1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think this is a 50 loss team...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hank McDowell, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Get well soon, Yao!

I put the over under on losses at 55. I think we lose 50 easily, and probably end up losing right at 55 for the year...

2. uchlha

uchlha Member

Hello John Wall if thats the case lol

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Thanks for sharing.

4. PointForward

PointForward Member

I believe you meant to visit YaoFreaks4Ever dot com

5. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

it seems like every negative thread about the rockets gets a one star rating no matter how true or false it may be!!!!!!! :eek: i sense a lil bias in the ratings system!!!! :eek: i understand that we are supposed to be dedicated rockets fans, but if a certain poster feels a certain way about our team negatively, then why get mad about it? all the rockets organizxation can do is prove the doubters wrong by winning games! we have one of the most undersized teams in the nba. (even when yao was healthy).

6. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

i don't think they're playing seriously...

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if only yao was THAT valuable

8. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Stop overrating yao.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you base this watching a preseason game?

10. Convictedstupid

Actually just half of one.

11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I'm curious what others think...

I know it won't be a popular opinion, but I would love for someone to tell me exactly why this team will be even average this year?

50 losses. Over or under and why?

I say we lose 55. We simply don't have enough firepower to make up for losing what we lost from a year ago. I love Andersen as a backup, I like our supporting cast, but I don't see anyone stepping up enough to make us an above average basketball team, therefore I think we will be well below average this year...

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

You have to factor in that we'll win plenty of games on flat out hustle.

Also, at some point we'll be getting either a healthy Mcgrady or whomever we trade him for.

13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

No.

I base this on watching the Rockets and NBA basketball for over 30 years, not just one pre-season game.

This team reminds me of the team that had Caldwell Jones playing center...

I know I'll get bbq'd for saying so, but that's OK. I can take the heat!

14. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I put your mom under 55 losers, I think she could take 50 easily, probably end up loosening to 55 for the week....Stop being a crybaby, man up and believe in your team.

1 person likes this.
  15. rockets2

rockets2 Member

So we'll win only 27 games :confused: are you nuts :rolleyes:

16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Look at our starting lineup and tell me where we are above average at each position?

Center? Nope.
    PF? Probably.
    SF? Nope.
    SG? Nope.
    PG? Nope.
    Bench? Probably.

There's no star to anchor this team. It's a nice supporting cast with nothing to rally around. I think they'll be hell in a year or two, just not this year.

I love the Rockets, I just don't think they are going to be very good this year. None of you have even come close to making a good argument (aside from hustle) that I'm wrong!

17. Bigpetelikeiron

Why is he a crybaby for simply stating his opinion (albeit not a particularly delightful one.)? Is he not aloud to believe that this team can actually lose that many games? On top of that he clearly asked for informed responses from people on why the rox will win more games than he is stating. Based on what you are suggesting every thread should be: I LOVE THE ROCKETS AND THEY WILL WIN A MILLION GAMES! and on the inside: Because they are the team i root for! I believe the rockets can go to the playoffs because we have a strong hearted team that hustles and plays really tough defense. On top of that i believe McGrady will be back and playing strong and he can carry a team when he is at full strength. Now quit polluting my brain with your childish garbage and say something meaningful!

18. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I like Yao as well. Think he's definitely being missed here.

But no way in hell do we win under 30. No way. I can't say we'll win over 40 either. But just...what're you on, man? 50 losses? Git outta' here.

19. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Whats mcgrady :confused: ......

20. 523744

523744 Member

I dont see this happening. There are still A LOT of bad teams in the west that we play 4 times a year. Memphis, Minnesota, OKC, SAC, GS. I mean thats 20 games right there against flat out horrible teams. I dont see this team losing 50 games. I say theyll finish in the 40s in wins