1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Freddie Mac Chief David Kellerman Commits Suicide

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Apr 22, 2009.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Crazy.
    _____

Freddie Mac Chief David Kellerman Commits Suicide

NEW YORK (WCBS 880) -- Farifax, VA police tell CBS TV affiliate WUSA in Washington DC the acting head of Freddie Mac, David Kellerman, has committed suicide.

Police responded to the Kellerman home after receiving a call from his wife.

Kellermann was 41-years-old.

Sabrina Ruck, a Fairfax County police spokesman, confirmed to the AP that Kellermann was dead, but she could not confirm that he committed suicide despite WUSA reporting that Fairfax police told them it was a suicide.

Kellermann's death is the latest blow to Freddie Mac, a government controlled company that owns or guarantees about 13 million home loans. CEO David Moffett resigned last month.

McLean, Va.-based Freddie Mac and sibling company Fannie Mae, which together own or back more than half of the home mortgages in the country, have been hobbled by skyrocketing loan defaults and have received about $60 billion in combined federal aid.

Kellermann was named acting chief financial officer in September 2008, after the resignation of Anthony ``Buddy'' Piszel, who stepped down after the September 2008 government takeover. The chief financial officer is responsible for the company's financial controls, financial reporting and oversight of the company's budget and financial planning.

Before taking that job, Kellerman served as senior vice president, corporate controller and principal accounting officer. He was with Freddie Mac for more than 16 years.

link

2. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I wonder what he knew.

I'll pray for his family.

Side note: I know he was talking to AIG execs, not FRE execs, but I'll bet Senator Grassley feels like **** today.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I hope he didn't do that because of the job. There are other solutions.

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

It makes you wonder if there may be some kind of federal investigation of wrongdoing going on and there may be some dirt.

Or perhaps, he was just a depressed person that needed help.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

there is a FBI investigation going on with his investment business....cnbc just announced it

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yeah, this is the first thing I thought -- what did he know that is about to break.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Sorry a life was lost....but ditto.

8. ymc

ymc Member

DC Madam also "hanged" herself.... :rolleyes:

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

let the wingnuttia begin

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

So they didn't rule out an angry investor might've murdered him?

11. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Does this help: What is the connection among Vince Foster, Eric Holder, David Kellerman, Barack Obama and the DC madam? Happy? ;)

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

One down. About five hundred more to go.

13. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

You're not really bright, are you, Pericles?

14. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

It's an assassination by Obama's fascist secret government task force. Communism at it's best. Government assassinations. That's why Obama wants to ban guns!

:) That's my left-wing conspiracy theory. I wonder how close it is to the truth.