ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal
YourSecretLover is offline Old 03-14-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
YourSecretLover
YourSecretLover is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodYourSecretLover is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Sep 2007
Member: #25415
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090314/...estrian_killed

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. – Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth hit and killed a pedestrian with his Bentley Saturday morning on a busy causeway linking Miami and Miami Beach, police said.

Stallworth was headed toward the beach when he hit a 49-year-old man around 7 a.m., said Miami Beach police spokesman Juan Sanchez. The unidentified pedestrian was taken to a nearby trauma center, where he was pronounced dead about an hour later. He was near a crosswalk but it's not clear if he was crossing legally.

Stallworth was cooperating and no charges have been filed, Sanchez said. Officers drew his blood to test for drugs or alcohol, which is routine, but police said it was too early to tell if Stallworth was impaired or violating traffic laws. Police would not say where he was coming from or where he was headed.

A message seeking comment was left on the voicemail of his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

Stallworth signed a seven-year, $35 million contract with the Browns as a free agent before last season but hardly played because he was hurt. He was due a $4.75 million signing bonus Friday.

He previously played for the New England Patriots.

Sponsored Link
WhoMikeJames is offline Old 03-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
WhoMikeJames
Contributing Member
WhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2005
Member: #16224
RIP. I wouldn't be surprised if Stallworth got out of this.

There is no boat in Hades, no ferryman Charon,
No caretaker Aiakos, no dog Cerberus.
All we who are dead below
Have become bones and ashes, but nothing else.
I have spoken to you honestly, go on, traveler,
Lest even while dead I seem loquacious to you.

TheBigAristotle is offline Old 03-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
TheBigAristotle
TheBigAristotle is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36214
RIP indeed.

Ray Lewis should have been behind bars years ago though (on a random note)

yobod is offline Old 03-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
yobod
yobod is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5125
If it's proven that the pedestrian was walking legally within a crosswalk, then I'm quite certain that Stallworth will at least receive probation (which is nothing, I know). However, if it is proven that he was impaired at all, then he might be going away for a very long time. RIP

baller4life315 is offline Old 03-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #5
baller4life315
Contributing Member
baller4life315 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsballer4life315 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsballer4life315 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsballer4life315 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsballer4life315 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Sep 2003
Member: #13882

Last edited by baller4life315; 03-14-2009 at 03:10 PM.

Rocket River is offline Old 03-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
Rocket River
Rocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #828
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMikeJames

What do you mean "got out of this"? Honestly sounds like you are assuming he is guilty of something and will weasle out of it. Is that what you doing? I mean you seriously don't think there could be any possibility that he was not at fault in this? just asking

anyway . . .it is tragic all the way around

Rocket River

"Under Ideal circumstances. . . people perform Ideally. . . the measure of a person is how the perform under less than Ideal conditions." - Omen River

I VOTE FOR SAM CASSELL AS THE NEXT ROCKETS COACH!

Adding to may Arya List: Snottie Pippen, CHRIS BISH

Al Calavicci is offline Old 03-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #7
Al Calavicci
Contributing Member
Al Calavicci is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAl Calavicci is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAl Calavicci is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Mar 2009
Member: #39376
Most people don't know what it's like to take the life of another human being. It changes you.

EddieWasSnubbed is online now Old 03-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #8
EddieWasSnubbed
Contributing Member
EddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Calavicci
Most people don't know what it's like to take the life of another human being. It changes you.
I'd like to hear your story, if you don't mind....

juicystream is offline Old 03-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #9
juicystream
Contributing Member
juicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2001
Member: #2425
Quote:
You don't even care that this may have just been a complete accident? He may have done nothing wrong. Accidents do happen, and they can be tragic. You also have no idea how he might feel right now.

Artesticles is offline Old 03-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #10
Artesticles
Artesticles is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #39311
What a nightmare. Could you imagine living the rest of your life knowing you killed someone?

DreamRoxCoogFan is offline Old 03-14-2009, 04:31 PM   #11
DreamRoxCoogFan
DreamRoxCoogFan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsDreamRoxCoogFan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsDreamRoxCoogFan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsDreamRoxCoogFan is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2007
Member: #22389
Quote:
Originally Posted by baller4life315

QFT.

Now if Stallworth had accidentally killed a dog on the road, he would have been drawn and quartered

EddieWasSnubbed is online now Old 03-14-2009, 04:40 PM   #12
EddieWasSnubbed
Contributing Member
EddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3471
Did a little research...never realized Leonard Little had done that...

Wow.

Hopefully this is all a tragic accident, and not another drunken driving case...

RIP.+

Oski2005 is offline Old 03-14-2009, 04:59 PM   #13
Oski2005
Contributing Member
Oski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2001
Member: #3275
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRoxCoogFan
QFT.

Now if Stallworth had accidentally killed a dog on the road, he would have been drawn and quartered

Yeah, because there are tons of stories about people who run over dogs getting that kind of treatment.

I assume your post is about Mike Vick.

RocketsPimp is offline Old 03-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #14
RocketsPimp
Contributing Member
RocketsPimp is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketsPimp is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketsPimp is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketsPimp is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #144
Quote:
Jump to conclusions much??

WhoMikeJames is offline Old 03-14-2009, 05:21 PM   #15
WhoMikeJames
Contributing Member
WhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2005
Member: #16224
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsPimp
Jump to conclusions much??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket River
What do you mean "got out of this"? Honestly sounds like you are assuming he is guilty of something and will weasle out of it. Is that what you doing? I mean you seriously don't think there could be any possibility that he was not at fault in this? just asking

Rocket River
He still killed the guy. Accident or not.

I meant got out of this, like this whole situation just passes by really quickly, guilty or not.

7am must have been pretty dark outside?

There is no boat in Hades, no ferryman Charon,
No caretaker Aiakos, no dog Cerberus.
All we who are dead below
Have become bones and ashes, but nothing else.
I have spoken to you honestly, go on, traveler,
Lest even while dead I seem loquacious to you.

Last edited by WhoMikeJames; 03-14-2009 at 05:25 PM.

jasonemilio is offline Old 03-14-2009, 05:22 PM   #16
jasonemilio
jasonemilio is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodjasonemilio is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25475
Quote:

Rocket River
I agree. Donte Stallworth has always been a classy and very well spoken guy. He's definitely not the type of person that will do a hit and run then weasel his way out of it like you said.

Go OSU Cowboys!
ORANGE! POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ima_drummer2k
As usual, people here are so quick to judge.

I guess NO ONE here has, in a moment of weakness, molested a farmyard animal. Not even once. In college. After a few too many tequila shots. Yeah, right…

Judge not lest ye be judged yourself.

bigtexxx is offline Old 03-14-2009, 07:06 PM   #17
bigtexxx
Contributing Member
bigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Member: #4585
7am? was he just coming home from the club?

Rocket River is offline Old 03-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #18
Rocket River
Rocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRocket River is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #828
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtexxx
7am? was he just coming home from the club?
would not be the 1st thing I would think of . ..

The article says going to the beach . . .
I know some folx like to run on the beach
some even like to run in the early morning

Rocket River

"Under Ideal circumstances. . . people perform Ideally. . . the measure of a person is how the perform under less than Ideal conditions." - Omen River

I VOTE FOR SAM CASSELL AS THE NEXT ROCKETS COACH!

Adding to may Arya List: Snottie Pippen, CHRIS BISH

bigtexxx is offline Old 03-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #19
bigtexxx
Contributing Member
bigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsbigtexxx is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Member: #4585
Quote:
would not be the 1st thing I would think of . ..

The article says going to the beach . . .
I know some folx like to run on the beach
some even like to run in the early morning

Rocket River
read a little more carefully

he was heading "towards the beach". Not "to the beach"

if you know the Miami area very well, then if you're driving from Miami to the city of Miami Beach, then you're headed "towards the beach".

Shaud is offline Old 03-14-2009, 08:13 PM   #20
Shaud
Shaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30631
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonemilio
I agree. Donte Stallworth has always been a classy and very well spoken guy. He's definitely not the type of person that will do a hit and run then weasel his way out of it like you said.
You can be nice,classy or whatever but if he was drunk which if it was his fault I would guess that is the case.

Seen some article where they said prosecutors are preparing to charge him with DUI.

My twitter