1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RealGM] Houston Draft Preview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shroopy2, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Just to see what other people are saying
    Half the streak was without Yao not the majority. Chuck Hayes was a free agent, not a 2nd round pick. And you can't hope for Mutombo to retire after he's already said he's coming back?

Other than that its basic stuff. COULD use another big man behind Yao who can play more than 15 minutes a game.

2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Tmac + our pick for Rasheed straight up? lol

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Man,this guy sounds similar to the Rockets Guy from Hoopsworld. CDR might be able to help us as a role player but moving Tracy McGrady for a "delicious" package around Rasheed Wallace makes no sense. McGrady has his faults but Sheed is getting older and more ineffective day by day.

4. A.J.

A.J. Member

I want CDR more than anything

5. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Write him a love letter! :D

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I'm starting to really think Morey is targeting Batum in a trade up. Last year we found out after the fact that Morey was trying to trade to get Rudy Fernandez - before the draft, we didn't hear anything about him from the Rockets side. I think Batum might be this year's Fernandez. I just hope we can land him.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

As good as Morey is at judging talent I don't think he is going to get another Landry caliber player with the 25th pick. Somebody from the starting lineup is going to get moved in a package that brings in a legit SG/SF who is capable of giving this team an efficient 15 ppg and who is capable of 25-30 on any given night.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

realgm is good for its wiretap.

other than that, the original writing sucks. it's usually uninformed and opinionated.

9. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Are we overplaying Morey's drafting ability? Im not too sure but wasnt last year's draft his first... he could have been lucky with Landry for all we know.

10. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

This time of the year is for stupid suggestions! Get all off your chest and out of your minds! :p

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

okay I said I wouldnt make a thread to complain, but
    He did say a package "centered around" Rasheed, meaning Rasheed + someone else comparable or lessser (Tayshaun Prince?), in addition to drafting CDR....

...So a #25 pick in the draft makes Tracy freakin McGrady EXPENDABLE? That deal better be SUPER "delicious" with extra seasoning to make that happen. Drafting Luther Head, Aaron Brooks and Carl Landry enable it where we can move Yao for a "tasty" deal now...

I'm behind on draft prospect coverage, was wondering if the other names besides Batum or Douglas-Roberts were decent?

12. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Jason Thompson looks interesting but im starting to lean toward rush or cdr myself

or oj mayo lol

13. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

I would love to see the name "Douglas-Roberts" fit on the back of the Rockets jersey haha.

14. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I was saying it was a dumb suggestion .. which is why i said lol

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I don't think we would have to trade up. ESPN's last 3 mock drafts have us picking up Batum at 25.

Recently he had to cancel a workout due to heart problems, so I dont think his draft stock is going up.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he'll be way gone before its our turn to draft.

17. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

CDR will not be gone and Batum is a much better player. He can score, jump, and play defense. CDR can well just score

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

doubt it...hes so skinny...and theres lots of bigger men who are better than him and size always means they'll be ahead of where they'd normally be.

I want us to pick up Richard Hendrix in the 2nd round, by trade, cash, whatever, but he is probably the next Carl Landry...

Steve Novak + Cash for Richard Hendrix

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I just saw that.. that might make me waver on my desire as well. Maybe we can buy him in the 2nd round like Landry.

20. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Well, the Rockets could really use a young, talented, athletic, versatile scoring threat from the wing position, but who would fit that description perfectly? Hmmmm…Rudy Gay?

Every time I see that assessment in RealGM or anywhere else, I become nauseated. RG would have been in his third year with the Rockets this year -- win now anybody?