1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Football Week 3

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Sep 16, 2009.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah yeah, I know it's a little bit early, but I'm tired of this week already... middle of the week and I'm already exhausted... can't wait until Saturday though.

Colt & co. are going to knock out the Raiders.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I hope the Hogs can beat the Bulldogs.

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

My team is going to beat the team they're playing this weekend.

4. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

I will be going to Austin to watch UT vs Tech!! :D

5. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Woo Pig!! I can't wait for this game. It's a night game on national television and I'll be there...Probably quite intoxicated! Got my tickets yesterday. I'm hoping that the Hogs offense shows that it's real and Ryan Mallett has a coming out party as a big time QB.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'll be at the Colorado vs. Wyoming game. This is our only shot at a win this season

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Hopefully my Hokies beat the Nebraska.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

This weekend is the UK vs UL game... Governor's cup is staying in Lexington baby!

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

GT/Miami has me pumped. And it should be interesting to see if BYU can bring it again against FSU. The games yall have been mentioning don't really peak my interest. Tech sucks, VT is a trainwreck to watch, etc.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Hoping Texas is beating Tech soundly enough that I can switch over to the Mayweather fight with no worry.

11. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

I'll be at DKR. This one might set a new attendance record.

Hook 'Em.

12. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I'll root for Tech, cause if they win and the Cougars beat them it makes a stronger case for us in the BCS (yes, I know...one win and I am talking BCS...but a man is only as good as his dream).

Other than that I will root for people in the top 20 to lose to people not in the top 20 so we can have their spot.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Will the Florida crowd sing "Rocky Top" every time they score to serenade Lane Kiffin?

14. Lil Pun

How do student tickets/entrance work at UA?

15. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Well, it's changed quite a bit during my time here. At the start of the year you go buy a book of season tickets that costs $1 per game. There's some time of minimum requirement for the # of hours you have to be taking in order to qualify to purchase student tickets.

During my first year up here, you'd take the ticket and go to a specific student entrance and show a student ID. The people didn't really look closely at the ID. This system made it really easy for non-students to get into the game by borrowing a friends ID and/or using their old ID from their time in school

During my second year, you had a ticket and then they'd scan your ID through a machine to make sure that you were actually a current student with the requisite amount of hours. They also would make sure the ID actually belonged to the person using it.

This year, they've started a new system. I'm assuming they'll still scan IDs like last year. After the horrible start to last season, students stopped showing up to the games leaving large empty spaces in the lower part of the stadium. Now, you've go and purchase a packet of vouchers that you trade in for a student ticket the week of the game. If you don't trade in your voucher for a ticket by the Wednesday before the game, you can't get a student ticket. They're taking all of the unclaimed student tickets and putting them on sale to the general public on the Thursday before the game.

16. Lil Pun

Oh, OK. I was just wondering how that worked at a school with a real athletics program. lol :D

I still think Arkansas should play Arkansas State.
    ;)

17. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Thank you SEC drama. I'm looking forward to what the Swamp and Meyer have in store for them...I might be there in person.

18. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Im going for Texas Tech so the Coogs can get even more credit when they beat the red raiders in week 4!

Plus I cant stand the Longhorns

19. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I'll be enjoyable watching Florida crush Tennessee. I don't know why, but I really don't like Kiffin.

Texas should handle Tech pretty easily too.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Lets be real here... Coogs got off to a nice start, this undefeated dream is about to end pretty soon.