ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Closed Thread

so we gonna act like kevin durant ain't gonna drop 30+ on shane crappier?
Tags:  basketball, chase budinger, defense, houston rockets, kevin durant, nba, rick adelman Tags
swyyyguy is offline Old 11-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
swyyyguy
swyyyguy is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineswyyyguy is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineswyyyguy is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29829

shane's defense has declined and he's a non-factor on offense.

if he's not shutting anyone down and/or grabbing rebounds, there is absolutely no reason for him to be in the game.

i'd rather have rick adelman give more minutes to chase budinger. at least he contributes what he's there to contribute.

HOUSTON ASTROS

u mirin' brah?

Sponsored Link
dookiester is offline Old 11-29-2009, 04:33 PM   #2
dookiester
dookiester is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously gooddookiester is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #10686

shane battier has really lost it defensively at this stage of his career. if he isn't hitting his 3's he's just hurting the team.

id like to see budinger or even jermaine taylor at this point. it is a rebuilding year anyway isnt it.

knote32 is offline Old 11-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
knote32
Contributing Member
knote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2006
Member: #16408

Rocket fans...

Wolfpack101 is offline Old 11-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
Wolfpack101
Wolfpack101 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44186

^ Eh he has a point. Shane Battier has gotten so bad that he is worse than Chuck Hayes on offense.

tcadriel is offline Old 11-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
tcadriel
tcadriel is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26284

Quote:
Originally Posted by swyyyguy

if he's not shutting anyone down and/or grabbing rebounds, there is absolutely no reason for him to be in the game.

i'd rather have rick adelman give more minutes to chase budinger. at least he contributes what he's there to contribute.
Very rarely does anyone defensively shutdown another player. You can limit their baskets but to shut them down, no. I have no problem with Shane in this regards, but I do wish he'd fine away to put some points on the board. That would cancel out some of what the man your defending scores.

TMac4Life#1 is offline Old 11-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #6
TMac4Life#1
TMac4Life#1 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38346

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookiester
shane battier has really lost it defensively at this stage of his career. if he isn't hitting his 3's he's just hurting the team.

id like to see budinger or even jermaine taylor at this point. it is a rebuilding year anyway isnt it.
What happened to him anyway?? Last time I remembered when the draft was around and we brought him I remember guys saying he is the real deal. This and that. I wonder why he hasn't sniffed the court yet. Hmmmm I guess you can give it to clutchfans for over hyping a guy up.

kaocsaephan is offline Old 11-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #7
kaocsaephan
kaocsaephan is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2007
Member: #25457

So, is we gonna act like this fool deserves any attention? For real? Dawg?

The threads lately have been nothing but idiotic cries from people who haven't been here all that long but feels the need to share every little thought that they have come across their little brains.

dookiester is offline Old 11-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #8
dookiester
dookiester is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously gooddookiester is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcadriel
Very rarely does anyone defensively shutdown another player. You can limit their baskets but to shut them down, no. I have no problem with Shane in this regards, but I do wish he'd fine away to put some points on the board. That would cancel out some of what the man your defending scores.
exactly. nobody expects shane to shut his man down, but where he used to be able to make life tough on his guy he is now routinely getting burned. he lacks the speed to stay in front of his man and the hand-in-the-face trick has lost its novelty and players are just drilling shots over him. shane was a great fit for the tmac/yao centric team where all he had to do was spot up, but he is close to dead weight on this team.

not to make him a scapegoat, since there's alot wrong with this team, but decreasing shane's minutes in favor of one of the younger guys is one thing that the rockets have control over and its frustrating that they haven't done it yet.

windz is offline Old 11-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #9
windz
windz is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44111

durant will drop 25+ on battier but it will be a low percentage... (I HOPE)

knote32 is offline Old 11-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
knote32
Contributing Member
knote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2006
Member: #16408

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac4Life#1
What happened to him anyway?? Last time I remembered when the draft was around and we brought him I remember guys saying he is the real deal. This and that. I wonder why he hasn't sniffed the court yet. Hmmmm I guess you can give it to clutchfans for over hyping a guy up.
Reminds me of Tracy...

Hakeemtheking is offline Old 11-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #11
Hakeemtheking
Hakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHakeemtheking is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Member: #38940

Quote:
Originally Posted by swyyyguy

If this is indeed an experimental year, then yes, RA should play C-Bud and even Taylor more. There is really nothing to lose: If the experiment works, we will have more wins and the team makes the playoffs. If it doesn't, we will likely get a high draft pick (draft a center please).

TMac4Life#1 is offline Old 11-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
TMac4Life#1

8-8 and guys are already talking about experimenting?? Wow Way to give up after only a month. Hmmmm

dookiester is offline Old 11-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #13
dookiester

Quote:
8-8 and guys are already talking about experimenting?? Wow Way to give up after only a month. Hmmmm
if you don't think we're already experimenting when trevor ariza goes 1-on-1 trying to create a shot and ends up hitting the side of the backboard, then let me know what rockets team you're watching bc i'd sure like to tune in.

cheke64 is offline Old 11-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #14
cheke64
cheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2009
Member: #42238

shane knows he is in the hot seat about now. He is gonna chuck it up behind the 3 point line. All the hype battier gets from nba,kobe,matt, and bill, yet we can't get **** from him.

cjtaylorpt is offline Old 11-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #15
cjtaylorpt
cjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the points
Member: #38284

Quote:
Originally Posted by windz
durant will drop 25+ on battier but it will be a low percentage... (I HOPE)
durant will drop 25+ on anybody.

swyyyguy is offline Old 11-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #16
swyyyguy
swyyyguy is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineswyyyguy is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineswyyyguy is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29829

Quote:
so we gonna act like we ain't been experimenting all year long?

HOUSTON ASTROS

u mirin' brah?

bullardfan is offline Old 11-29-2009, 05:20 PM   #17
bullardfan
Contributing Member
bullardfan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finebullardfan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finebullardfan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32575

i dont think you pass on John Wall in favor of a big. not that he is goin to be jordan, kobe, melo, or durant, depends on his work ethic, but he is 6'4" still growing and undeniably talented with great court vision. yeah he could be a kobe or steve francis. but u take that risk. 6'9" wing span has a potential to be a defensive threat for any guard. at the very least pick him up n trade him if he doesnt pan out.

cheke64 is offline Old 11-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #18
cheke64
cheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2009
Member: #42238

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjtaylorpt
durant will drop 25+ on anybody.
so we gonna act like shane is not an elite defender

TMac4Life#1 is offline Old 11-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #19
TMac4Life#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookiester
if you don't think we're already experimenting when trevor ariza goes 1-on-1 trying to create a shot and ends up hitting the side of the backboard, then let me know what rockets team you're watching bc i'd sure like to tune in.
Well lets see. That right there is a coach's problem. Pull is ass to the side and talk to him. WTH was that and thats it. Ariza is over doing it anyway. He is trying to hard instead of doing something things he is accustomed to. I blame Morey and RA for telling him he has the freedom to do him when knowing damn well his whole career he hasn't been doing that.

Vinsanity is offline Old 11-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #20
Vinsanity
Contributing Member
Vinsanity is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodVinsanity is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #37413

Sounds like the OP is the NBA equivalent to the longhorn VY fans.

Closed Thread