1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to face the truth

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidxhz, Dec 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

I have seen people here being overconfident and delusional. But let's face it, this team is mediocre.

Yeah we've beaten
    Por, Utah(still early in the season, teams haven't found their rhytm and knows little about the Rockets),
    Lakers and Mavs(No Paul Gasol and Dirk)
    Cavs(Cavs on second night of a back to back, played overtime in menphis and lost, BTW, still not a legit contendor in my opinion)

Can't see what positives we can draw from these games.
    So don't be surprised when we lose to the elite teams, hope this can sooth you guys if you are really pissed about the loss to Magic.

BTW, hope tracy can become a part of this team, if we didn't get a superstar, we would continue to struggle against good teams :)

2. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Fire in the hole!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

No one is saying we are going to win a championship this year. However, you have to be proud of the way our team is playing with damn near all 2nd round picks....

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Agreed. I don't think anybody expects this team to win the championship or even get out of the first round. We're just proud as hell that our team of no names with only one lottery player even receiving significant playing time is competing for the playoffs. That's enough for this year.

5. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Ugh, what up with all these down-to-earth comments after one loss?

We're not superb team in the west and not even close to a elite team, hate to say but mediocre is more than precise to describe this team, no superstars but bunches of hard workers playing their tails off every single night, they deserve our props.

No overconfident and delusional, no nothing, expectation just got higher than the start of the season due to our sensational performance down the stretch so far, 17-12 would tell the truth.

6. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Mediocre teams dont have road wins @Dallas, @Cleveland, @Utah, and @Lakers.

I would say a solid play-off team. Not an elite title contender, but certainly not just an average, mediocre team. Considering we are 17-12 against the toughest schedule so far in the league, not making the play-offs barring injury would make this year a failure.

7. kejohn

kejohn Member

Since 16 teams make the playoffs, you need only be mediocre to make the playoffs. BUt I this this team is in the top 12 of the league, whihc is very good considering we do not have a superstar currently playing.

8. BK219

BK219 Member

I wouldn't say we're mediocre. Nobody here is saying we're contending for a title, I think we all just agree that the team is playing a lot better than most would have expected before the season. That alone is enough reason to be proud as hell of these guys

9. Hball

Hball Member

This team can compete for a championship this year, because they play hard.

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

WOW, we lose one game to a CHAMPIONSHIP contender and we are "mediocre"? lol... :confused: :eek:

This team is still sort of an enigma so we really won't know what they are till certain choices are made and we know who will be here to go to battle with. 17-12 is pretty dam good in the West and way better then I thought we'd do.

11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

So you don't really belive that crap in your sig huh? Save yourself the drama and stop watching this team. If you can't appreciate what this team is doing then you'll never be satisfied.

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

We're not a mediocre team. Mediocre teams are the Clippers, Nets, Timperpups. Even with Yao out and Tracy being given limited minutes, we're still better than those teams.

On some back end games of a back to back, you will lose. It happens, especially to a good team like tonight. And even though we lost, I didn't come away thinking that the Magic were a vastly superior team that we were no match for. There was just a bad period in the 3rd qtr that got us in a hole that we couldn't overcome, and IMO Ariza was a big reason that deficit snowballed.

13. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

the same could be said about the rockets still play early on in the season and haven't yet found their rhythm, yet they still beat the blazers and utah...so even being early on, not having found our rhythm yet and minus our 2 stars, we still beat them...I mean, if you dig hard enough, you find excuses for why we got lucky beating those teams. I agree we are not title contenders and I highly doubt anyone in their right mind is thinking that, but mediocre is not the words to describe this team either. They are legit contenders for a 6 - 8th seed in the playoffs. They are beating the teams they should beat and pulling a few wins against the elite teams, that IMO is an above average team.

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

your excuses that why we won to those teams are ridiculous, in the beginning of the season, any team hasnt found a rhytm, and the teams has a good vid to know about the rockets.

Lakers and Mavs, yep they didnt have their superstars, but the rockets doesnt have their superstars too, so thats equal.

Cavs, the rockets have played a lot of back to backs games, and if you lose you dont have excuse.

I know the rockets are contenders for the NBA title, but they are playing pretty good, considering they are no-name players.

15. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

No doubt we would be a solid playoff team but the season hasn't finished yet, only 29 games played, 53 to go, who knows what's gonna happen ahead of us? The toughest schedule really makes us look good in the spotlight, earning that kinda record singularly depending on our shooting performance and hustle plays down the stretch.

I'm not saying they're not playing good, actually they did a terrific job on and off the court. Having them compared to Lakers, Cleveland, Orlando, even Hawks, we don't have that much of a scoring punch in Aaron brooks and Trevor, glad that we still have Landry and Scola but that's not gonna cut it.

16. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

No, those are ****ty teams. Yes we are better than them, as we should be after proving what we did last year in the playoffs. HOWEVER, we are a mediocre team. We've played well with what we have, but we are a mediocre team. These guys will have difficulty making the playoffs. We're a little over a third of the way through the season and 1 game out of missing the playoffs. The road only gets tougher from here on out. It's not going to be easy for us to keep up this level of play and, if necessary, elevate it when the time comes which it will if we are knocking on the doorstep of the playoffs. Talk to me after we play San Antonio, Denver, Utah, Phoenix and the elites of the East again. If we're still above .500 by the All-Star break, I will become a believer. Right now, I'm just cheering on my favorite team with no expectations.

17. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Did I say I am not satisfied? This team is 17-12 and I say we are mediocre because we really have not had a standout game against an elite team after 1/3 of the season. They are already ourperforming my expectations.

Did I say I do not appreciate our guys? I appreciate them to death and I will continue to watch them play and cheer for them.

Maybe that word mediocre hurt you so you are a little pissed, but admit it.

18. HookemHorns1250

Why can't people just be excited about the fact that were 17-12 with a team that we all thought wouldn't be able to reach above .500 ball. This team competes night in and night out, just be happy instead of having knee jerk threads like these.

Keep it up Rockets!

19. HookemHorns1250

.......? At LA? Cleveland at home? Beating Utah IN UTAH? Beating Dallas IN Dallas? What the heck do you want the Rockets to do?

20. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

WOW just WOW... :eek: