1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Boxing] Pacquiao VS Hatton

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by coolweather, Apr 24, 2009.

?

Who will win?

1. Pacquiao

142 vote(s)
    89.9%
  2. Hatton

16 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Who's going to win? this one is a grey to me.. msut be fun..

2. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

I like Hatton and his attitude and his trainer but Pacquiao is gonna mess his face up. Badly.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What face?

4. coolweather

I like Hatton but I don't like his trainer.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Didn't Hatton already get beat by him?

6. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

no they have never fought before. should be a good fight.

I don't see how anyone can think that Pacman will win this. If Hatton's defense and speed has improved, then I don't see him losing. I would like Pacman to win, to either setup a 3rd fight against Marquez or fight Floyd if/when he returns.

Floyd would rip Pacquiao up though.

7. coolweather

by the way, fight is on May 2, that is next Saturday.

8. Asian Sensation

Pacman vs. Mayweather. This needs to happen.

9. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

It's going to be agreat fight. PacMan will win easy.

10. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Pac Man all the way!

11. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

where can i watch this?

12. bladeage

on PPV next saturday.

I don't understand how people are saying that Pac is going to easily beat Hatton...???

Just because he is Pac? We are talking about a natural 140 pounder in Hatton, who has fought at this weight his whole career. And for this weight he is an extremely hard puncher, and is a good body puncher.

Pacman has fought below 130 for the majority of his career. His highest was 147 against Oscar, and of course Oscar was less than a shell of his former self in that fight. He stood no chance regardless.

The problem Manny will have is, he doesn't box well moving backwards. And that is what he will be doing most of this fight. Hatton is not afraid to be hit and Manny is. Ricky will be moving forward the whole fight, and by the looks of it, will have better head movement. Which will make it harder for Manny to land his straight left, which at this point is his most effective punch.

If Manny wins this, it will be by a split decision. Unless Ricky gets careless and wants to make it a brawl. Manny has shown that while he seems afraid to get hit, he has a pretty strong chin. Ricky on the other hand, has a questionable chin. I just don't know how effective Pac's punches will be against a natural 140 pounder.

#12 bladeage, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  13. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Pac is going to dominate real easily, he needs to fight Marquez again and stop being scared of him

14. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

pac should win this easily...he's gained more power all the times he's moved up including the time where he fought david diaz at 135 who originally fought at 140...and of course pac messed him up pretty badly...

hatton couldnt even knock down malinaggi...it just got stopped because his trainer stopped it...hatton having mayweather in his corner doesnt convince me either...u cant train someone this late in someone's career especially on defense...if anything hatton reverts back to his old style...which is pointless in having a new trainer

if anything pac has never seen anyone who punches like hatton but i seriously doubt hatton has seen anyone with pac's speed and that includes mayweather jr

pac by middle round ko and i know eventually hatton will start holding in this fight being frustrated by the speed of pacman

1 person likes this.
  15. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol, i should have been more specific.

where can i watch this in houston.... with no cover?

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Have you seen Ricky's face? Mate he can't look no worse.

17. Christopher

Christopher Member

He has a face like a slapped a$$.

Im going with the Pac in this one.

18. rocket3forlife2

I'm going for the underdog like I always do..I pick Hatton to upset.

I was right about the Shane Mosley fight,so hopefully I get this one right as well.

19. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Pac by late round stoppage, most likely Floyd Sr. throwing in the towel after getting frustrated that Hatton isn't listening to him and continues to walk into straight lefts with no head movement.

20. bladeage

Diaz was trash, he never beat anyone worth mentioning except an old washed up Erik Morales, who he beat by decision. Diaz never stood a chance, everyone knew that.

In the fight Hatton had against Pauly, he showed alot of movement. Way more than has ever been seen by him. He is obviously learning and actually sticking to it. Pacman of course is in another class, so you can't really compare him to Pauly. But, the movement will help Hatton get inside and move away from that straight left.

Hatton is too aggressive, and Pac doesn't do well against pressure fighters and aggressive fighters. He was lucky he got the draw against Marquez in their first bout.

If Hatton can keep moving and his conditioning has improved, and he works the body early, he can catch Manny with something good in the late rounds and win it. If Hatton stands there like Oscar did, well we all know whats going to happen.

I would put money on Hatton, not alot, but still. :D