1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free leach on what.cd

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigSherv, Jan 1, 2008.

1. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I know some of you guys are members here. They have been having a free leach of 10 albums that last through the 3rd of January.

I saw this posted on a lot of other message boards and wanted you all to know.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

appreciate the heads up

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Thx for the alert. I normally don't scroll that far down the intro page to see the details.

btw its "leech" not leach. :)

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

what is what.cd and how do i use it.

6. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I would love an invite to this or waffles if anyone has it, I miss oink and my other sites arent all that grand with mp3's.

Thanks.

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I don't see anything about this posted on what? :confused:

8. BigSherv

3 more hours!

on the front page

All the staff at What.cd would like to wish you all a very happy new year. To start the year off right here is a round of staff picks for you to enjoy:

What - Morphine - Cure for pain
    Genre: Alternative Rock
    V0: /details.php?id=36784
    FLAC: /details.php?id=119244
    Why I picked it: Morphine is a lesser-known alternative rock band. They have a very stripped-down, relaxed sound that results from the fact that the band doesn't include a guitarist - only a bassist/vocalist, drummer, and saxophone player.

? - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits
    Genre: Rock (The real stuff)
    V0: /details.php?id=26323
    FLAC: /details.php?id=41572
    Why I picked it:petty is known as a staunch guardian of his creative control and artistic freedom.

Borbus- Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds
    Genre: Progressive rock
    V0: /details.php?id=34413
    FLAC: /details.php?id=122146
    And now DTS 5.1: /details.php?id=121910

If you have a 5.1 system I highly recommend the 5.1 mix.

Emm - The Delgados - The Great Eastern
    Genre - Indie Rock
    320: /details.php?id=35266
    FLAC: /details.php?id=123026
    Why I picked it: I can't say it any better than this: "The Delgados are precisely what you'd expect from a Scottish band named after Spanish cycling champion Pedro Delgado: brilliant, mercurial, fiercely independent, and more than a bit eccentric. On the quartet's third album, The Great Eastern, they explore symphonic pop in a glorious sweep of sound that recalls the Flaming Lips or Lambchop more than Scottish twee-pop peers Belle & Sebastian. Co-leaders Emma Pollock and Alun Woodwar

Celzorz -- Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine
    Genre: Rock
    V0: /details.php?id=9351
    FLAC: /details.php?id=90953

dblaze - Harvey Danger- Where Have All the Merrymakers Gone?
    Genre: Alternative rock/Emo
    V0: /details.php?id=46360
    FLAC: /details.php?id=94535
    Why I picked it:The 1997 debut album from Harvey Danger. Remember how music was aweome in the 90s? No? Well, sit right down sonny and let me play you something from what we used to call a CD, that's fancy-talk for Compact Disc. No victims of the loudness wars, no American Idol manufactured garbage 'artists'... just honest-to-goodness, stick-to-your-ribs bands that clawed their way into our awareness. "...Like a zero drowning in a sea of higher numbers..." I mean, come on, those lyrics kick ass.

LogicalUser - Nomak - Calm
    Genre : Hiphop
    V0: /details.php?id=88106
    FLAC: /details.php?id=88107
    Why I picked it: "Expect an album full of slick piano beats, strings, harps, flutes, and solid raps interspersed with quality instrumentals. This is truly a great unknown album, your ears won't be disappointed." A beautiful listen, catchy beats, and just enough lyrics to keep your interest.

Kludge - Archive - Lights
    Genre: Trip-Hop
    V0: /details.php?id=32632
    FLAC: /details.php?id=100953
    Why I picked it: My favourite album of 2006. Very different in style to anything else i've heard in the genre, these guys are absolutely amazing, and i've not found a track of theirs that i dislike (doesn't happen at all often for me!)

MattieTK - Moving Mountains - Pneuma
    Genre: Rock/Alt/Emo
    V0: /details.php?id=11918
    FLAC: /details.php?id=60572
    Why I picked it: Easily the best album of 2007. These guys are unsigned and have just produced one of the most flawless and well mastered albums I have ever heard - they need the audience they deserve. A love or hate thing, these guys redefine the genre - introducing trombones and bells into this mash of emotional and heartfelt lyrics coupled with an epic tune. Download this if it's the last thing you do of 2007 - if you like any of the genres featured it will quite literally blow your mind.

Stewy - DCP - Week of 12-26-2007
    Genre: Comic
    /details.php?id=120301
    Why I picked it: We have a great comic selection here that many users are missing out on. This pack gives you a taste of everything. Try it out!

Becky's 'VIP pick' - Ayumi Hamasaki - I Am
    Genre: J-Pop
    V0: /details.php?id=122671
    FLAC: /details.php?id=112634
    Why I picked it: Why? Ayumi is up there with some of the most powerful female vocalists I've heard, especially in her more dramatic pieces, a few of which are in this album as you would find out. She's also a very nice "starter" artist for a user who might be curious into the Asian, specifically pop genre, but some might be find her voice a bit tinny at times. This album also flows very well, with each song seeming to connect in some way - if I'm not paying attention I wouldn't even realize we'd moved on to a new song. Each song is very different, and yet they all share the same theme. I would say this album has the feel of a 90s pop CD, but her voice and lyrics are a bit too powerful to call it that. This is a very dramatic album, with most of the songs seeming to carry a "powerful" tone behind it. The community might not like it simply because it's very different (foreign), but you never know, you might love the genre without realizing it

The freeleech on these torrents will end Thursday, January 3rd at 8:00 GMT

9. Lil Pun

So it is not open to all torrents? That blows.

10. BigSherv

no, but since it is a new site it gives you a chance to build up your ratio.

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

This should be an ongoing thing, with each staff member picking an album each week.

BTW- Waffles just finished up it's third free leech since opening. Now it's back to normal, and my HD thanks them for this. Uploaded over 113 GB via Comcast, that's wicked insane with their capped 50 k up speeds.

Too many hit 'n runners and bad uploads at What for my taste. I use it occasionally (did download the Morphine) but Waffles is where it's at. As close to OiNK as it can get.

12. Lil Pun

Damn, I still need a waffles invite. I had got my share on Oink up to a freaking 13 when it shut down. :mad:

13. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

I would greatly appreciate an invite to waffles....i kept a good ratio on oink... my email is clutch1@gmail.com

14. Omer

Omer Member

Waffles invite please? You invited me to oink LonghornFan and I uploaded several gigs in my short time there.

Really appreciate it, thanks in advance.

omershahab (at) gmail.com

15. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Really? I'm on both (thanks to you, so....thanks) but have no complaints on either. Granted, you use the sites more than I do, but still....

I just got Power User status on What. I've grabbed some stuff from Waffles. I'm happy with them both.

16. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I finally received my first invites on waffles, so Lil Pun (post your email addy) and Omer, I'll get them to you as soon as they open them up for sending (possibly tomorrow).

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Also still hoping for an invite to waffles. moustacheee@yahoo.com .. thanks. I always seed for a long time..

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'd like a waffles account too.

buttlazy at yahoo.com

Thanks

19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

waffles account too please. Lysdexic1219 @ g m a i l. c o m

20. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Have a 2.257 ratio on What and am looking for a Waffles invite..

rizzyg6@gmail.com