1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3-Team Trade (Cleveland, Milwaukee, OKC)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Aug 13, 2008.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/26919019.html

2. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

I think Cavs would have been better off with Ridnour, instead of Mo Williams.

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Cavs will still suck probably. Good trade for Sonics, Er... OKC.

I find it extremely hard to picture this "OKC" team. So I have to think of the Sonics.

4. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

The crap carousel spins 'round and 'round...

5. Why So Serious?

Lol @ Mo Williams been a top-level point guard.

Why would they want a shoot first PG to share the ball with Lebron?

6. snc

snc Member

The eastern conference is so damn funny to me

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Bye bye Delonte.

8. x3ldonx

x3ldonx Member

I like this trade... Makes Cavs look desperate for a PG. Even though I think Dwest is pretty good.

9. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

I'm guessing OKC just did the trade to get Desmond Mason since he was such a crowd favorite when he played there with the Hornets. (he went to OSU)

10. magnum_pro

magnum_pro Rookie

Mo Williams is kind of an upgraded Delonte. I think those type of guys fit best with Lebron because they can really shoot, and they really aren't called upon to make plays for others because that's what Lebron will do. Good deal for the Cavs, Mo is only 25. Smith is a loss for them, he was a decent offensive player in the post and on the perimeter,at low cost.

Decent deal for Bucks, Ramon Sessions was crazy down the stretch last year so they clear space for him, and for Jefferson.

OKC... they're still looking for cap space I guess, but who the hell is going to sign there?

11. Tornadoofsoul6

If Cleveland does something like a S&T West, 1st rounder or Hickson for S&T JR Smith, they'd be set.

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

anybody find it ironic that Desmond Mason played for Seattle/Oklahoma City/New Orleans?

probably the only player that has played for 2 franchises that had 2 different locations, heh

it even got me confused for a moment thinking he was going back to the Hornets, but its the "Sonics", his original team.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

they would've been paying watson and ridnour $6m each for two more years just to backup westbrook. watson was also complaining about his minutes.

14. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

As a result, Ramon Sessions is gonna have a break out year.

He went for 20pts, 24 asts, 8 rebs, and had a block and a steal in a game late last year versus the Bulls.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Kind of funny that Damon Jones was on 1st and 10 debating with Skip Bayless and when they asked him about the Cavs not making moves in the off-season he said that the Cavs would make one very soon. Well it was him lol.

16. magnum_pro

magnum_pro Rookie

That's true, good point. I guess they get Smith also, who helps them on the front line, and the crowd-pleaser mason, so it's not a bad trade for them.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Mo Williams' 3-point FG% and overall FG% numbers from last year are darn impressive.

Rockets could have definitely used those numbers.

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I really like williams in cleveland. He's a deadly mid range shooter, can get to the rim, plus he doesn't need lebron to set him up. He's only 25 so he's still getting better. I would like to see if the Cavs would sign and trade West for Rafer.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I kinda agree with you. Mo Williams can be a secondary scorer for them.Big Z can't do the job anymore. Lebron will make plays but if he doesn't get the ball enough to score,he will get pissed off with him. Mo can catch and shoot but he needs to create his shot to be most effective.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I. WANT. DE...LONTE!