1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yi Jianlian -- Good at basketball?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yipengzhao, Oct 16, 2007.

Tags:
  1. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

Wondering if any of you out there pay attention to the Bucks and have seen Yi play. How's he doing so far in pre-season?

2. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

No, Buck's games are not shown here. I don't believe ESPN or TNT has shown them that much over the years. Just not a good enough team I guess.

3. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

I saw him on Haier's play of the day: he was the one that got posterized by some bulls scrubs ;)

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Nope. From my standpoint, after the Bucks traded away T.J, they went back to NBA oblivion.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Who is Yi Jianlian?

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

I hope Yi sucks....i just didnt like that "im not gonna show up if Milwaukee picks me" crap...

edit: Yes I know Francis did it too, and I wouldve been pissed if I was a Grizzlies fan...

7. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

he's taking lots of shots, doing alright for a foreign rookie. during the regular season though any notable PF is going to destroy him

8. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Yi's looking good. I don't know if he'll be an all star but he's a hell of a lot better than Wang Zhi Zhi.

9. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

how so? as far as i can see, he's playing wzz style of basketball now, ie a jump shooting 7 footer whose defense leaves a lot to be desired. the only difference is he gets the playing time now...in the preseason!

10. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

One thing is for sure, Yifansclub.com sucks. Over thirty persons are listed on Yi's fan site as "Board of Directors," or "Advisory Board of Directors" including various positions of "Committee Chairs," but only fewer than a handful of regular posters have been actively posting in Yi's game forum. LOL

Keep up with the good work, though, Tang_Man.

11. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

That's messed up. It takes time to build a fan message board that is more inclusive of 1 player than an entire city of pro sports like Clutch.

Unless you have started your own message board that is successful, you should keep your negative comments to yourself!

12. Asian Sensation

Some Fob.

13. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

You are wrong. Fob means US citizens and residents who were born in a foreign country. Yi is neither a US citizen nor a resident. Technically he's just a skilled labor currently working in the US. So the name fob is not for people like him.

14. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

No need to bring CF.net into the conversation. Comparing a player-specific bbs with a team-based forum would be idiotic.

Yes I do sound negative but I am calling it like I see it. There is only one guy, Tang_Man, who is committed to Yi's basketball life. The entire forum, however, reads like one man's blog. What are those "board of directors" and "committee chairs" doing with a website if they don't even bother to talk about Yi's game among themselves on the very bbs they intend to promote? :confused: What's so interesting about Yi besides his age and his basketball play? :confused: If they are not lining up and preparing to squeeze a potential cash cow in Yi whenever they get a chance, what else do these people appear to you? :confused:

15. vizier

vizier Member

not to mention there is a yifansclub.org and possibly a yifansclub.net coming as well. LOL.

16. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Bucks games are shown on SHTV.

17. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

His off the ball defense and rebounding look a lot better than WZZ though he needs to work more on man-to-man. He is also a lot more fluid and faster. He still needs to develop more on both ends of the court, but his quickness and athleticism simply allows him to do things that WZZ couldn't.

18. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

actually I think FOB is for any recent Asian immigrant, regardless of their citizenship.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=F.O.B.

according to this definition

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] = F.O.B.

19. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

#19 yipengzhao, Oct 17, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  20. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

FOB = Fresh Off Boat