1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

now the aggies?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by danny317, Dec 6, 2007.

Tags:
  1. danny317

danny317 Member

just read on channel 11's website that Babalola and Joiner were charged with armed robbery.

2. danny317

danny317 Member

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I remember hearing about that robbery. Crazy thats who did it. Always got the impression Yemi was a nice guy.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Not just armed robbery but possession, too. Well done, boys.

Where you at, bigtexx? Got nothing to say when it isn't your hated Longhorns? If this was a UT related arrest, this thread would already be 4 pages long.

5. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Pretty sad story, Yemi went to my high school, he graduated in 04 and I graduated in 03. Hung out with him before through some mutual friends. His family is good people, and he seemed like a good kid but like many also had their hidden traits (drug use). I haven't talked to him in a while but I hope that everything works out for him personally, but from what I'm hearing / reading it doesn't look too good right now.

6. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Pretty safe to say, they probably are soon to be former Aggies

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

"A&M athletic director Bill Byrne and interim head coach Gary Darnell agreed that both players should be suspended until the charges are dropped."

Did they come out and say this? If so, I guess they know something we don't. Kind of a weird comment though.

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I suggest all good Aggies squeeze their left nut with their right hand in order to share the pain of these young men. Ha ha.

Seriously, though... take 'em to Junction?

9. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I eagerly await bigtexxx and T_J's "fair and balanced" responses. Don't disappoint me, guys. I'd hate to think you were biased or something.

10. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

This is very disappointing. If they did it, then they need to be dismissed and their scholarships revoked.

11. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

What a couple of dumbasses. Wow. This kind of crap amazes me.

Hello, my name is Yemi, I think I will flush my amazing opportunity of Big 12 Collegiate Athletics and a full ride scholarship down the drain and become a crackhead.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Just like the school should. They have been suspended until further info / charges dropped. If they aren't....they are no doubt former Aggies.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

http://www.kbtx.com/news/headlines/12233481.html
    Not looking so great I guess. Just admitting the attempt to buy is a setback.

14. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

15. leroy

Still waiting.

16. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

We'll see if either of these guys ever play a snap for A&M again. At UT, they'd be suspended for a practice and back out there on Tuesday.

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Disgusting, but not surprising. Pretty commonplace for the ESU's (enormous state U's) of the world these days. At least Franny and A&M supporters weren't going around claiming that their team was made up of good kids like Mack did. A&M has a ways to go to catch up to the bonghorns level of crime and drug use, but they appear to be following in UThug's footsteps

18. leroy

Do you really think that? Ramonce Taylor was kicked off the team for his issues...and he didn't rob anyone. The players this past summer that were involved in a robbery were booted.

I can understand giving someone a 2nd chance for a alcohol related arrest or for using drugs. No one that was ever allowed to stay on the UT roster ever held up anyone at gun point nor was alleged drug dealers. The A&M kids managed to do both.