1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muscle building - rhGh (Recombinant human growth hormone)

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Mathloom, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I've been very mildly considering this. Let me start off by saying that I'm completely aware of the risks. Feel free to discuss them anyway.

I have some questions though which I can't seem to find the answers to:

1) How can these things increase muscle size but not muscle strength? Wouldn't this depend on how you work out before, during and after the cycle?

2) Will the size disappear once you finish taking it? Is that for certain?

3) I can't for the life of me understand why GHR1000 wouldn't work for everyone at least a little bit. I hear that it will only work for older people because their pituitary glands are weaker due to their age? Is there any harm in trying (since it claims not to overexert)? Keep in mind Sylvester Stallone takes these.

4) Is it worth it? The injections are quite expensive, so is it really worth it if it will be the only and last time I do it in my life? (I'll obviously keep working out though)

My goal is this: I've lost 20lbs. I've always struggled to be fit. I figure the only way to counter my ridiculously low metabolism is by getting rid of the last 10lbs and then focusing on building muscle. I don't care much about looking good. My two main concerns are: (1) playing football/soccer and (2) realistically put myself in a position to never face my weight problem again.

Keep in mind, I can gain 20lbs a month. I have the BMR of a 5'2 woman. The depressing part is I'm a 5'10, active and (now) moderately healthy-eating guy.

Give me some tips. Everything I've heard thus far is that the side effects are as rare as can be in any drug and that it will put me on the path to eliminating my problem. But I need some objectivity now.

Help!

2. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

it will not do anything for muscle growth (that you will notice) unless you are seriously advanced (which you are not) and taking it alongside Testosterone and Insulin.

You are trying to get results with the least amount of side effects, right? This is not the road.

Just forget the HGH. Worthless for you at this point.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Ask Roger Clemens.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You're from Turkey correct..?

Sorry there is no hope.

5. fmullegun

Wow, do you live in Turkey? You have access to basically everything I guess.

6. YaosDirtyStache

your balls will shrink!

7. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

With Hgh you have to take it for extended periods of time 4-6 months to see results unlike anabolic steroids. But unlike steroids you actually keep everything you gain as it actually produces new muscle fibers.

8. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

"your balls will shrink!"

Actually they could grow. Taking HGH is kind of like going through a growth spurt to a certain extent. It's not as hyper accelerated as certain times of life but there is a growth factor.

9. fmullegun

Natural bodybuilders see an increase in actual fibers also. HGH is a huge waste of time unless you are massive and running out of HGH due to a large intake of food, testosterone and insulin.

Saying you will keep everything you gain is kinda deceptive also. The slower you gain the easier it is to keep. 6 months of "gaining", since there is no dramatic (ie worthwile) mass gain, it is much easier to keep whatever you did (which probably had very little to do with the HGH)

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

HGH isn't going to help you. Sorry.

Like steroids and other drugs that people think separate them from being supermen, HGH is over hyped. Alone it is almost worthless to the average person under the age of 40 or 50 when it comes to body composition.

11. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Ok I'm not sure who's talking about injections and who's talking about pills.

Injections >> Adding somatropin to your body.

Pills >> Tries to maximize your body's own somatotropin production.

Now I'm hearing that it won't work but I've seen with my own two eyes that it works even on a 45-day cycle (injections). Maybe you guys are talking about more dramatic growth?

Two friends of mine both basically gained 10lbs muscle and lost 15lbs fat in 45 days cycle. No insuline, no testosterone. Both in their late 20's (like me).

I'm half Turkish, half Middle Eastern. The two WORST body types for body-building EVER.

I want to lose 10lbs of fat and add 15lbs of muscle this coming year (2010). What really piqued my interest is that my two friends saw EXACTLY those numbers. They are significantly more built than I am but they had never taken anything other than protein/aminos/glutamine/creatine.

I don't want to be in a situation where my workout regimen cripples my social life - going out, food, etc. By January 1, 2011 I want to be in good enough shape to go into maintenance mode for the rest of my life - Football once a week and weightlifting twice a week.

Time is running out, I got to come up with a plan soon!

12. droxford

droxford Member

It's not worth it.

Later in your life, when you want to have a normal life and have kids, and your body is all farked up you'll realize how much it isn't worth it.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm telling you straight up, injecting human growth hormone into your body even at doses of 6-8 iu a day isn't going to do what you want. If your friends took HGH alone and got those gains they are both 1 in 1000. More likely, they made radical changes in their diet and exercise and/or did more than what they told you as far as pharmaceuticals go.

For the record, it's impossible to gain that much muscle tissue in 45 days (even with drugs) unless they were severely, severely malnourished to begin with.

I can tell you're set on doing something and you're not interested in doing the work in the gym or the kitchen so at least thoroughly research what you decide to do. A basketball forum isn't the best place to start. Try a bodybuilding forum (I can name a few if it's not against the rules here) but be warned, those guys will rip you a new one if go on there talking about wanting to do drugs but not having an interest in putting all the time, money and effort into the workouts or the nutrition. You'd be better off just using the search function there and learning what you can.

14. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Why would it be all farked up if you keep working out?

15. fmullegun

More than likely their "results" are BS.

I just want to know how he determined his friends both EXACTLY gained 10 pounds of muscle and lost 15 pounds of fat. LOL, I bet they just lost some fat (15-10 = 5 ) and look more ripped while being a bit stronger.

16. Mathloom

Supporting Member

It's not 1 in 1000 though. I would agree with you, but what are the chances it works for both of them?

They were in pretty good shape to begin with. I tell you, I've seen this day-to-day with my own eyes.

I'm set on doing something. I'm not sure where you're picking up that I'm not interested in going to the gym or the kitchen - though I do commonly hear this as an excuse from friends who bodybuilding. I've actually been the healthiest eater on earth for the last 7 months.

1600 calories > bran flakes breakfast, fruit + yoghurt snack, medium portion lunch (NEVER fried) with salad, 5 nuts for evening snack and a medium portion dinner with soup.

300 calories of protein shake per day (1g fat per serving).

Exercise 4-6 times a week (1 soccer, one basketball and the rest weightlifting with a 10 minute jog).

Doesn't get any better than that. But I know that this is short-term, as in 1 more year max.

The last thing I'm worried about is amount of effort, money or time. The most thing I'm worried about is efficiency - in time, effort and money.

I have a question. Why do the bodybuilder forums swear by the hgh+insulin+testosterone thing yet all research I've been able to find around says that it makes no difference to muscle strength. It only changes muscle mass?

17. fmullegun

cause your research sucks? LOL!

Testosterone will make you stronger even if you just inject it and sit on your arse all day.

HGH won't do jack. Waste your cash and time and injections and risk medical problems if you want to, but for all the effort you are putting in you might want to take something that will be worth it.

18. Mathloom

Supporting Member

They use that machine where u stand bear feet and hold two rods on each side and it calculates your body fat, protein, minerals, water, skeletal muscle mass, visceral fat, etc..

Very common.

19. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Yes but the strength dissapears once you stop injecting right?

20. fmullegun

And it commonly sucks. The onlly way to get accurate results is with a volume-weight measurement like this
    http://www.lifemeasurement.com/

or a dunk tank.