ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Sports > Other Sports

Hannah Storm to join ESPN SportsCenter
Tags:  baseball, cnn, espn, hannah storm, nba, nbc, new york, new york city, television Tags
Nice Rollin is offline Old 05-14-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
Nice Rollin
Contributing Member
Nice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #17539
I dont think ive seen her since NBA on NBC. Damn, she looks different too. She had some work done

Hannah Storm to become new host for ESPN's morning SportsCenter
In a reshaping of the network's signature show, Hannah Storm is joining ESPN as the co-anchor of a new SportsCenter morning edition, SI.com has learned. The formal announcement is expected to come Tuesday morning in New York City at ESPN's upfront presentation -- the annual May event in which giddy television executives unveil to advertisers its future programming plans. Two additional extended morning SportsCenters are expected to follow the Storm-fronted show. "We're declining comment," said ESPN spokesperson Mike Soltys on Saturday.

Interestingly, the revamped SportsCenters will compete against the ESPN2 morning block of Mike & Mike In the Morning and First Take. Storm is expected to start sometime in the next couple of months. Emails to Storm's agent, Jim Griffin, were not immediately returned.

Storm, 45, has deep roots in sports. She became the first female sports anchor at CNN in 1989 before moving to NBC Sports in 1992, where she worked for a decade. During her tenure at NBC, Storm anchored part of the network's Olympic coverage, as well as served as a pregame host for the NBA and Major League Baseball. She later moved to CBS to co-anchor the network's The Early Show, a position she held for five years before the network made a staffing change last December. Her CBS contract expired this month.

Storm is married to the NBC sportscaster Dan Hicks. The pair have three daughters and live in Connecticut

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...spn/index.html

Last edited by Nice Rollin; 05-14-2008 at 09:08 PM.

Sponsored Link
Asian Sensation is offline Old 05-14-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
Asian Sensation
Asian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #924
I love me some Hannah Storm.

swish the picante sauce around in your mouth for a while (and nibble on the picante bits)
Da'Rel Morry is the greatest.

bladeage is offline Old 05-14-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
bladeage
Contributing Member
bladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2005
Member: #16175
When Hannah Montana joins, then call me.

Dookie Sandwich - "They put kit kats and pickles up my butt"

Carl Herrera - "..cocks are food"

Mazyar - "I think Nelly is a pretty good rapper."

hkcosser - "Stop your foolish mind you, do not stare at Ron."

TMac640 is offline Old 05-14-2008, 09:27 PM   #4
TMac640
Contributing Member
TMac640 is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Jan 2005
Member: #16075
Throw some D's on it!

v3.0 is offline Old 05-14-2008, 09:31 PM   #5
v3.0
Contributing Member
v3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jan 2005
Member: #16081
old schoolers will remember that she did the Rockets half time and post game shows during the twin towers era

wonder if Worrell put the moves on her back then

bronxfan is offline Old 05-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #6
bronxfan
Contributing Member
bronxfan is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2000
Member: #1318
I feel old... I remember when she did the rockets halftime show.. back in the early 80's...

bronxfan is offline Old 05-14-2008, 09:34 PM   #7
bronxfan
Contributing Member
bronxfan is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2000
Member: #1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3.0
old schoolers will remember that she did the Rockets half time and post game shows during the twin towers era

beat me by a few minutes

Kim is offline Old 05-14-2008, 09:39 PM   #8
Kim
Contributing Member
Kim is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKim is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKim is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKim is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKim is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKim is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #186
Isn't SportsCenter going live for like 9 hours a day? I think that's what it is. I really hope they're going to be much more in depth in other sports besides football.

ROXRAN is offline Old 05-14-2008, 09:39 PM   #9
ROXRAN
Contributing Member
ROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the pointsROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the pointsROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the pointsROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the pointsROXRAN is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2000
Member: #1945
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeage
When Hannah Montana joins, then call me.
LOL.....

Nice Rollin is offline Old 05-14-2008, 09:43 PM   #10
Nice Rollin
Contributing Member
Nice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNice Rollin is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #17539
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3.0

really

im a yougin. I just remember Bruce Geitsen (sp)

ferrari77 is offline Old 05-14-2008, 10:05 PM   #11
ferrari77
Contributing Member
ferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18204
let me know when Summer Sanders returns to tv.

Kam is offline Old 05-14-2008, 10:06 PM   #12
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
yeah, shes from the Houston area. She worked at KPRC and stuff.

Remember that show on Nick called Figure it Out?

The only damn reason to watch that show was Summer Sanders.

And Nickelodean Guts. That ref was HOT.

‹^›ςΏσ‹^›

FranchiseBlade is offline Old 05-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #13
FranchiseBlade
Contributing Member
FranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemFranchiseBlade is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3415
I always wanted to marry her, and have her calling basketball play by play, while I played nerf basketball in our room. That would have been the basis for a great marriage.

I would have accepted her as she was and she wouldn't have had to have the plastic surgery and mutate her face. She made a horrible mistake.

Give us iron give us rope

percicles is offline Old 05-14-2008, 10:15 PM   #14
percicles
Contributing Member
percicles is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempercicles is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempercicles is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempercicles is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempercicles is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempercicles is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempercicles is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempercicles is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempercicles is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempercicles is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4461
I'd still hit it.

Angkor Wat is offline Old 05-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #15
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24006
HTOWN STAND UP!!

codell is offline Old 05-14-2008, 10:26 PM   #16
codell
Contributing Member
codell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6886
what ever happened to McCoy McClemore?

Ziggy is offline Old 05-14-2008, 10:26 PM   #17
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Ziggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #543
I like her. She reminds me of the good ole days when Hakeem was brining in the rings.

Smeg's Fantasy Football Coach of the Year 2013

dsnow23 is offline Old 05-14-2008, 10:48 PM   #18
dsnow23
Contributing Member
dsnow23 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5345
ESPN2 needs to do something other than First Take in that slot. It was nice they finally got rid of Woody, but Skip is still there. Why does every point made need to be debated. I'm tired of that format.

Hopefully Hannah will work out for Sports Center.

stipendlax is offline Old 05-14-2008, 10:54 PM   #19
stipendlax
stipendlax is Omer Asik -- working the boardsstipendlax is Omer Asik -- working the boardsstipendlax is Omer Asik -- working the boardsstipendlax is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30709
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnow23
ESPN2 needs to do something other than First Take in that slot. It was nice they finally got rid of Woody, but Skip is still there. Why does every point made need to be debated. I'm tired of that format.

Hopefully Hannah will work out for Sports Center.
What you got against Woody?

I like Woody...

Cannonball is offline Old 05-14-2008, 10:54 PM   #20
Cannonball
Contributing Member
Cannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19677
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnow23
Or maybe they can just show it once instead of twice. As it stands now, 1st and 10 is on 3 times during the day (the original First Take airing, the replay, and condensed version on ESPN). I'd rather them replay Mike and Mike than First Take.