1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gabe Muoneke on his Rox training camp experience (great read!)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jan 3, 2008.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

http://hoopshype.com/blogs/muoneke/index.php

Former (2003 pre-season) Rocket Gabe Muoneke, who's been the star of the Rio Grande Valley Vipers this year, blogs for HoopsHype. He's a really entertaining writer -- funny and brutally honest. In his most recent posting, he talks about his one pre-season with the Rox, JVG, CD, etc. Has nothing but good things to say about JVG and CD both (in another post, he calls Dennis Lindsey "the Obi Wan of NBA front office personnel"). Not really about the current team, but I'm posting it in the GARM because it's about the Rockets. Mods can move it if they need to.

Muoneke just signed with Tau Ceramica, Scola's old team, so it looks like Mike James or Steve Francis might be the next star player for the Vipers. :D

2. TrailerMonkey

TrailerMonkey Member

I sure wish we still had JVG...he's really what this squad of cupcakes needs to whip their butts into shape.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I found his description of Peja funny
    because
    I think as a fan or watching on TV
    you really don't see them for what they are

Peja seems slow. . but the the average joe
    he Blazing fast
    He don't seem that tall until you stand next to him

Rocket River
    I'm 5'11 . . .and Brooks looks like a kid to me .. and he cannot be more than 2 inches shorter than me

4. echu888

echu888 Member

Wow great read. I remember the days that Gabe dominated the houston high school basketball scene. Interesting perspective...

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

You all should seriously subscribe to his blog. He's a fantastic read. I thought it was interesting he's going to Scola's old team right? Tau Ceramica? Am I wrong about that?

6. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

Great read...that Peja line as he runs closer to him is one of the funniest things I've read...and so true of professional athletes.

Hope this guy is doing well for himself overseas.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Wow. He is a freak so if he can't play NBA power forward then the guys who can must be superhuman.

Good read.

8. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Great read! This thread is one of the reasons that I love this bbs. People find stuff, I'd otherwise never see on my own. It's always fascinating to get an "insider's view." That stuff about Reggie Evans and Peja...hilarious.