1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you do it?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Jun 3, 2008.

?

Do you trade McGrady for Sheed and Prince

Poll closed Jun 17, 2008.
  1. yes

83 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. no

177 vote(s)
    68.1%
  1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

2. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

If we could somehow acquire another scoring threat...yeah...

Yao/Sheed/Prince/Battier...that's one hell of a defensive lineup.

3. poprocks

poprocks Member

As good as Price and Sheed are, I don't think that it's worth giving up T-Mac for.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Now Hayesfan has been corrupted, what is this offseason coming to?

:D

DD

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

no, rasheed is too up and down in his play and we would have no perimeter scoring.

prince and hamilton would be the combo i'd want from detroit.

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

No. T-Mac has earned himself another year with this group. This is his final "real" year on this team. If we fail to advance again he's a $23 million expiring contract the year after.

7. Hayesfan

I know.. I just love the idea of Tayshaun in a Rockets jersey. Even if it meant they would have to deal with Sheed's antics.

There are very few people I would trade Tmac for. I was just curious if this was as tempting to other people as it was to me.

The other person I thought would be good in the deal is Rip. Rip and Tay for Tmac works as well... which may be even a better trade, but I think the Pistons are more likely to try and get rid of Rasheed over Rip.

GMTA... Rip would be who we would want, but I don't know if Dumars is quite that stupid.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

T-Mac provides ballhandling, passing and scoring. He is just an all around playmaker. Watching this team run with just rafer at the helm sends shivers of horror down my spine.

Sheed and Prince, great players, but not fitting our current needs. Sooo, no.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

Now, Rip/Tay could be interesting, but we are still left over without a playmaker.

Billups/Rip would be a no brainer for T-Mac since we are going for Detroit players imo.

10. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

I hate the idea of breaking this team up, but that's certainly an intriguing possibility. Sheed would provide the versatile power forward that would be ideal to play alongside Yao. Tayshaun Prince is an upgrade over Battier in every department. He's an excellent all around player and a reliable shooter. The improvement in the teams shooting ability alone would be huge in this trade.

If you really need that extra scorer, it wasn't that long ago that the Redd for Battier trade thread popped up. If you could pull off both of those deals, the starting lineup could be:

Yao
    Sheed
    Prince
    Redd
    Rafer

Scola and Landry give depth up front....

That is a team that other teams would have to be terrified of matching up with.

Rasheed is getting a little old, but he's still productive. He relies on his size and skill a lot more than athleticism. And, I think he only has one more year on his current contract.

11. abc2007

abc2007 Member

You want to trade our only playmaker away? :mad:

12. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Gotta have Billups if you're trading McGrady.

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

GUARD ROTATION:
    Rafer Alston
    Luther head

off bench: Bobby Jackson, Aaron Brooks, Francis?

This a trade that might immediately make both teams worse. You will never see a championship contender with a guard rotation this bad. You rarely see one as bad as the one we already have.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Hamilton plus Billups trade was the only one which made sense but I would have to think really hard about that as well.

15. sook

sook Rookie

too bad we have an offensive minded coach..rofl

16. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

if anyone gets traded from the pistons it will probably be billups and rasheed, both of whom fit our 2 biggest weaknesses. problem is getting them will almost definitely require a 3rd team who would give up good talent in exchange for draft picks from us and expiring contracts (memphis???)...

HTML:
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080603/SPORTS03/80603127

17. ibm

ibm Member

not sure about this. both went mia in the efc series.

a prince-hamilton trade will be a sure thing.

18. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I'm a big fan of Prince, Hamilton and Billups. Sheed's kind of moody though.

If the Pistons really are serious about putting their entire lineup on the trading block I say get what you can.

19. Hayesfan

Wow... that article said exactly what I was thinking.

I follow the Pistons some, mainly because of Tayshaun and I can get floor seat tickets at the Palace.

The biggest problem in Detroit is the lack of a real leader on the team. Not that Tmac would necessarily fit that role. But they have a bunch of team players and Rasheed stepping up as the leader isn't necessarily a good thing.

Dyess stepped up a bit more this year as the leader but the rest of the team didn't necessarily respond.

Tay's defense is still one of the best, but he, even more so than Shane, doesn't cut as hard or work as hard on offense when he has a tough defensive assignment.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If Rockets make this trade, they will be go from having 1 player who can consistently create for himself and his teammates in playoffs to 0 player who can do the same. Rockets will also lose a closer.

Rasheed Wallace and Prince are upgraded versions of role players. Both have failed to show up in playoffs when their team needed them most. If they cant manage in a weak Eastern conference playoffs, I doubt they will fare any better in the West. Both are too inconsistent.

This trade would have been a helluva tempting if Gundy hadn't botched up the Brandon Roy sweepstakes.

A lineup of Roy/Prince/Battier/Wallace/Yao could have been damaging.

Once again, thanks Gundy. :p