1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VC Says that Boki is the Best Player in Camp

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 3814, Oct 11, 2007.

1. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

http://blog.nj.com/netsblast/2007/10/flying.html

"Confidence, confidence," V. Carter says, with no small amount of wonder. "You can see it - he's much better, and a lot of it is just confidence because of what he went through last year, finding his game, finding his niche here. He's just playing great right now. He's probably playing the best in camp. No, he IS the best player in camp right now."

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

............here comes Sam...................

to play Bonaduce to your Fairplay.

3. AGBee

AGBee Member

Boki couldn't play the JVG way.

4. FFz

FFz Member

Boki no longer hates JVG's lies. LOL good for boki. he will always be remembered for the playoff memory he had against Malone.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

or the Byron Scott way or the Rudy Tomjonavich way.

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

He couldnt Byron Scott's way either. And Nets still going nowhere.

7. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Didn't want to start another thread on another "JVG dropout" but Kelenna Azubuike is really shining having been given a chance by Don Nelson.

8. AussieRocket

AussieRocket Member

Oh, boy... dont look too good for Nets if Boki is your best player in camp...

9. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-MRbNJvvA68"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-MRbNJvvA68" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

11. OrangeCountyCA

Boki is one of my favorite players in the league, and I've been following his play ever since he left the Rockets. So I'm happy for him. He's a reason why I like the Nets, with Kidd and Carter.

12. AGBee

AGBee Member

Byron Scott is a moron.

13. FFz

FFz Member

he wasn't a JVG droppout... He didn't even play for us except for training camp. If anything he's a student of JVG that got PT. We had to cut him last season because our roster was full b/c of Sura and V-mac.

14. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

aside from the awesome music on that you tube clip, Boki has some impressive dunks in that, particularly that one in the paint

and yes agree with AGBee Byron Scott is a moron

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He was traded for peanuts.

He was shooting VERY well from 3pt range when the Rockets traded him, he is another fine example of a quality player that JVG ran off because he clashed with his personality and controlling manner.

History: he was in the rotation shot the 3ball well, but was struggling on his finishing around the rim, got in a fight with JVG over playing time, JVG put him in his dog house, and then threw him into a trade to get him out of town.

It took Boki a little while to recover, but he did, and is now flourishing, I wish he was on the Rockets.

DD

#15 DaDakota, Oct 12, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  16. Pringles

Pringles Member

i agree he wasn't a jvg droppout... but what are you talking about? he was traded midseason or december during the 2004-2005 season for david wesly. v-mac, was being tmac in greece then, and boby was healthy as he could be. he didn't get cut...

17. stangend77

stangend77 Member

at least boki didnt whine like a lil weiner like spapooter.....i wish him luck

18. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

What are you talking about? Az never made it through preseason. He was cut.

As far as Boki is concerned ... good for him. Those dunks are impressive. I don't think he would have developed here and even if he did he wouldn't be getting minutes on this squad.

19. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

I think the problem was with Boki himself. When he was playing here he thought that everybody's eyes was on him and he was very conscious with everything he did.

Now I guess he has overcome that mental sickness.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

DD rewriting history as ususal.

He was also terrible on defense and at every other aspect of the game - and continuted to be for the subsequent 3 seasons. That's why he was not only in JVG's doghouse, but was also in Rudy's doghouse, Byron Scott's doghouse, and Lawrence Frank's doghouse. Play like a dog = get into doghouse.

And we didn't trade him for peanuts, we traded him for a starting SG who was the key piece of a team that literally was left for dead and then revived, going on an improbable (and extremely fun to watch) regular season run. McGrady then moved to SF and started playing much better and the team continued to remake itself on the fly.

As for his three point shooting, it is very amusing indeed that you are now pointing to his three point shooting when for years you insisted that "JVG ruined him by making him shoot 3's"