ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

What's Tmac's value right now?
Tags:  adidas, basketball, daryl morey, houston rockets, injury, nba, tracy mcgrady Tags
Da Wink is online now Old 11-20-2008, 07:15 AM   #1
Da Wink
Da Wink is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2002
Member: #3674
We all know that he's declining..but if Morey and Les become fed enough on him, can they get equal value for him? I'm thinking of an exchange equivalent to Billups-Iverson swap..how about for Arenas? both are injury prone guys and adidas endorser of course.. :D

Sponsored Link
northeastfan is offline Old 11-20-2008, 07:17 AM   #2
northeastfan
northeastfan is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Wink
We all know that he's declining..but if Morey and Les become fed enough on him, can they get equal value for him? I'm thinking of an exchange equivalent to Billups-Iverson swap..how about for Arenas? both are injury prone guys and adidas endorser of course.. :D
We might be able to get a Ryan Bowen equivalent for TJack right now.

Shaud is online now Old 11-20-2008, 07:37 AM   #3
Shaud
Shaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereShaud is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30631
Sad thing is some people on here probably would be dumb enough to trade him for Gilbert Arenas.

My twitter

Codman is offline Old 11-20-2008, 07:40 AM   #4
Codman
Contributing Member
Codman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereCodman is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2001
Member: #2698
It doesn't matter what his value is worth. Morey already has said that he isn't trading him. Plus, WHY would you trade him THIS year? We're experimenting with a Tracy-Yao-Ron combination. Trading T-mac would defeat the whole purpose.

Keep the faith. T-mac will return in better form.

-Success trickles down from the top. If your coach's weaknesses begin and end with execution, your players will also fail to know how to win. McHale is a good person, but a terribly-incompetent "coach" for this team.
-My loves: Family. Friends. Rockets (and the true fans; the LOFanclub hurts my stomach). Teaching underprivileged, yet highly-motivated, teenagers. Coaching High School/AAU/GCU ball (We are Division 1 now!)

T_Man is offline Old 11-20-2008, 07:43 AM   #5
T_Man
Contributing Member
T_Man is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodT_Man is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2000
Member: #1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastfan
We might be able to get a Ryan Bowen equivalent for TJack right now.
I see you have a serious hate for T-Mac....

Pippen never won a Championship without Jordan..

Fact..

Jordan never won a Championship without Pippen..

shakegod is offline Old 11-20-2008, 07:53 AM   #6
shakegod
Rookie
shakegod is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codman
It doesn't matter what his value is worth. Morey already has said that he isn't trading him. Plus, WHY would you trade him THIS year? We're experimenting with a Tracy-Yao-Ron combination. Trading T-mac would defeat the whole purpose.

Keep the faith. T-mac will return in better form.
We do need to do is guarantee we can in the playoffs,our 3 best players all have injured,we should keep them healthily before playoff.All 100% healed

eMat is offline Old 11-20-2008, 08:22 AM   #7
eMat
Contributing Member
eMat is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #25958
His value is his expiring contract next year. That's basically it.

DaDakota is offline Old 11-20-2008, 08:26 AM   #8
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #331
What is Tmac's value right now?

Hmmmmm

2 packs of depends
1 box of rit dye
3 bags of roman noodles
2 boxes of Mac and Cheese
1 used AMC Pacer battery

That is about it.

DD

Oski2005 is offline Old 11-20-2008, 08:35 AM   #9
Oski2005
Contributing Member
Oski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2001
Member: #3275
Let his contract expire and go after LeBron or Kevin Durant in 2010.

EssTooKayTD is offline Old 11-20-2008, 08:37 AM   #10
EssTooKayTD
Contributing Member
EssTooKayTD is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodEssTooKayTD is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2005
Member: #16394
You don't even seriously consider that until the last year of his contract...that would be next year I think.

tested911 is offline Old 11-20-2008, 08:46 AM   #11
tested911
tested911 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetested911 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetested911 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9574
2010 2010 2010 2010 2010 2010 2010 2010!!!!!

That is the year I'm waiting for. If Morey doesn't do anything with T-mac (My back) Mcgrady that is fine since were still seeing if we can win it all this year or next.. But man oh man when 2010 is here. We better see Yao and Tracy off the books or signed to tier 2/3 salaries..

If I had to pick a center, I would take Olajuwon and the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile because of what he can give you from that position. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. People don't realize he was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him. - MJ

Solarlijian is offline Old 11-20-2008, 09:07 AM   #12
Solarlijian
Solarlijian is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34192
actully,T-mac'S worth right now is that he can finish the shot which Hamiton can't finish ,another hand ,I think he is the best passer of YAO.
so he is a important role at rox at least now.
Trade the zero hero?
Can he pass ? :D
I am sorry for the Zero's fan!
but I have to talk about the truth that Tmac is really not the tmac 3years before! when he finished a breakthough ,he was always with a horrible cry!
maybe the reason is the .........injury.....s

Faos is offline Old 11-20-2008, 09:07 AM   #13
Faos
Contributing Member
Faos is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodFaos is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2003
Member: #12458

tcadriel is offline Old 11-20-2008, 09:11 AM   #14
tcadriel
tcadriel is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #26284
Whats the value of a former scoring champ that plays with only half a heart?????

Just a average player or two that leaves it all on the court every night would work for me.

Too bad Tracy and JVG weren't on the same boat that left town.

tomjc is offline Old 11-20-2008, 09:17 AM   #15
tomjc
tomjc is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #26266
trade him while he still has value

solid is offline Old 11-20-2008, 09:44 AM   #16
solid
Contributing Member
solid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Apr 2001
Member: #2406
Just don't resign him, that is all I ask at this point.

We have entered a new era of Rocket's basketball; not since the championship years have I been this optimistic. (Correction: the jury is still out) (Update: the jury has been sequestered, this may take a while)

DaDakota is offline Old 11-20-2008, 09:44 AM   #17
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #331
You don't trade him when his value is low.

DD

CheezeyBoy22 is offline Old 11-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #18
CheezeyBoy22
Contributing Member
CheezeyBoy22 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsCheezeyBoy22 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsCheezeyBoy22 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsCheezeyBoy22 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsCheezeyBoy22 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 2005
Member: #16207
T-Mac's value is very low right now. No one is going to take him. The Rockets can only hope that after the All Star break, he will be able to play at a high level. If T-Mac has a great post season this year, he's value will go up. There's going to be teams trying to make a push this offseason with 2010 just coming around the corner.

So when callers call in the show to talk to Morey about trading, he's going to take crazy to you. No way he's going to say anything bad about McGrady. Why drive his stock even lower?

EssTooKayTD is offline Old 11-20-2008, 10:35 AM   #19
EssTooKayTD
Contributing Member
EssTooKayTD is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodEssTooKayTD is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2005
Member: #16394
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezeyBoy22
T-Mac's value is very low right now. No one is going to take him. The Rockets can only hope that after the All Star break, he will be able to play at a high level. If T-Mac has a great post season this year, he's value will go up. There's going to be teams trying to make a push this offseason with 2010 just coming around the corner.

So when callers call in the show to talk to Morey about trading, he's going to take crazy to you. No way he's going to say anything bad about McGrady. Why drive his stock even lower?
I think as someone on the radio mentioned, Les really likes T-Mac. Until Les says he's done with Tracy, I don't think he's going anywhere. For Les, he will probably have to make that decision next year.

Raven is offline Old 11-20-2008, 10:36 AM   #20
Raven
Raven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6153
Sadly, his real value will be as an expiring contract next season. That's a lot of cash to come off the books.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...sg=T+E+X+A+N+S