few mistakes. In a heart/hustle team like ours, I reckon he provides some necessary calmness, class and gravitas. Or something :)

ps: Hi everyone! First post. Name's Matt, from Canberra, Australia.

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Hi Matt, welcome to clutchfans. Have you always been a fan of the Rockets or only because of Andersen? Maybe you can tell us more about David.

18. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Didn't know that, but it would explain a lot, usually Hayes despite his size makes it a lot tougher for the opposing bigs without superior athleticism or a mid-range game from getting their points. Lately, that hasn't seemed to be the case.

I can see Andersen's minutes evaporating, if he doesn't start getting more consistent offensive games then Dorsey gets consistent defensive games.

19. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I would think we would have to play him...When dealing with these athletes, in particular; a high quality athlete such as Dorsey: you have to conduct yourself better as an organization.

20. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

The rockets @ grizz game thread, should of been the thread for dorseys great one game performance that was a slap to the face to david andersen wake up your not in australia anymore lol :grin: