1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DD's Rocket Talk - Be happy (Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 24, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am excited, happy, ready to see the Rockets play tonight, I do not think Portland can stay with Houston, their team is just not as good right now.

Here is my take on where we are, don't worry, be happy !

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZJx9uNqkCiE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZJx9uNqkCiE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

My point about Roy and Tmac is that both teams were so dependent on the other one having to score the ball and set up the team, when a team is dependent on ONE player, it makes it much harder for them to win.

Right now, I think Portland is too dependent on Roy and overall he will not be able to carry the team through Houston.

We got this....

I hope you enjoy the video, and sorry for the singing, but sometimes, I just can't help myself.

:D

Also, get your playoff beards going......mine is scratchy as hades.

LOL - already before anyone even viewed my video or thread, they gave this thread 1 star....so I am gonna give it 5, gotta love the haters.....sheesh !

DD

#1 DaDakota, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

DD haters all around

i will watch later today when i get home DD

but i dunno on the singing though.....

3. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

ROFL 5 stars!

1 person likes this.
  4. DaDakota

Thanks, I had a BLAST doing this one......it is more about having fun than any other vid.....

Shamrock for you baby !!

Don't worry, be happy.....

:D

DD

5. Cbox

Cbox Member

You aren't a bad singer. When you said you were going to sing, I was a little worried. It should be Pryzbilla is a Joke.

Great Vid! 5 stars!

6. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Wow :eek: !!!! you were feeling it weren't you.. But nothing is like the original version :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qjtbhmQhsXg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qjtbhmQhsXg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

As for comparing Roy and Aldridge to the old TMac and Yao days are way off. T-Mac and Yao had nothing compared to what Aldridge and Roy have. Travis Outlaw can score Steve Blake is a good role player. The only thing that is wrong with Portland is what you said. They are young and not experienced at all

8. DaDakota

You are missing the point entirely....

They are not the same types of players, but their team needs them in the same type of way....where they basically need to score the majority of their points in order for the team to win.

If one, either one struggles they have no chance......it is like the Rockets of a few years ago.

They only have 2 true options...that is what I meant.....maybe I was not clear enough.

DD

9. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

ok i understand you

10. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF Member

Nice! Thanks for posting! 5 STARS!

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

DaDa was singing Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry Be Happy"

5 stars

12. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rox in five, believe it!

13. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

I was thinking about this yesterday. This is just like we learned a few years ago with guys like Head - good regular season contributors who disappear in the playoffs - which puts all the pressure on Roy and LA to be perfect. We all thought it was great when T-mac would drop 40, but it was not sustainable in a 7 game series.

1 person likes this.
  14. DaDakota

That is exactly what I am saying.

BTW, does the '73 mean that is how long you have been following the team? I have been following since the '72-'73 season...so welcome the old school perspective.

DD

15. Docsdock

Docsdock Member

Ya mon-Rockets in five. :D :D :D

16. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Portland seemed to attack whoever Wafer was guarding in Game 2 - even going so far as clearing out for Outlaw at the end of the game.

Do you think we should force their hand, by playing away from their strength (Roy and Aldridge in a high PNR), by playing Wafer more?

I think this helps us on the offensive end, and hurts them on the other side - even if Outlaw is hitting, I don't think he can do the damage that Roy can do in terms of drawing fouls if he's just going to shoot jumpers all day.

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

The Blazers made their adjustments for Game 2 and now it's Rick's move in this Chess game that is the first round.

The Rockets will now make their own adjustments to stop Roy and Aldridge.

I still believe the Blazers played their best game of the series already.

18. DaDakota

I don't think the Rockets have to adjust much at all, just play better D, I don't think Roy and Aldridge can hit that efficiency game in and game out.

The only adjustment I hope to see is better execution against the fronting, and more Shane on Roy.....Ron is just not quick enough to guard good SG's anymore.

DD

19. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

LOL, DD > Susan Boyle.

Nice video. Pretty much agree with everything you said.

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

GREAT GREAT GREAT !!!

But please, don't sing again :)