1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dennis Lindsey on Eliyahu, Badiane and the 26th pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. ty185

ty185 Member

hmm... that seems to be implying we are going to trade the pick if there's anyway to trade it away...

AM I reading it wrong?

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

they might considering it

maybe Lewis is in the deal?!

4. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Thats exactly what it implies. As far as Eliyahu, he looks good out there. He's too small for the post tho, but he can gain some speed and some driving moves and play the sf. He has a good low post game, of course given the competition.

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Wish we had drafted Milsap.

6. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Does Eliyahu have a 10-15 feet jumpshoot? All I can see in the video is layups and dunks. Pretty good hands and finishing around the rims. Run the floor well.

7. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Looking at the video, he seems to have the layup down. I'd like to see his jumper.

8. tsunami

tsunami Member

It really didn't matter whom we had drafted.
    JVG would have benched whomever we drafted. So I'd say it would have been a very sad thing for Milsap, had he been drafted by Rockets. He definitely would not have had so many opportunities, had he been in JVG's team. :mad:

9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Granted JVG didn't like rookies. However, Chuck Hayes was a rookie, and I think Millsap would have outplayed and even outhustled Hayes for the starting PF job. In this case, I don't think JVG would have had much choice and would have played Millsap in much the same way he did Luther -- again because he had little other choice.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

DD, looks like you have a new pet project in Eliyahu.

11. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Eliyahu is a very aggressive small forward that really likes to attack the basket and has a nose for the ball. He does have a descent jumpshot. If I'm not mistaken he played very well against some of the NBA teams this last summer, he posted some very descent numbers.

12. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

You may be right, but I would give JVG some slack if we had this player. I think his talents would have fit too well for even Jeff to bench. Either way, you just unleashed the fury of the JVG fan club. Cue Donkeymagic. Samfisher your next. Newyorker is on the way. :D

13. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I think you're reading it wrongly. My interpretation is that if there are no trades, they'll be happy with whomever they draft because the draft looks deep to them. Since they feel it's a deep draft, they also feel they'd be able to move the pick for the right deal. IOW, a Win-Win situation.

14. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

If he should accept it, you know it will be well researched and thought out.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You guys should have a heart, and not tease DD too much. He's on hiatus.

(I'm trying to be diplomatic! ;) )

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah ... I don't know for sure as obviously Lindsey didn't tell me any specifics, but my feeling off of what he said was just that he feels good overall about #26 and what it could do for the team. I'm sure if teams have shown interest in the pick for a trade, it's likely under a condition that so-and-so player is available there.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

so your saying something along the lines of sura, eliyahu, 2008 1st round pick, Juwan Howard for mike bibby.

and

battier, 2007 1st round pick, Luther Head there choice for Rashard Lewis.

talk mr. bonzi wells into coming back.

PG - Bibby
    SG - Bonzi Wells
    SF - Tmac
    PF - Rashard Lewis
    C - Yao Ming

And no bench to speak of at ALL.

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

No, I'm saying (purely hypothetical example) the Hornets have interest in the pick IF Marco Bellinelli is there ... or something to that effect.

For example, we did not have a deal with Memphis for Battier unless Rudy Gay was there. We also had a deal in place supposedly with Minnesota, but that was based on Randy Foye being available at #8 (to swap for Roy at 6). Then Boston/Portland screwed us.

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand everyones obsesson with trying to put Rashard Lewis in the PF slot. He is 6'10, but a very soft 6'10. Plus this is the west, we can't get away with a 6'10 average rebounder. The only reason Marion survived in that position was because of the rebounding advantage and defensive mentality, you really think Lewis has a chance.

I hope everyone realizes this soon because Lewis will never play PF unless it's for like 5 minutes a game, at most.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

oh i see your saying the hornets want marco bellinelli and luther head for chirs paul

PG - Chris Paul
    SG - Tmac
    SF - Shane Battier
    PF - Chuck Hayes
    C - Yao Ming

;) :) :D (joking)

see my thinking is most of the nba feels sorry for tmac and yao ming and want to help them get a ring by making lopsided trades. they know and understand they cant do it on there own.