1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Live chat with Luis Scola

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by freemaniam, Aug 28, 2008.

1. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I am surprised that Asian lady can speak Spanish so well and she's doing the translation. Also Scola saying thank you in Mandarin...i thought he sounds very authentic. I think Scola is the type of person that can speak well in ANY LANGUAGE!! It's just a matter of learning it. I mean his English was superb!!! No accents whatsoever...and now i heard him speak Mandarin and was shocked he say thank you and something else so well.

3. bewy

bewy Member

Was really excited when i thought i can finally see a scola interview but it ends up being chinese :(

Any translators?

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

My computer video is having problems. When I come back from work I'll try to fix it so I can give it a shot at translating.

5. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

It's in Spanish too. :)

6. bewy

bewy Member

Only spanish I know is "como se jama"

All i know>.<

I took french by the way.

7. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

Moi, aussi.

Anyone have time to translate for us?

8. x3ldonx

x3ldonx Member

Recap of Interview

Cool... Sounds like Scola and Landry get along, they asked Scola who is the funniest in the locker room? He Responded: Carl Landry is pretty Funny, so is Abrooks, Rafer...

He did say T-mac is a little quiet at times, very calm, but is a great person...

Ladies... Luis is taken... they asked who does he message after a game, he said it depends, sometimes he is texting his "mujer" (women) whether or not they will have dinner... Side Note he has kids too... Dude, I didnt know he was that settled, pretty cool that he can have so much energy for a team that is not in his country.

Cool, he calls Yao... Shao... probably mispronunciation, but its pretty often... I think its the Argentinan accent, he says shegamos and what he is saying is llegamos (two LL's is pronounced y)...

Bascially he is saying samething everyone is, "we have great talent, what matters is constructing a great team, which is not difficult and will take time"

They asked him if he thinks Landry will be leaving? He responds: "I don't know, haven't spoken to the rockets org. in a while"

They asked: do you feel that you entered the NBA at a late age? Scola: "Things happen for a reason, I would have liked to enter much earlier, but I have no control over their decision."

Q:Do you like playing for Rockets?

Scola: I love playing for the Rockets, I was surprised when I was signed.

Q:Artest might take your position, how do you feel?
    Scola: I intend to play my best whether it is with him, off the bench, what matters is winning.

Q:What about the rumors saying you weren't sure about Artest?

Scola: Those are rumors, he didnt contact me and speak to me, no one knows anything because I wasn't contacted, I did not say anything in regards to the rumors of Artest

Q:How do you feel about other playings taking your shine?

Scola: when I came to the Rockets I knew I would be playing with great players, so I am not surprised I just look to play my best.

9. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

A brief summary of the interview. Doesn't have the time or skills of Pryuen. :) Excuse the translation.

He talked about his recent schedule with Anta. He is touring China with Anta and just shot a commercial for them. Talked about his shoe made by Anta, said they were pretty good, light and comfortable. Talked some more about Anta.

Talked about the recent Olympics and the bronze medal he just got. Said it was an unbelievable experience and he is very happy. He felt that he had grown a lot as a bball player since the last Olympics. He also talked about being with his family, hugging his sons after each win. Said it was special that his family could be watching every game and share his happiness.

Said he was surprised by the support of Chinese fans for him. Said it would be an interesting game if Argentina had played China in the quarter finals. He felt Yao Ming was in good condition and close to NBA form.

Talked about he and his family's trip in China, said it was an wonderful experience.

Talked about his blog on a Chinese site.

Said Alston, Brooks and Landry were the funny guys in the locker-room.

Said he was surprised when the news came that Artest was coming to Houston, but he was very happy because Artest was a very good player.

He felt that the Rockets next season has a better shot at the Championship with a strong team. Thinks Artest will help the Rockets a lot.

He had no idea about the Landry situation, hadn't talked to anyone about it. He thinks Landry has a lot of potential.

He had hoped to come to the NBA earlier, but circumstances were not really under his control. He is very happy that he had finally come to the NBA. Was surprised when he first learned that he was traded to the Rockets, but happy to be on a good team and playing together with Yao.

His role and playing style would surely be different on the Rockets compared to Argentina, but there won't be too much change. He didn't know about his role during next seasons games, but will try his best with whatever role assigned to him.

Said no European team had contacted him about returning to Europe, it was just rumors.

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Thanks, guys.

11. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

There was a part that was funny. The host asked Scola what kinds of things did he and Yao talk about last season. Scola said one of the things they talked about was the Olympics. He started to say that he and Yao probably wouldn't be talking about it anymore from a competition standpoint but corrected himself and smirked that he will be talking about it a little while longer.

12. ucsd

ucsd Rookie

why don't they just ask him in English?

13. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

??? Because they're Chinese and he's Argentinian? I think that might have something to do with it.

14. inwowma

inwowma Member

-_-! Chinese communicate with Argentine, why introduce English to make things complicated? A lot of Chinese can say Spanish.

15. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

nice read. thanks :)

16. yamazaki

yamazaki Member

17. Stilldream'n34

Steve looks tired and maybe even sick. Maybe it's just the ten pounds he lost but I don't know, I guess this is a morning interview because he looks out of it.
    At least we know he is in shape and rehabbing hard, and hoping to be a part of the rotation next season.

18. Seth

Seth Member

I just hope that if Scola outperforms any player during certain game or part of the season Adelman has the guts to say "we are going to Luis", I don´t want players jacking up shots just because they are franchise players in detriment of the team chances to win, and i think that when Scola is hot he can take over a game and this has to be used.

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

20. Stilldream'n34

This was a great find, thank you.
    Scola has a great personality and really expresses himself well.
    They ask him for some some off the court and on the road type stories, which I always like to hear. He is in China doing promotional work for Anta shoes. Scola is the first athlete to endorse Anta at an olympics and he says he is extremely honored.