1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Head or Francis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Oct 19, 2007.

?

Who'll get more minutes in rotation?

1. Luther Head

199 vote(s)
    34.2%
  2. Steve Francis

383 vote(s)
    65.8%
  1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Assuming the main players in our roster stay in tact, who do you think should get more minutes in the rotation, Luther Head or Steve Francis?

I don't think it's possible for Head and Francis to both get significant PT, since Adelman isn't going to go to a 10-man rotation. Between the two, who do you prefer and why?

2. stangend77

stangend77 Member

it depends on who we face that night.....different teams present different problems

3. H-town_playa2k2

Steves left nut over Head

4. rocketsmetalspd

The reason I selected SF3 is because besides just shooting 3's like Luther SF3 has the midrange game and can put pressure on defenses by penetrating when need be.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I went with Luther although I think for the first 10-15 games Francis will get more minutes until he proves to the coaching staff that he is completely unable to contribute to this team without dominating the ball.

6. Laozi

Laozi Member

Atleast for the moment Head is the more consistent player who is less disruptive to the offensive flow. Hopefully things will change, but Head had looked alot better then Stevie so far

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If SF doesn't eventually earn more minutes on the floor than Luther, we will have a major blowup on this team. It may take time, but certainly SF will develop into a bigger contributor. Luther already knows the comfort zones of every returning player while SF is brand new. Give it time.

Even now, IMO, I think Adelman has to give SF a little more floor time than he deserves so he can acclimate faster and find his groove. The potential payoff is worth it.

8. matty101

matty101 Member

SF3 is by far the more supreme player however it is yet to be seen whether he can fit into the system. I think with head, you see is what you get. With SF3, if he can somehow imporve his off the ball decisions and move without the ball into the right places, then he can be a lot more dangerous to other teams and a far bigger asset to us.

For now though, nothing is conclusive. Both players still need more time to showcase their talents in RA's new system.

9. allforone

allforone Member

head cant....or seldom attacks the rim

i prefer steve,though he isnt much of a 3 pter......

10. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

Man, I wish he would attack more. He definitely has the ability, but is reluctant for some reason. That dunk he had against the lakers last year was SICK.

11. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

I guarantee Head will get more minutes, and you can quote me on that. Francis and Mike James are virtually the same player, except James is much more effective. Head offers something none of the other guards have, consistent 3 point shooting. Adelman has given him such high praise that it's obviouls he's going to get minutes. Everything Francis offers is already supplied by James. Head looks much more comfortable in the offense than Francis, and that's why he'll get more minutes.

12. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I think that if Head was to get more minutes than Francis to start with, and that continued into February, I could see Francis being traded away at some time before the trading deadline, maybe for at least a future second round draft pick. Of course, this is if he remains on the roster after the 26th.

A future second round draft pick is all I feel that Francis might be worth in a trade at this point in his career since he is not the player he once was along with the fact he hasn't excelled for head coaches whose names are not Rudy T. He's really on the down side of his NBA career IMO.

13. mag

mag Contributing Member

I completely agree but people in this board still think SF is the same as 6-7 years ago.

14. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

Stevie may not be the same player three years ago, but he is still the 3rd best player on this roster. Mark my word. Maybe he is not efficient without the ball in his hand, but he will stand up if TMac is down. Under that kind of situation he will make a huge difference. I do not see any one as a better overall scorer on this roster whose name is not Tmac or Yao Ming.

Give him a little time. He is willing to yield and is learning a supporting role. Under his leadership, Houston was as close to the second round as any later seasons. I remember that many on this board advocated not to trade Stevie after his last season here.

Put Stevie, MJ, and Head on the market, at the same price, who's going to be sold first? As someone suggested, give Stevie some time, you will have a huge payoff.

15. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

Head is more comfortable. Steve is just more active as far going for lose balls, rebounding, attacking the basket, etc. Steve still has the explosiveness, but in his mind he still wants to be the franchise, and monogomize the ball, but we have two franchise players that are bigger and better than him. However, if you play a team like you Utah again Steve and Mike James have to play you need nuts to beat them, and we need don't need Luther non-chalant personality on the court in that type of atmosphere.

16. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

So far I gotta go with Head. I was expecting Francis to make an impact on the team when we signed him, but it is apparent right now that he doesn't have the ability to attack the basket anyomre. This compounded with his Kirk Snyder IQ makes him a bad bad fit. Head on the other hand, gives you consistent and clutch 3 pt shooting which we will need in big games. We can bring Steve into the game at the end of 4th quarter blowouts, sort of as a victory cigar.

17. B-balltm

B-balltm Member

For now....both.

18. liangqj

liangqj Member

That is not easy to say who will earn more minutes right now. Who can adjust to the new system well and what opponent we face, there are the important stuff to make a decision. On the other hand, I really do not know what role SF3 will be in the team. Head is good at 3pt, and was the fourth 3pt percentage in the league last season.

19. blackistan

blackistan Member

Well you would hope for francis

20. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

C'mon,

"Luther can't hold my jock strap." --Steve Franchise

:p