1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who knows Where is Gerald Green?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Megatron, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Megatron

Megatron New Member

:confused: Gerald Green disappeared after the game vs Wizzards.
    Does he have an injury or other problem? I hope to see his bloody dunks over Tyson Chandler, David West and Chris Paul.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He's on the bench in street clothes. We didn't bring him in to play him in games. It's solely to get a free look at him in practice. He isn't ready to be a contributor to a winning team yet.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Its called being inactive. He's there in street clothes and Bobby Jones was active.

Edit: Darn I was a second too late!! :)

4. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

I'd rather have him in than Bobby Jones at the end. Bobby Jones isn't going to be here long, but I think Gerald Green is.

5. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

Adelman probably saw his haircut :eek: :eek: ...then immediately put him on the inactive list

6. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

Green is learning ,he is one of our secret weapon :D :D :D

7. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Gerald Green is a no defense scrub who cant shoot....im sorry but thats the truth......right now at least.

^^^i hope thats a clutchfans classic moment

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

9. Megatron

Megatron New Member

Wish that he is a secret weapon

10. poprocks

poprocks Member

Morey might be sending him down to D-league. Scouting report on Gerald Green.

Here's an anonymous NBA scout, as quoted by Sam Amico of Pro Basketball News:http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop...er-and-Gerald-Green-Can-t-Play.html?post=true

“[Martell Webster] may have been the worst pick in the entire draft last year and [Gerald] Green wasn’t far behind.” He continued, “Both are millenniums away from contributing at this level. If they had played in college this (past) season, everyone would have seen that. That’s why teams should be able to save money now that kids can‘t enter the league out of high school. Teams will no longer be paying guys who couldn’t play for most Division I programs.”
    He adds that if Webster and Green had gone to college, neither would have been drafted in 2006.

I sure hope they are wrong.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I already told ya. Green was a smokescreen to downplay the BJackson salary dump trade that pissed everyone off so much. Green won't be a Rocket next year. Green seems like the kind of player MJ would sign.

12. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Heh. That scout should totally not be fired.

Martell Webster
    10.1 PPG
    3.90 RPG
    1.2 APG

13. tracymcgrady001

We are trying out Bobby Jones, and we have to keep him inactive in order for Bobby to play. Next is Justin Williams now, so I think Gerald will stay inactive.

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

That was in 2006. Martell Webster's made himself into a semi serviceable NBA player who starts for his team. Same still can't be said about Green, though...

15. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

IMHO - I've watched Gerald Green play against Rashard Lewis, Sam Cassell, Steve Franchise, Mike James, Ron Artest, and other overseas players and hold his own during the summer league.

As we say about the Rockets, stop getting your news from media dude. I challenge all of you to come to Fonde and watch the dude play. He has very good jumper and ultra quick first step.

He reminds you of a young McLady, however, no one coach has force him to play D. That's only way McLady got in the game while in Toronto. He didn't develop into Tmac until the Orlando years and that was 3 years after being in the league.

Once the kid learns how to play D, he's going to be a solid contributor. I also Tmac likes the athleticism he brings.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

SheMac sounds better than McLady btw

17. cheeseburger34

on the bench where he belongs for right now.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Green wasn't brought here to fill Bonzi's role or to get lots of playing time. They wanted to move Snyder and found Green for him. Morey already stated that they're using the rest of the season to evaluate Green and will re-sign him if they think they can use him. And yes, they will bring him back.

People are writing him off and they haven't even seen him play. He can shoot the ball, he has a very nice form. At this stage, its more of a confidence issue when him making shots, just like most young guys. No defense is correct but he has all the tools to be a good defender. Only been in the NBA for a couple years so he has lots of room to improve his game. Fans also seem to forget that Morey was in Boston when they drafted Green. The last time fans disliked a Morey move (brooks/landry), the player turned out pretty damn good. This is going to be just like that, just wait and see. Believe in Morey! He knows more about this kid than any of us.

19. landryfans

landryfans Member

Why in street clothes? I thought dnp player have to be in suit, isn't it against rules? :confused:

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

A suit is "street-clothes". He was not in a uniform, k.

He was dressed per the NBA dress code.