ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Rockets-Blazers Series Preview with Adam Wexler

Go Back   ClutchFans > Hangout > BBS Hangout

My dog's eye has turned red.
Rokkit is offline Old 05-13-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
Rokkit
Contributing Member
Rokkit is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRokkit is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRokkit is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRokkit is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRokkit is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #120
Already made an appointment for the vet tomorrow, but when my wife got home today she noticed that my dog's left eye was like a cloudy red. You can barely see any of the white of his eye (it's all kind of bloodshot). It's only happening to that one eye.

Anyone ever come across anything like that? I've already googled but the info that's out there is pretty general.

Thought I'd see if any BBS pet owners have any information.

Sponsored Link
yuantian is offline Old 05-13-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
yuantian
Contributing Member
yuantian is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2005
Member: #16325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokkit
Already made an appointment for the vet tomorrow, but when my wife got home today she noticed that my dog's left eye was like a cloudy red. You can barely see any of the white of his eye (it's all kind of bloodshot). It's only happening to that one eye.

Anyone ever come across anything like that? I've already googled but the info that's out there is pretty general.

Thought I'd see if any BBS pet owners have any information.
did someone kick him in the eyeball? or did he run into something? maybe he scratched it really bad. my eyes get that red when those things happen. :D

Lil Pun is offline Old 05-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
Lil Pun
Contributing Member
Lil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #827
Cherry eye maybe?

JPM0016 is offline Old 05-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #4
JPM0016
Contributing Member
JPM0016 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2003
Member: #12268
About 2 years ago my dog had a red eye. Took him to the vet and they said he had a scratch on his eyeball. They gave us drops and put him in one of those protective lamp shade looking hats so he couldn't mess with it. Within a week he was back to normal.

kokopuffs is offline Old 05-13-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
kokopuffs
kokopuffs is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2006
Member: #20290
maybe someone replaced him with a robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker
you won, now go away.

Today, 11:37 AM

bladeage is offline Old 05-14-2008, 07:01 AM   #6
bladeage
Contributing Member
bladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boardsbladeage is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2005
Member: #16175
My dog's eyes get red at times but the vet said its due to allergies. She will sit there and rub her eyes for a couple minutes. Or rub her face on her bed.

Dookie Sandwich - "They put kit kats and pickles up my butt"

Carl Herrera - "..cocks are food"

Mazyar - "I think Nelly is a pretty good rapper."

hkcosser - "Stop your foolish mind you, do not stare at Ron."

UTweezer is offline Old 05-14-2008, 08:23 AM   #7
UTweezer
Contributing Member
UTweezer is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3535
do you see any marks around the cornea? Is there a milky spot? If so it's a corneal ulcer and needs to be attended to ASAP.

Rivaldo2181 is offline Old 05-14-2008, 08:57 AM   #8
Rivaldo2181
Contributing Member
Rivaldo2181 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2003
Member: #12426
dip a napcan in some cool black tea and rub it on/around the eye....worked for my dog (probably infected). Won't hurt to take him/her to the vet though.

Good luck

How to play the beautiful game

Hayesfan is offline Old 05-14-2008, 08:59 AM   #9
Hayesfan
Contributing Member
Hayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20409
Hope your dog is okay!

Let us know what the vet says.

no_answer is offline Old 05-14-2008, 09:08 AM   #10
no_answer
no_answer is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #10856
Someone farted on his pillow.

OrangeRowdy95 is offline Old 05-14-2008, 10:13 AM   #11
OrangeRowdy95
Contributing Member
OrangeRowdy95 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24395
My friend had a ridiculous red eye last week. It was a result of lack of sleep and vessels popping. He's an architecture student, and he was in the thick of the end of the school year, so he didn't sleep the last week of classes. His right eye was completely red. It looked like there was blood pouring from it. Crazy thing is he didn't feel a thing and it didn't affect him. The nurses gave him some drops and the eye healed itself within a week.

Lady_Di is offline Old 05-14-2008, 10:19 AM   #12
Lady_Di
Contributing Member
Lady_Di is James Harden -- racking up the pointsLady_Di is James Harden -- racking up the pointsLady_Di is James Harden -- racking up the pointsLady_Di is James Harden -- racking up the pointsLady_Di is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Apr 2007
Member: #21241
Something could have hit him in the eye.

My dog had a freak accident to his eye a long time ago. My dad was mowing the yard and my dog was nearby. A rock ricocheted off the lawnmower and hit him in the eye. We took him to the animal hospital and he needed a surgery to fix his eye or he would lose his eye. Needless to say, he had the surgery and his eye is completely fine now. Poor Polo.

Hippieloser is offline Old 05-14-2008, 10:46 AM   #13
Hippieloser
Contributing Member
Hippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Member: #11063

Royals Ego is offline Old 05-14-2008, 10:49 AM   #14
Royals Ego
Royals Ego is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRoyals Ego is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRoyals Ego is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRoyals Ego is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26419
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_answer
Someone farted on his pillow.
Is that a reference to Knocked Up? haha brilliant

no_answer is offline Old 05-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #15
no_answer
no_answer is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #10856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals Ego
Is that a reference to Knocked Up? haha brilliant
Yes it is.

ClutchCityReturns is offline Old 05-14-2008, 11:18 AM   #16
ClutchCityReturns
Contributing Member
ClutchCityReturns is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchClutchCityReturns is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchClutchCityReturns is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchClutchCityReturns is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchClutchCityReturns is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchClutchCityReturns is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchClutchCityReturns is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchClutchCityReturns is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchClutchCityReturns is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Apr 2005
Member: #16162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivaldo2181
dip a napcan
LOL...sorry, I don't mean to pick on people's spelling, but...napcan?!

It's always funny to me how message boards expose the words/phrases that people have been misspelling/mis-speaking their entire lives.

I can't believe how many times I've seen "mine as well" instead of "might as well". That one baffles me.

SwoLy-D is offline Old 05-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #17
SwoLy-D
Contributing Member
SwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jul 2001
Member: #2873
no_answer: now THAT's how you get PINK-eye.

This came to mind:

^ did that dude ever do anything for his pink eye problem? Guess when life gives you lemons...

I hope your doggy gets better, Rokkit. If there was ANYTHING I could say to your dog, it would probably be "arf! Rrrr-arf! Arf! Bark! Bark! *whimper* *whimper* Arf. [Pant. Pant]"

jasonemilio is offline Old 05-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #18
jasonemilio
jasonemilio is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodjasonemilio is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25475
Watch out, it might be turning into a zombie.

Go OSU Cowboys!
ORANGE! POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ima_drummer2k
As usual, people here are so quick to judge.

I guess NO ONE here has, in a moment of weakness, molested a farmyard animal. Not even once. In college. After a few too many tequila shots. Yeah, right…

Judge not lest ye be judged yourself.

tomato is offline Old 05-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #19
tomato
tomato is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetomato is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetomato is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24178

Jazzfans

HARDEN? DON'T MIND IF I DO

Invisible Fan is offline Old 05-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #20
Invisible Fan
Contributing Member
Invisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemInvisible Fan is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2001
Member: #3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
LOL...sorry, I don't mean to pick on people's spelling, but...napcan?!

It's always funny to me how message boards expose the words/phrases that people have been misspelling/mis-speaking their entire lives.

I can't believe how many times I've seen "mine as well" instead of "might as well". That one baffles me.
Ohhhh. I thought napcan was some kind of dog medicine.