1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Let me guess. . . she deserved it and should have obeyed their AUTHORITAH!! - Rocket River

http://www.4029tv.com/news/21638427/detail.html

Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl

POSTED: 9:35 am CST November 17, 2009
    UPDATED: 2:57 pm CST November 17, 2009
    [BUZZ: Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl] [DELICIOUS: Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl] [DIGG: Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl] [FACEBOOK: Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl] [REDDIT: Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl] [RSS] [PRINT: Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl] [EMAIL: Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl]
    OZARK, Ark. -- Ozark police said they were called to a home where a mother asked for help with her unruly child, but the 10-year-old's father said he's outraged at the force police used against his daughter.

"I would like to say Ozark police Tased this little girl right here. Ten years old and [they] shot electricity through her body, and I want to know how the heck in God's green earth can they get away with this," said the girl's father, Anthony Medlock.

Medlock said his daughter was at her mother's house when Ozark police Officer Dustin Bradshaw shocked her in the back with a Taser and arrested her.

"If you can't pick the kid up and take her to your car, handcuff her, then I don't think you need to be an officer," Medlock said.

Medlock said his daughter does show signs of having emotional issues, but she "doesn't deserve to be treated like a dog. She's not a tiger."

According to a police report, the officer was called to the home by the mother and witnessed the child kicking and screaming.

The officer's statement said the girl's mother, Kelly Hamlert, told him to use a Taser on her if he needed to.

The officer did shock the girl after he said she kicked him in the groin.

"He had no other choice. He had to get the child under control," said Ozark police Chief Jim Noggle.

Noggle said the officer shocked the girl for about a second.

Ozark police said it is their policy to use a Taser on someone who is a threat to others, no matter their age.

Noggle said simply restraining the child could be harmful.

"Well, if he tried to restrain her, he might hurt her by restraining her. If you grab somebody, you can slip an arm out of joint. They can slip from you and fall on the ground," Noggle said.

"I don't know what kind of policy it is. I don't think it's right," Medlock said.

Medlock said this is not the first time the girl's mother has called police to take her daughter to a juvenile facility. He said he will now try to get custody of his daughter.

"She just wants somebody to love her, and I do," he said.

40/29 News checked with several other police agencies about their taser policies. The Fort Smith Police Department said it will only uses a Taser on a person 14 years old or older if they are a threat to someone.

Fort Smith Police said it's usually the discretion of each police department to make their own policies on using a Taser.

Noggle said no action is being taken against the Ozark officer who used the Taser on the girl, and he said her case will go before the juvenile court system.

2. Shovel Face

Shovel Face Member

She was kicking the police officer. That little brat did deserve it.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ozarks people, Ozarks.

4. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I just hope there's video. I've yet to fail to laugh at a good tasing video.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

rrrrriiiiiigggghhhhhttttt

Rocket River
    mmmmmmmm Kay

6. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

if the parents discipline their kids, the police won't have to

but we got this little thing against child abuse :rolleyes:

but yea, that may be a little extreme

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It's not the size of the opponent, Elaine, it's the ferocity.

1 person likes this.
  8. joesr

joesr Member

I can see both sides of the argument

It is a 10 year old girl, man up.

but at the same time, physically restraining her could as they said result in a injury by slippage or somewhat familiar.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

You seem to have an agenda in your posts about police.

What do you hope to accomplish?

10. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I remember listening to a 911 call on youtube where a mother calls in and asks 911 to come to her house because her son is out of control, and the 911 operator goes "Do you want us to shoot him?"

This is better.

Control your children.

11. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

How about get control of your own damn kids. Hell, you call the police because your brat is out of control and you cant do anything to de-fuse the situation then you get pissed when the officer does what he is there to do, get the control that you were too incompetent to obtain.

The article should be titled, "10-year-old girl too much for her parents to handle"

But no, if mass media gets a chance to take a shot at police then they do so.

12. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I understand the focus on the police officer, but what kind of mom calls the police into her home to help her discipline her 10 year old? Anyone ever heard of a time out? Or a good spanking? It's not like it was a teenager, the kid was still in elementary school...

13. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

Just to spread his bitterness about us, that is all.

[​IMG]

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I believe it was a her not a him.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uAGSnKeSSZ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uAGSnKeSSZ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

15. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

It is still hilarious.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I forgot . .in your world. . . Cops can do no wrong

Rocket River
    What kind of a punk cannot handle a 10 yr Old?
    [mom and Cop]

17. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

A taser? Damn this was a little extreme. I dont get how these trained professionals are doing this, but then again I wasnt there. Drunk men or women hitting you, I understand ;) But little kids? :confused:

Grannys, 10 year olds.....The Tase is out to get your ass. :eek:

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

At least he didn't club her too.

19. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I'm sure she's a b!tch.

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

AGREED THERE HAS NOT BEEN ONE YET THAT WAS NOT FUNNY.