1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sessions close to becoming a Knick...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by FLASH21, Jul 31, 2009.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

There were strong indications Thursday night that the New York Knicks were assembling the final details of an offer sheet they believe will ultimately land Milwaukee Bucks restricted free agent Ramon Sessions.

Terms of the proposed deal were not immediately available, but NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com that the Bucks were indeed bracing for the offer sheet and also more likely to pool the free-agent cash they're prepared to spend this summer to try to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers to the signature of athletic power forward Hakim Warrick rather than matching what's coming to Sessions from the Knicks.

One trusted source insists that the Knicks believe they can extend Sessions far enough to dissuade Milwaukee from matching but without affecting their well-chronicled strategy to leave enough salary-cap space to recruit one maximum-salaried free agent in the summer of 2010. An offer sheet to a restricted free agent must be for at least two years, but it remains unclear how much of New York's $5.9 million mid-level exception Sessions would receive.

Committing the next two seasons (or more) to Sessions, after fruitless free-agent flirtations with Jason Kidd and Grant Hill earlier this month, becomes easier for the Knicks to stomach if restricted free agents David Lee and Nate Robinson indeed return on one-year contracts bumped into the $6 million range. Lee and Robinson would thus become unrestricted free agents next summer while helping the Knicks maintain maximum flexibility.

By Marc Stein
    ESPN.com

I wish we had in on this. Sessions would be a great pick up for NY.

2. sbyang

sbyang Member

What about Von Wafer, I thought he was in advanced discussions with them....

Anyway, good move by NY, he's better than Chris Duhon. He will definitely outplay his deal statistically in the D'antoni system.

3. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

I would much rather the Knicks sign Wafer, and then leave the Rockets the chance to sign Sessions.

4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I don't think the Rox can afford Ramon. And we already have two nice young PGs.

This is an offer sheet, anything less than the full MLE, Milwaukee probably matches.

5. Pete the Cheat

Like BRR said, the Bucks let Villanueva walk to ensure they had enough flexibility to match any offer for Sessions.

the NY press can spin it any way they like, but they aren't going to land Sessions...

6. Asian Sensation

I would love to see Sessions in a D'antoni system but I agree that the Bucks are going to match. If Chris Duhon looked half decent in a D'antoni system I could see Sessions puting up some crazy numbers.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

actually a good signing for the knicks. should be fun to watch under dantoni

8. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

He would be a great fit for the Knicks but I believe the Bucks will match. Sessions is a restricted free agent.

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

If the Bucks don't match they're just mailing in the season. Bucks fans should be irate with the number of players they have let go. Sessions would be a great pick up for the Knicks.

10. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

So whats going to happen to Nasty Nate. I know he wouldnt want to take the backup role.

11. dtrain0928

dtrain0928 Member

CLASS IS IN SESSION! HAHA!

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The Knicks might actually make the playoffs if they sign a few more decent players.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs