1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on 610AM

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ooliverb1, Jun 14, 2007.

1. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

If this has been reported, please lock it.

* Deal did go down fast in league's standard, but two teams did talk long time;
    * Justin Reed played in Boston (when he was there) and not get much chance in Wolfe;
    * VSpan still emotional, Adelman, TMac talked to him (where the hell is Yao?), he may be back. Sees VSpan, Snyder, Tmac and James as ones can create own shots;
    * Adelman supports James deal;
    * Bonzi has till 25th to come back, in great shape (got the sense will be back);
    * Trade and free agency as the way to improve (so most likely will trade the pick...)

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Don't understand:
    "not get much chance in Wolfe"
    VSpan still emotional over returning?
    (so most likely will trade the pick...) - he said or your sense from what he said?

3. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

You can download from their web site and listen for yourself.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'll take a stab at 'em...

He didn't get much of a shot with the TWolves...

He's probably still pissed he didn't get much playing time...

No clue...

5. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Sorry the pick part is what I sensed :D

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I listened, but it sounded more like he didn't think a #26 would contribute much next season.

It sounded like he wanted Reed (from Boston experience) and that Tracy wants Kill Bill - I wonder if TMc has personally reached out to him in that case.

With Bonzi maybe back then roster equation really changes. Really would open things up for a multi-player trade ala Artst rumor.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Nobody wants to sign Bozi for 2.6 mil right now?

Bonzi you better get in shape now.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Does Span have any summer games? His stock could really rise! I can't wait to unload his ass for someone that can contribute.

9. LFE171

LFE171 Member

no head? interesting...

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he wasn't listed because they were mentioning players in the backcourt who can create thier own shot.

11. alex_jr

alex_jr Member

Eurobasket 2007 Final stage 3rd Sept -16th Sept

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://podcast.sportsradio610.com/kilt2/524273.mp3

(On Justin Reed)
    "...we did like him in Boston and didn't get much of a chance in Minnesota. Besides adding depth he was someone who helped make the deal sort of come together as well."

(On what Adelamn sees from Mike James)
    "...his system requires guys who can beat people off the dribble. That's why he has interest, we have Spanoulis, Kirk Snyder, and Tracy obviously. The guys who can beat their guys one one and create situations for others. I think he sees Mike as that kind of player and similiar to other guys he's had in the past."

(On Mike James deal back in February)
    "I think besides not getting all the pieces. They were trying to put in some players in the deal on their side and were asking for extra players on our side which we were unwilling to do.

In addition to that, I think CD had some reluctance, which was appropriate to breaking up a team that was playing well at the time."

(on Billy Spanoulis returning)
    "We want him back, coach wants him. In fact coach has called him and talked to him several times. Coach met with Tracy yesterday, out of that meeting Tracy mentioned he thought Spanoulis who was someone who could really help us and coach called him again.

To be frank, Vassilis is still in an emotional time. For him it was a very difficult year, coming off a world championship, and being a significant player for his team, to an extremely limited role.

...right now it's still a developing situation."

(Asked if Mike James "attitude" can be a positive)
    "He's a tough competitor, someone who will give it his all. He was the hardest working guy in Boston. ...add an element of toughnest and competitiveness."

(on Adelman's involvement in the trade)
    "We haven't had a lot of time to sit down with coach, just because of our travel schedule because for the draft.

We've had limited time but this was a deal we've been working on and coach Adelman is pretty much saying, "Look, I'll have input at the appropriate time". He's not going to be extremely involved in personnel, especially early as he's learning the players. He saw this and we explained the deal to him, we showed him, he knew Mike obviously from being in Sacramento, there wasn't much time needed to get him to speed. And he was enthusiastically for the deal once we walked him through all the rationale.

It was actually done I'd say a week ago. Minnesota did not want to include Justin Reed in the deal because they were actually trying to move him to another club. So that held it up for a few days, when that other deal for Minnesota fell through, Justin was included."

(On Bonzi)
    "He has a deadline June 25th. I expect him to not give a decision until then. That said, he's given a positive indication he wants to be here. We've given a positive indication that we want him here. ...his representation is doing what they're hired to do and that's explore all options. ...he was actually in today and spoke to coach and actually looked in great shape and will need to continue to that to contribute here."

(On the draft)
    "The draft, on improving the team next year we think will likely come from non-draft sources.

We do think who we pick in the draft, it's a good draft, will be a contributor over time. In terms of planning we don't see that pick contributing this year, we will be pleasantly surprised if he does.

That said we're looking at trade and free agency options to upgrade the rest of the team right now."

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If Adelman and McGrady really want Span back that bad (sigh) I guess Alston will get shipped (yay). Apparently Bonzi is in better shape? Bad sign in my opinion. He is probably dropping weight and working out to increase his stock in free agency.

14. alex_jr

alex_jr Member

This is interesting. I originally thought Reed was pushed onto us but it sounds like the management wanted him....

I'm starting to really sense that Battier might be on the way out in a major deal

15. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

To ooliverb2 and hooroo, thanks a lot for the recap.

16. user

user Member

Head can shot 3's, and that's about all. He cannot even shot 2's. I know he can jump and he had like 3 dunks last season. Still he cannot create for himself, he shots 3's.

Did I say 3's?

17. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

stop wearing the black spider-suit, Vspan and just play basketball!!

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Thanks for the recap guys!

Vspan...sigh...I don't know if so much time has ever been spent on a 3rd string guy, even Boki madness never got this bad, IMO at least

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

That's like saying getting Jake Tsakalidis is a signal that Yao might be on his way out in a major deal.

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

dear vspan,

stop being a p***y.

signed,

Everyone