1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Online radio without Flash?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kaleidosky, Oct 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Anyone know of any online music listening app that doesn't use flash? I can't get flash installed here at my new job...and I can't bring an ipod in. So I'm hoping there's some site out there I don't know about. The alternative is to bring in an old school discman and a bunch of CDs

2. JD2010

JD2010 Member

Music Videos?
    WMP

3. kaleidosky

ok I guess I should have made it clear.. no Flash becuase I can't install it...which means I also don't have the priv's to install any apps like Winamp..

4. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

http://somafm.com/ has streams for windows media player and real player. It's all electronic music, there's probably other sites like that for other genre's.

5. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

radioparadise.com is pretty good. You can use WMP to listen.

6. JD2010

JD2010 Member

WMP- Windows Media Player

as in Music Videos from the artists you listen too in Windows Media Player format.

If you work computer is Microsoft, I believe it should already be installed.

7. JD2010

JD2010 Member

Will their network not allow you to install flash?
    You could always put the installation file on a USB drive or a CD and do it like that.
    Much easier, unless you can get in trouble.

8. kaleidosky

gotcha on WMP, realized that the 2nd time it was mentioned. I guess I was hoping for something more continuous rather than having to keep finding things.

And yeah, network won't allow it.. I can't do what you said, but I could e-mail it to myself. But yeah, I'd get in trouble certainly for installing an app/dling an .exe from my email. They're being a pain...maybe there's no way around this one for once?

9. JD2010

JD2010 Member

Sneak your ipod and rip the songs? :D

10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

11. kaleidosky

haha I'd love to.. but I'd pretty much be putting my job and career in this industry at risk, soooo..not gonna happen ;)

12. kaleidosky

sweet man! These are the first ones that have worked for me on here. I certainly appreciate everyone's help... always rely on clutchfans!

thanks

13. JD2010

JD2010 Member

Hahah, well since your e-mail doesn't allowe sending of .exe files ... what about zip?

zip up some songs lol