1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Anderson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htown11, Nov 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. htown11

htown11 Member

So whats the deal with this guy. I know its early and sure he has to adjust to the NBA but he just doesnt seem like hes ready to do anything on the defensive end, and hes really pretty useless on the offensive end. I saw him air ball a shot today? :confused: Other times he was just getting manhandled on the boards, other than some favorable tips Anderson was lost. I remember Adelman saying he will be a project on the defensive end, but I also remember Adelman saying this guy is pretty stellar on the offensive end.

Couple questions I have.... looking for some answers from the fans here!

Should Pops be getting Andersons PT?

Will Anderson ever be able to adapt to a more physical league?

Should the Rockets look to sign a vet center instead?

Is he even worth the effort?

Should Joey Dorsey get a chance?

Just some basic questions I have on my mind.

Its really early I know but just wondering if this guy will have any growth as the season goes on, or he just to soft too play in the NBA.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not unless he earns it.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Not unless someone gets injured and then their raplcement gets injured... please knock on wood after reading...

Just some basic questions I have on my mind.

Its really early I know but just wondering if this guy will have any growth as the season goes on, or he just to soft too play in the NBA.

No, way too early... he's not a traditional C... he'll be used to mix up the offense and will take long range shots.

3. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Watching him fumble all those rebounds was painfull

4. redao

redao Member

He will be fine as long as he hustles and find the rhythm with the team.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

David Anderson was painful to watch...but this is his baseline.

Rockets Brass will measure him on how much he improves before making any decision.

I certainly hope over the coruse of the next 20 games he shows some improvement.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Let me guess, this is the first game you've watched that DA played in...

7. cujo

cujo Member

Not too worried about Andersen...he will improve.

8. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Andersen had a bad game. So what, Pathetic thread, and I wince as people become members here. Party down.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't even understand what people are watching. I am loving what Andersen contributes. I'm excited about his future as a back up on the Rockets.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

No.

Yes.

Does it have to be an either/or? I'd love to make a move for a shot-blocking big (Ratliff?) who can 'anchor' our defense for a few stretches. Dump Cook and keep Andersen as the offensive option at the 5.

Considering his history of winning in the Euroleagues; considering he's a big man who actually has an offensive game; considering he's really quite cheap - yes, he's worth a few years.

Perhaps he had his chance?

Don't worry - once McGrody gets back, I think that'll help AndersEn's game - or perhaps when Mung is back next season we'll see the real value of AndersEn?

11. htown11

htown11 Member

Lol its not the first game, I watched him all pre-season and he got comfortable with his shot, but he was never good on defense or rebounding, hence the reason why I am asking will he ever get better at that. :)

I will admit I never saw or knew who he was before the Rockets brought him here.

12. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Anderson has done fine so far. Sure he had a bad game tonight, so does Yao almost every time he plays the jazz. Anderson has already exceeded my expectations.

13. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

You must have not seen the prior games. He did well on the offensive end. It takes a while to get used to the Jazz. They are like thug in a dark alley and it takes a while to adjust to that.

The other players (Dorsey and Pops) are not as good as Anderson in the post. Adelman will decide accordingly.

14. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

He wasn't even that bad imo.
    I like watching him play.
    He's a smart guy with good skills... he'll pick it up soon enough. Just give it a little bit of time. This is only game 4 after all.

15. htown11

htown11 Member

Oh lord, just a question buddy sorry I am not a genius like you...

Thanks for the responses guys, new member here just trying to get some info, if thats not to much to ask...

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yeah but from what you wrote it sounds like you think he's horrible on D, as in not even close to ok, but he's actually been alright for the most part, not solid or good, but decent enough to keep hi in for offense. Tonight he seemed out of it, maybe because Memo is very mobile, different kind of player, and well, he's good.

17. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

channing frye: 2M

david andersen: 10M

morey stuffed up this one...

19. PeppermintCandy

Okur was eating Andersen for lunch, but then again, nobody else was stopping Okur either.

Andersen is a outside shooting threat that helps spread the defense. He looks OK for someone playing only his fourth game in the NBA. He probably will be a backup C who is good for 10 to 15 minutes, but that's exactly what the Rockets want from him.

20. quiet8302

quiet8302 Member

It took scola some time 2 adjust in his first season. It just take time he will come around.