ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Hangout > BBS Hangout

The most moving/touching "talent show" performance ever?
Tags:  movies, youtube Tags
Jeff is offline Old 06-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #41
Jeff
Clutch Crew
Jeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #7
HOLY CRAP! That guy was frigging incredible. I thought it was a joke like he was singing to a backup tape or something or just some video on YouTube.

Good grief that guy is phenomenal.

Sponsored Link
MoBalls is offline Old 06-14-2007, 08:10 PM   #42
MoBalls
Contributing Member
MoBalls is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMoBalls is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMoBalls is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5208
good God that was awesome!

why.....am....I....crying?

tested911 is offline Old 06-14-2007, 08:52 PM   #43
tested911
tested911 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetested911 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetested911 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9574
Jesus Christ what did I just listen too?? And can someone help me find my balls because that was the most amazing that I heard in awhile... I'm actually going to start looking for some opera on Limewire and hopefully play some between 50cent and Metallica :D

But very good job by that guy... What has he been doing this whole time? Has nobody heard him sing?

If I had to pick a center, I would take Olajuwon and the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile because of what he can give you from that position. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. People don't realize he was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him. - MJ

Smokey is online now Old 06-14-2007, 09:16 PM   #44
Smokey
Contributing Member
Smokey is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodSmokey is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #808
1) Doesn't Simon make enough money?

2) Why do British people have jacked up teeth?

tested911 is offline Old 06-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #45
tested911
tested911 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetested911 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetested911 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey
1) Doesn't Simon make enough money?

2) Why do British people have jacked up teeth?
1.)Actually Simon started American Idol from his orginal Idea from the U.K. PopIdol. PopIdol did so well he ported it over to America.

2.) I wanna know why dental hygiene isn't a booming career there?

If I had to pick a center, I would take Olajuwon and the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile because of what he can give you from that position. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. People don't realize he was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him. - MJ

WhoMikeJames is offline Old 06-14-2007, 09:47 PM   #46
WhoMikeJames
Contributing Member
WhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2005
Member: #16224
Okay I've seen this over and over again. The guy should be doing opera.

What makes it so touching that some cry? I think its boring.

There is no boat in Hades, no ferryman Charon,
No caretaker Aiakos, no dog Cerberus.
All we who are dead below
Have become bones and ashes, but nothing else.
I have spoken to you honestly, go on, traveler,
Lest even while dead I seem loquacious to you.

Asian Sensation is online now Old 06-14-2007, 11:27 PM   #47
Asian Sensation
Asian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Member: #924
Wow very nice.... I Love the girl judges facial expression at the 2:12 mark. :D

Faos is offline Old 06-14-2007, 11:27 PM   #48
Faos
Contributing Member
Faos is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodFaos is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2003
Member: #12458
You ladies don't forget to hang your panties up to dry before you go to sleep tonight.

Btw, is the AI format over there different? This seemed like an early stage of the audition, yet it had a huge audience which is different from the US version.

OldManBernie is offline Old 06-15-2007, 12:52 AM   #49
OldManBernie
OldManBernie is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2000
Member: #1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faos
You ladies don't forget to hang your panties up to dry before you go to sleep tonight.

Btw, is the AI format over there different? This seemed like an early stage of the audition, yet it had a huge audience which is different from the US version.
If it is anything like AI, that is likely the 3rd or 4th round after going through waves of producers.

Oski2005 is offline Old 06-15-2007, 02:14 AM   #50
Oski2005
Contributing Member
Oski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereOski2005 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2001
Member: #3275
That was nice, good for that guy. I don't know what the standards are for Opera, but I hope he can start doing that as a living.

Is anybody else annoyed by Nomi as much as I am? Here's David Bowie pwning hm in a cartoon.

Blatz is offline Old 06-15-2007, 06:36 AM   #51
Blatz
Contributing Member
Blatz is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faos

It's the same format as the US version, America's got talent on NBC. They have all kinds weird talent on it.

swilkins is offline Old 06-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #52
swilkins
Contributing Member
swilkins is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2003
Member: #11220
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaman
from the same show...
She's adorable, but do they always have to sing THAT song?

WhoMikeJames is offline Old 06-16-2007, 01:36 AM   #53
WhoMikeJames
Contributing Member
WhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2005
Member: #16224
Came back strong for a 2nd performance

There is no boat in Hades, no ferryman Charon,
No caretaker Aiakos, no dog Cerberus.
All we who are dead below
Have become bones and ashes, but nothing else.
I have spoken to you honestly, go on, traveler,
Lest even while dead I seem loquacious to you.

theWIGMAN is offline Old 06-16-2007, 06:48 AM   #54
theWIGMAN
theWIGMAN is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Member: #912
"CON TE PARTIRO"
for comparison here are Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli's version (partly anglocized as "Time to Say Goodbye"

If you're not moved by this, then I pity you.

Tigerknee is offline Old 06-16-2007, 08:24 AM   #55
Tigerknee
Contributing Member
Tigerknee is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jan 2003
Member: #10268
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMikeJames
Okay I've seen this over and over again. The guy should be doing opera.

What makes it so touching that some cry? I think its boring.

I was waiting for his pants to drop the whole time

hooroo is offline Old 06-16-2007, 10:04 AM   #56
hooroo
hooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boardshooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boardshooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boardshooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Oct 2003
Member: #14431
Here's another moving & touching performance but in a different way.

Kam is online now Old 06-17-2007, 02:58 PM   #57
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaman
from the same show...

The Bump music that the little girl was coming out to was a High School Musical song.

HSM = the takeover.

Go wildcats.

‹^›ò¿ó‹^›

rimbaud is offline Old 06-17-2007, 04:48 PM   #58
rimbaud
Contributing Member
rimbaud is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrimbaud is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrimbaud is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrimbaud is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrimbaud is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrimbaud is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Nov 1999
Member: #937
OK, I DO like opera and don't really care about any jokes relating. The guy was fine - a little sloppy but still good. The dude is Welsh, though, and they have a long tradition of excellence in singing.

As an aside, Luciano Pavarotti is a big, fat, sweaty slut. He tried to convince a few f my friends to shower with him after they performed together. Pretty awesome. Just imagine him in all his largeness, standing in a towel, playing the pimp with his Italian accent. Unfortunately, it didn't work this time, but from what they said he usually gets what he wants.

Fatty FatBastard is offline Old 06-17-2007, 05:34 PM   #59
Fatty FatBastard
Fatty FatBastard is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFatty FatBastard is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFatty FatBastard is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFatty FatBastard is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFatty FatBastard is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2001
Member: #2843
There is simply something about the guy that you have to like.

I consider myself a damn good singer, and he blows me away.

Simply put, he made a fan of me.

NewYorker is offline Old 06-17-2007, 06:23 PM   #60
NewYorker
Contributing Member
NewYorker is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian Sensation
Wow very nice.... I Love the girl judges facial expression at the 2:12 mark. :D
It looked like an "O"ver the top moment.