1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac's Guide to All-Star Game Hooky

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HipHopSince1981, Feb 13, 2008.

1. HipHopSince1981

safe to say, the guy is not a T-Mac fan.. personally, I dont mind one bit, rest up T-Mac and lets keep this win streak going :)

LINK

2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Haha, funny article

Let him rest

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am glad he is resting, but I would also not be surprised if the league did exactly what he is saying.

DD

4. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

LOL rest his vagina knee.... hahaha

but whatever, All-Star game is a joke anyways and if I was a 11 year veteran baller (who has scored 13 points in 35 seconds) from a team trying to make a deep playoff run with a bum knee and bad back, I'd take any chance I could to chill out in my mansion with my wife and two kids... I might even fire up the 8 foot projection theater screen, kick up my feet on my Italian leather ottoman and watch 300 a few times, except I'd just fall asleep about 5 minutes into it.

Tmac > New Orleans

Yeah thats right...

Tracy needs his rest, so what. Have fun running a gunning AI, maybe if you try hard enough, you can be All-Star MVP again!!! YAY!!!! BFD

5. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I wish Yao would rest during that weekend too.. argh!

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if you really think AI passed him in votes, you must be delusional.

do u know what kind of pressure stern and the NBA would be under had they left of some deserving players?

tmac didn't deserve it. go home and rest up. get ready for the stretch run. the team is more important than any individual accolades, esp. for a guy like him who has had so much.

7. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

'Tracy McGrady has a firm grip on the second guard spot in the East'

firm grip on reality ...

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't you think if a guy says he doesn't want to be int he game and doesn't deserve it the fans might vote for someone else?

9. Rowdie Brandon

^^^no, hahaha......I smelled BS as soon as I found out A.I. jumped ahead of Tmac......he made it clear that he didn't want to step foot in N.O. during all-star weekend..........

10. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

oh yeah fyi Tracy and Vince had fam in New Orleans pre-katrina i remember watching a game on NBAtv and they showed something on it...

but either way i wouldnt want to go to new orleans and play in the all star game either... alot of money & celebs in new orleans = shopping spree for the people on powder packs...

vagina knee or not having seen the bad side of new orleans for myself i cant blame Tracy at all

11. Rowdie Brandon

I can......and that powder pack line is just flat out wrong...........athletes can get themselves into trouble almost ANYWHERE they go (just watch the news), t-mac is a lame in more ways than one for not wanting play in N.O.

12. mister pc

mister pc Member

this is dumb, yall think he is scared of New Orleans? TMac wanted to skip the all-star game because he has been there 7 times already and he is injured so the idea of playing in a meaningless game does not appeal to him. This is a good chance for him to get some rest. The Rockets play a road game in New Orleans later this month. I expect Tracy will be there.

13. Rowdie Brandon

i got the sense that tracy was afraid of what could happen during the "festivites" more than anything.....

14. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Right :rolleyes: Just like he was afraid to go to Darfur :rolleyes:

15. mister pc

mister pc Member

yeah thats true. TMac does not smoke or drink, I dont think he enjoys wild parties very much. But it gives a bad impression of New Orleans when people make it sound like he is to scared to set foot in the city. Its really not that bad, I live here in New Orleans and will be checking out the all-star festivities, and I am not the slightest bit scared for my safety.

16. Rowdie Brandon

eventhough you're trying to be funny, just think about it for a second....this guy came out and admitted last season that he was afraid of N.O. security (or lack of) during all-star weekend....all I'm saying is as an athlete or celeb you can run into static anytime you're out mingling with people. Tmac just fell in the trap of thinking N.O. was "worst" than anywhere else, because of all the negative attention it's been getting from the media since katrina. I'm not ignoring crime rates or any of that, but crime happens everywhere.....

I don't know about that, lol....I've heard plenty of stories from legit sources of how t-mac likes to paint the town red.

I hope u enjoy yourself

17. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Now you tell me, since he went to Darfur which is far more dangerous than NO, do you acknowledge that he has matured since then?

18. Rowdie Brandon

^^^^^listen man it came from out of your boyfriends mouth...he said he would be afraid if he had to go to N.O. during all star break...I'm just reporting what he said.................yes when you think about it it's silly, but this is what "he said"..........

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

waambulance ftw.

T-Mac shouldn't be afraid of New Orleans anymore. All their criminals emigrated to Houston!

Ba-dum-cha.. :(

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

trade him to the hornets.