1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ripped Fuel, Xenadrine, Hydroxycut, etc.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jun 22, 2007.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I'm thinking of using a fat burning pill such as Ripped Fuel, Xenadrine, or Hydroxycut, but it's hard to get honest reviews by running a Google search. Just wondering if anyone here had used any of these products, and if they actually made a noticeable difference.

As for my personal health info...

I'm about 5'9" 170lbs, I strength train about 4 days a week including basketball on roughly 3 of those days. I'm in very good shape, have a visible six pack and all that, but I'm looking for something to put me over the top since my diet is not the best. I've already tried to cut myself down to 1 serving of regular soda at lunch and dinner, and water throughout the rest of the day. I'm slightly health conscious about my food intake, but I just don't have the will to cut out everything I should.

I saw there were a couple of threads that discuss similar issues, but they were a few years old, and I believe the products in question used to contain the infamous and dangerous ephedra at that time. I'm asking strictly about the ephedra free versions.

2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

3. Asian Sensation

You'd be better of cutting the 2 sodas you drink from lunch and dinner. At least if you switched to diet I think you'd see better results as opposed to taking pills.

4. ClutchCityReturns

That will never...ever...ever happen. Even if I knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that I could achieve my desired goals just by cutting out soda, I still wouldn't.

It's basically the same as telling me I could automatically lose 3 lbs by cutting my dick off.

;)

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Just wondering, what is your body fat percentage currently?

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

HAhaha. Look into Animal Cuts, that works great.

7. ClutchCityReturns

I was working out a few weeks ago with a friend who is a 24 hour fitness trainer and I had him grab some calipers and take my %. If you consider that official enough, it's 12%. I guess a goal would be 9%...?

Me, currently...

[​IMG]

8. Mr. Brightside

haha, I just saw this banner ad for this thread.

[​IMG]

9. Mr. Brightside

For 12% that is good definition. Normally obliques are the hardest part to develop and show. I'm at 7.5% and my obliques still haven't fully developed. Some people have good genetics where fat will burn faster where they want to, I guess.

What is your waist size? 34?

10. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Gayest. Thread. Ever.

11. ClutchCityReturns

I don't have a tape measure, but I used a belt and compared it with a ruler just now. Came out to 33.5".

12. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Ephedra is awesome. Can you score it over the counter again yet?

13. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

14. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Totally.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Products with high fructose corn syrup are only making you fatter. It's not a natural sugar and the metabolic process is different. If you don't drink diet, I'd try to phase into it, if you must have soda. I typed this in another thread.

You could also improve your metabolism by spreading out your meals, and eating less portions more often like every 3 hours. You'd stay hungry less and be less prone to binge eating.

16. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

So you want to get more cut, but you are not willing to cut out a couple sodas a day. Instead you want to use some supplements that will shortcut you to your goals. Come on man, it isn't that difficult. If you really want it, change up your diet.

17. ymc

ymc Member

If you have $$$, try liposuction. Easiest way to "burn" fat. The only side effect is some minor scars. It is minor enough that many movie stars do it. :cool:

18. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

"Fat burning pills" are nothing more than supplements for starvation. They either suppress your appetite and/or have enough caffeine to give you the energy you need through the day (substituting for food).

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I agree.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ripped Fuel, Xenadrine, Hydroxycut, etc.
    ______

All of this **** is terrible for your body.