ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal
HipHopSince1981 is offline Old 02-13-2008, 08:21 AM   #1
HipHopSince1981
HipHopSince1981 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2007
Member: #25381
safe to say, the guy is not a T-Mac fan.. personally, I dont mind one bit, rest up T-Mac and lets keep this win streak going

LINK

Quote:
T-Mac's Guide to All-Star Game Hooky
Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Are you wondering exactly why Tracy McGrady was left off the All Star Team? It's not a snub of Manu Ginobili proportions like you might suspect. Snubbed or not, T-Mac had no intention of setting foot in the Big Easy since day one.

Rewind back to 2007. New Orleans was announced as the location for the 2008 ASG, and Tracy McGrady immediately wanted nothing to do with it. And based on the increase in violent crimes in New Orleans and the ****storm surrounding Las Vegas '07, it was somewhat understandable. Whether he watched too many depressing Spike Lee documentaries or had a bad experience with a Frozen Hurricane and a drunk college co-ed we're not sure, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Fast forward to January 2008. The All Star Game is right around the corner, and Tracy McGrady has a firm grip on the second guard spot in the East, with nearly 10% more votes than the third place Allen Iverson. Suddenly McGrady, with his paltry 22 ppg, 5 assists and 5 boards a night, wants to surrender his spot to a more deserving player, which the rules won't allow.

Then, later that same week, T-Mac cites a nagging knee ailment that, although it ain't so bad now, may cause him to shut it down four weeks from now. Despite the fact that, since that debilitating knee ailment occurred, McGrady is still playing 36 minutes a night and has missed only one game (out of 11). And that one game was missed with flu-like symptoms! Something's fishy here.

The NBA heard T-Mac's waambulance and quietly scratched him from the ASG altogether. But don't ever expect them to say that. The official NBA ASG site shows that, over a 10 day period after paper balloting was closed, Allen Iverson mysteriously surged and overcame the 10% deficit and won by a measly 0.9% (10,400 votes). Despite the fact that T-Mac started in 2006 and 2007, the reserve selection committee also took the hint and decided to let Tracy "rest" and ice down his sore vagina knee, ending his seven game All-Star streak and selecting Brandon Roy and David West.

Even though the New Orleans Hornets play in front of dozens of fans every night without altercation, the Big Easy is apparently something to be very, very afraid of. And Tracy McGrady's unnatural phobia of Harry Connick Jr., voodoo parlors and crawfish etouffee has led to one of the great All Star non-appearances in league history.

Sponsored Link
tim562 is offline Old 02-13-2008, 08:30 AM   #2
tim562
Contributing Member
tim562 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodtim562 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2004
Member: #15860
Haha, funny article

Let him rest

"As to Hakeem the Dream Olajuwon, I am not worthy even to tie his shoe laces for him; he is over 40 some years old now; but he is still so quick. That kind of speed, that kind of rhythm, that kind of directional change....to tell you the truth, I don't think I can learn much from him, as I just do not have that kind of speed as the foundation. He has taught me alot of moves, but to me, they seemed just like eye-openers that broaden my horizon." - Yao Ming On Dream

Donate
H E R E

DaDakota is offline Old 02-13-2008, 08:42 AM   #3
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #331
I am glad he is resting, but I would also not be surprised if the league did exactly what he is saying.

DD

Layupdrill is offline Old 02-13-2008, 08:43 AM   #4
Layupdrill
Layupdrill is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #30024
LOL rest his vagina knee.... hahaha

but whatever, All-Star game is a joke anyways and if I was a 11 year veteran baller (who has scored 13 points in 35 seconds) from a team trying to make a deep playoff run with a bum knee and bad back, I'd take any chance I could to chill out in my mansion with my wife and two kids... I might even fire up the 8 foot projection theater screen, kick up my feet on my Italian leather ottoman and watch 300 a few times, except I'd just fall asleep about 5 minutes into it.

Tmac > New Orleans

Yeah thats right...

Tracy needs his rest, so what. Have fun running a gunning AI, maybe if you try hard enough, you can be All-Star MVP again!!! YAY!!!! BFD

crimmy88 is offline Old 02-13-2008, 08:44 AM   #5
crimmy88
crimmy88 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26781
I wish Yao would rest during that weekend too.. argh!

t_mac1 is online now Old 02-13-2008, 08:56 AM   #6
t_mac1
Contributing Member
t_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29872
if you really think AI passed him in votes, you must be delusional.

do u know what kind of pressure stern and the NBA would be under had they left of some deserving players?

tmac didn't deserve it. go home and rest up. get ready for the stretch run. the team is more important than any individual accolades, esp. for a guy like him who has had so much.

ico4498 is offline Old 02-13-2008, 08:58 AM   #7
ico4498
ico4498 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodico4498 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #129
'Tracy McGrady has a firm grip on the second guard spot in the East'

firm grip on reality ...

Sweet Lou 4 2 is offline Old 02-13-2008, 09:20 AM   #8
Sweet Lou 4 2
Contributing Member
Sweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28838
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_mac1
if you really think AI passed him in votes, you must be delusional.

do u know what kind of pressure stern and the NBA would be under had they left of some deserving players?

tmac didn't deserve it. go home and rest up. get ready for the stretch run. the team is more important than any individual accolades, esp. for a guy like him who has had so much.

don't you think if a guy says he doesn't want to be int he game and doesn't deserve it the fans might vote for someone else?

Rowdie Brandon is offline Old 02-13-2008, 09:51 AM   #9
Rowdie Brandon
Rookie
Rowdie Brandon is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24400
^^^no, hahaha......I smelled BS as soon as I found out A.I. jumped ahead of Tmac......he made it clear that he didn't want to step foot in N.O. during all-star weekend..........

Tha TC is offline Old 02-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #10
Tha TC
Tha TC is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18518
oh yeah fyi Tracy and Vince had fam in New Orleans pre-katrina i remember watching a game on NBAtv and they showed something on it...

but either way i wouldnt want to go to new orleans and play in the all star game either... alot of money & celebs in new orleans = shopping spree for the people on powder packs...

vagina knee or not having seen the bad side of new orleans for myself i cant blame Tracy at all

Rowdie Brandon is offline Old 02-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #11
Rowdie Brandon
Rookie
Quote:
but either way i wouldnt want to go to new orleans and play in the all star game either... alot of money & celebs in new orleans = shopping spree for the people on powder packs...

vagina knee or not having seen the bad side of new orleans for myself i cant blame Tracy at all

I can......and that powder pack line is just flat out wrong...........athletes can get themselves into trouble almost ANYWHERE they go (just watch the news), t-mac is a lame in more ways than one for not wanting play in N.O.

mister pc is offline Old 02-13-2008, 10:51 AM   #12
mister pc
mister pc is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24048
this is dumb, yall think he is scared of New Orleans? TMac wanted to skip the all-star game because he has been there 7 times already and he is injured so the idea of playing in a meaningless game does not appeal to him. This is a good chance for him to get some rest. The Rockets play a road game in New Orleans later this month. I expect Tracy will be there.

Rowdie Brandon is offline Old 02-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #13
Rowdie Brandon
Rookie
Quote:
The Rockets play a road game in New Orleans later this month. I expect Tracy will be there.
i got the sense that tracy was afraid of what could happen during the "festivites" more than anything.....

McGradySNKT is offline Old 02-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #14
McGradySNKT
Contributing Member
McGradySNKT is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2005
Member: #16297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdie Brandon
i got the sense that tracy was afraid of what could happen during the "festivites" more than anything.....

Right Just like he was afraid to go to Darfur

mister pc is offline Old 02-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #15
mister pc
mister pc is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24048
Quote:
yeah thats true. TMac does not smoke or drink, I dont think he enjoys wild parties very much. But it gives a bad impression of New Orleans when people make it sound like he is to scared to set foot in the city. Its really not that bad, I live here in New Orleans and will be checking out the all-star festivities, and I am not the slightest bit scared for my safety.

Rowdie Brandon is offline Old 02-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #16
Rowdie Brandon
Rookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGradySNKT
Right Just like he was afraid to go to Darfur

eventhough you're trying to be funny, just think about it for a second....this guy came out and admitted last season that he was afraid of N.O. security (or lack of) during all-star weekend....all I'm saying is as an athlete or celeb you can run into static anytime you're out mingling with people. Tmac just fell in the trap of thinking N.O. was "worst" than anywhere else, because of all the negative attention it's been getting from the media since katrina. I'm not ignoring crime rates or any of that, but crime happens everywhere.....

Quote:
I dont think he enjoys wild parties very much.
I don't know about that, lol....I've heard plenty of stories from legit sources of how t-mac likes to paint the town red.

Quote:
live here in New Orleans and will be checking out the all-star festivities, and I am not the slightest bit scared for my safety.
I hope u enjoy yourself

McGradySNKT is offline Old 02-13-2008, 11:35 AM   #17
McGradySNKT
Contributing Member
McGradySNKT is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2005
Member: #16297
Quote:
eventhough you're trying to be funny, just think about it for a second....this guy came out and admitted last season that he was afraid of N.O. security (or lack of) during all-star weekend....all I'm saying is as an athlete or celeb you can run into static anytime you're out mingling with people. Tmac just fell in the trap of thinking N.O. was "worst" than anywhere else, because of all the negative attention it's been getting from the media since katrina. I'm not ignoring crime rates or any of that, but crime happens everywhere.....
Now you tell me, since he went to Darfur which is far more dangerous than NO, do you acknowledge that he has matured since then?

Rowdie Brandon is offline Old 02-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #18
Rowdie Brandon
Rookie
^^^^^listen man it came from out of your boyfriends mouth...he said he would be afraid if he had to go to N.O. during all star break...I'm just reporting what he said.................yes when you think about it it's silly, but this is what "he said"..........

Spacemoth is offline Old 02-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #19
Spacemoth
Contributing Member
Spacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Member: #24898
waambulance ftw.

T-Mac shouldn't be afraid of New Orleans anymore. All their criminals emigrated to Houston!

Ba-dum-cha..

smoothie is offline Old 02-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #20
smoothie
Contributing Member
smoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Mar 2001
Member: #2264
trade him to the hornets.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6124...s-negotiations