1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another superstar mismanaged by the organization & leaving Houston on bad terms...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StacyMcGrady3, Dec 28, 2009.

1. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

We have seen this many times before. For God sakes, this organization traded away Hakeem Olajuwon. At the end of the day, IT IS a business and the fans understand this as well. However, it would be really nice to see a superstar player play out his tenure and eventually retire here in the city.

I am a Rockets fan before anything else but I am really disappointed in the way this organization treats players. They simply use you and dispose of you. No wonder players always leave Houston on bad terms..i.e.: from stars like Barkley, Pippen, Olajuwon, Drexler, Francis to role players like Shandon Anderson, Jim Jackson, Cuttino Mobley and Glen Rice etc.

Les Alexander is a great owner but indeed a very shady and double faced business man. It's sad to see Morey fall into this trap. Adelman never truly gave T-Mac a chance. I am happy that this drama is finally over and lets see if any other superstar would want to come to Houston to play for an organization who turns their back so quickly.

1 person likes this.
  2. lauradelenn

lauradelenn Member

I'd say if there's any player on the Rockets' team that is a franchise player and will likely retire Red, it's Yao.

Yao has the personal qualities and loyalty that will likely to see him through the long haul....although I'm sure the value of his built in fan base in China doesn't hurt, either. :p

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Can we expect you will be leaving with the other Tmacnuthuggers?

4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

"Another team T-Mac manages to get himself jettisoned from."

I helped you with your thread title. McGrady can now add Houston to the list of teams that have decided to part ways with his antics rather than deal with him.

5. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

And you have that username?

OP FAIL!

Hahahahaha! :grin:

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

Forget that little detail about Tmac telling Stephen A Smith about his plans to get surgery before he even informed his own team-mates, coach, and GM?

Or last year when asked who would win the championship, he pretty much threw the team under the bus and said Kobe would win it?

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

In case you didn't know most superstars when they're at the end of their rope have a hard time giving it all up. Even Craig Biggio held the Astros franchise back by staying on all those extra years just to get to 3,000.

Look at Brett Favre, Michael Jordan, Bobby Bowden, Joe Montana, Carla Malone... every sport is filled with examples of organizations that have the option of pandering to their aged superstar at the expense of their future or just moving the hell on. And you know what? In almost every situation moving on is the right move. Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers would certainly say so.

8. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

don't even try to blame the team. tracy brought this on himself. dudes a whiner and a quitter. this arrogance is what's wrong with sports today. it's okay to be confident but arrogance is a whole uglier level. dudes getting paid 23 mil and still feels a gross sense of entitlement. f' him and good riddance.

9. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

If Yao was not such a cash cow for Les, he would have been traded long ago. He may have been injured more than Tmac but he will remain in Houston as long as he can turn a profit for the owner. I just hope that if they do trade Tmac, do not trade him for garbage players with bad contracts for multiple years in order to just get rid of him.

10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

lol.. As a T-Mac fan...

It goes both ways.

I think both parties handled it poorly.

11. Pocket Rockets

drexler retired here on his terms

12. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

It is the organization that has no loyalty. Yao may sign here for less, but it would only make his chances of getting traded away greater.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

it happens all over the league and in other sports, we're not the only franchise...the team can only do so much and as of late, more and more athletes are staying longer.

14. ThaShark316_28

DING DING DING DING DING

15. ThaShark316_28

Obviously though...more falls on T-Mac's shoulders.

16. raj87

raj87 Member

I respectfully disagree. As prone to injuries Yao is, Darryl Morey will eventually calculate that Yao Ming is not going to help the Rockets, and is expendable.

17. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Care to explain how? Plz? Im curious to know. If you are talking about him calling out for more mins then its a 50/50 thing with that but i would really like to know.

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yao's gone on his next injury. For sure. All we need is the dwarves. They will lead us to the pot of gold! They're magically delicious. ;)

19. Dei

Dei Member

Tracy was only a superstar for one season.

20. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Oh man. Did you actually here the inteview? I did. It's funny actually. TMac said the Lakers would win it all ONLY if they could beat the Rockets. But idiots reported "Tmac says Lakers will beat Rockets" and then morons quote TMac as saying the Lakers will beat the Rockets without actually hearing him say it.