1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terence Morris - 2nd time a charm?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by richirich, May 4, 2008.

1. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Terence is 6-9, playing for Macabi Elite in the Euro championships. Scola averaged 15 and 6 last year in the Euros, Terence is averaging over 12 pt and 8.4 rbs in 30 minutes.

Would he fit in a PF/SF slot and is his style a good match? Like Scola he would not be a real rookie.

Can we sign him - is he available?

Also is there a good Euro center we can sign?

2. Petravark

Petravark Member

Terrence Morris was "serviceable" at best. Infact...the only thing good about him was that badass tattoo he has. Euroleauge stats mean little...Tony Parker was marginal at best in the Euro but he is torching us Americans here....Morris didnt make the cut in his years here and he definitely wont make the cut again. No thanks.

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

from what i remember Terence Morris was a foward who relied mostly on atheleticism and height advantages. He was a decent shooter also but those guys seem to work out well in international basketball, probably the reason melo has become probably the best player in international competitions.

I would have to see if he has developed alot more skills but i wouldn't give his international stats too much thought, if he isn't dominating.

4. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Let's give Serge Zwikker another shot while we're at it.

5. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

What I remember of Morris was that he has a freakish NBA body but no heart. He plays with no passion.

Luis Scola has limitted athletic ability but plays with a giant heart.

Plus he is not a PF, he's a SF. We already have TMac and Battier and Novak (who obviously needs more playing time next season).

No thanks on Morris.

6. Asian Sensation

All I remember about Terrence Morris is that he had a brief job in the NBA thanks to Steve Francis.

7. alaskansnowman

T-Mo's story is one of the more perplexing ones I've come across. At one point (I believe his soph season at Maryland), he was widely considered as a sure-fire lottery pick. Fast forward one more year and he drops down to 2nd round.

From watching him play with the Rockets, I did like the guy. I remember Bill & Calvin would praise him for his "all-around" game in that he did a little bit of everything. He also had a good NBA body. I think the problem was his shot was little mediocre and I guess he lacked "heart."

8. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

the last thing we need is another undersized powerforward that gets their points on pure hustle. we have three of these on the roster. time to spend money on a pure athlete.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

If this team is going to get out the 1st round and do damage after that we need proven players. People keep naming Loren Woods, now Terence Morris, those players aren't going to cut it if we are trying to become serious contenders.

10. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

TMo sucked. He had VERY limited range, and was not skilled enough in other areas to make up for it. I doubt he ever makes another NBA roster.

12. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

13. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I saw this guy play basketball a few times at the gym last summer in Houston. They don't play competitive so I can't judge, and I won't :)

But you should've seen the smile he had when I knew who he was.

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

He's just typical 6'-8" roster filler, nothing more. And no heart. He has 1/4 the heart of McGrady.

Mike Harris lent more to the team in 5 games than Terence Morris in a full season.

15. rocketsfaninsa

oh my god there's a name i thought would be lost forever...and should have been.

16. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

17. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

And here I thought I was the only one who remembered him.

18. luisantonio1014

I remember when he played Cat and Franchise, and Kelvin Cato. They were fun to watch, but they lost a lot. I heard he's doing real well. He's got a lot of videos on youtube.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Welcome to GARM: The Off Season

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Actually morris played ok when rudy got off glen rice jock. Whenever rice was out, morris played and played ok. When Rice would come back, morris wouldnt get any run.