1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars fan theory that would make the prequels worth watching....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lynus302, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

....if it were only true. I'm still disappointed with the crap Lucas put on us with Episodes I, II, and III. I linked to this account from Cracked.com, and though it's though only a fan theory, it adds some very interesting twists and would give Lucas some major cred as a filmmaker were any of it remotely true. Too bad it's NOT.

It's a good read if you're a Star Wars dork like I am, though it is a bit long and I can't find the abbreviated Cracked article, so anyway:

1 person likes this.
  2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

interesting read. Thanks for posting.

3. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Really?

4. Shovel Face

Shovel Face Member

Yoda and Obi-Wan had nothing to do with the Rebel Alliance.

5. Berkmaniac

Berkmaniac Member

That's pretty tight. Thanks for posting.

6. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Yes really. I thought it was pretty cool too.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Is it not Lucas' film? Does he not have full reign to do whatever the hell he wants? NSYNC members, Jar Jar Binks, all of it? Fans think they can play with someone elses baby now?

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

How exactly does the prequel trilogy mess with canon?

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

That tickled my inner nerd.

10. Special Patrol Group

11. Lynus302

Yoda and Obi-Wan started the resistance at the end of EpIII, no? I only saw that movie once. Perhaps they finalized it or whatever you want to call it, but to say they had "nothing to do with it" is just ludicrous.

Perhaps it was all somehow some vast liberal conspiracy.

:grin:

[Ducks for cover]

This has nothing to do with anything. It's his story and he's free to ruin it in whatever way he sees fit. But in my opinion (and the opinion of many others), he turned it from a trilogy with Academy Awards won and nominations earned (including Best Picture) into a parody of itself.

I don't get what your asking. The writer accepts all six films as canon, and attempts speculation regarding prior relationships between R2, C3PO, Yoda, Chewie, and Obi-Wan. It's just a fan theory and nothing more than interesting to some.

12. Lynus302

Found the Cracked article:

13. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

?
    I don't think the OP said anything like that.

Also, lol@ 'golden dandypants'.

14. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

In the first paragraph it says if we're to accept all films as canon then you have to change story lines in the original trilogy to better coincide with events in the prequels.

I don't recall anything in the prequels that contradicts anything said in the original trilogy.

Also, I think the article is jumping to a lot of conclusions and making quite a bit of assumptions. I don't recall any point in EpIII where Yoda, Obi Wan and Bail Organa start the rebel alliance. And nowhere do I recall Chewie as 2nd in command of the Wookies. It's safe to say he was high in rank...but 2nd in command is a stretch, especially considering we don't see him earlier in the film when Yoda goes to meet with the Wookies.

Not only that but it's placing much too importance on Chewie in the original trilogy, to the point where Han becomes a backseat driver? Han Solo becomes nothing more than a pawn within this alternative story; that's a disservice to the character.

I also think it's quite easy to believe, and rather heartbreaking at that, to see Chewie reduced to a copilot role for a dirty smuggler. If anything, his role in the Star Wars universe should have been expanded upon in the prequel films. I've always thought it would have been better to replace Jar Jar and the Gungans with Chewie and the Wookies. Yes, the first film was located on Naboo and not Kashyk. Well why not move it to Kashyk then, or maybe Chewie is part of a rogue faction of Wookies that finds redemption at the end of the first film, after helping the human population of Naboo defeat the Trade Federation. He's then welcomed back into the Wookie culture on Kashyk where he rises to a spot in the high command and helps to lead the resistance against a newly mobilized droid army. After helping Yoda escape though, he's forced to flee Kashyk once again and go into hiding, where eventually hooks up with Han.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

16. Lynus302

Not changed, but 'reinterpreted.'

FWIW: A brief search found this from Starwars.com:<--this links to Chewies page and you can find the info on Bail at this site as well. It doesn't say anything about Chewie being 2nd in command but talks a bit about his relationship with Yoda. I remember them meeting, but I haven't seen the movie in quite some time.

17. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Thank you for posting this. I love reading these fan-fiction posts...sometimes they are better than the real thing :).

Maybe I'm the only one, but I enjoyed the three prequels. In fact, ROTS is my second favorite of the series after Empire Strikes Back.

18. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I kinda already HAVE been viewing the Original Trilogy in a different light.

There a great many things that are more deep to me... and others that became shallow.

And Vader's "NoooooOOOOooooOOOooooo!" near about ruined all 6 films. :(

19. bloop

bloop Member

yeah! in ROTS when Anakin went all badass I was like "YEAH"

and then when he killed those baby jedi I was like "awwwww"

then when Natalie Portman died I was like *cry*

that wrap up was AWESOME!!! one thing it didn't mention was how in the prequels Yoda was soooooooooooo much better as a sonic the hedgehog badass warrioR!!!! In the prequels he was all ZAM ZAM ZAM with his lightsabre when in the original movies he was all weak and didn't even have ABS

sarcasm off

prequels were lame and contradicted everything about the Force and the alliance that ever made them even slightly interesting. the way the 2nd movie ends, where Yoda struggles with rubble Sauraman the Grey drops on him BECAUSE IT'S REALLY BIG and BIG THINGS ARE HEAVY thereby allowing him to escape spits in the face of every lesson that Yoda was trying to instill in Luke in the original movies that "size matters not."

what else can you say about the Prequels than they took the most badass villain in movie history and singlehandedly made him a completely uncool, unthreatening, whiny, weak willed teenager with a raging boner and a stick up his ass for 2 movies

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

How about this: Lucas saw the oppurtunity to make three more Star Wars films when CGI became an up and coming fad.