1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

R is for Ridiculous

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smeiou78, Apr 30, 2007.

1. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

They don't call actual fouls, only touch fouls. They said Rafer fouled Fisher when he didn't touch him at all. The replay proved it. 3 made free throws for Fisher right there. They called several offensive fouls on Yao and McGrady. Then they don't call the most obvious foul of the game when 3 guys were trying to foul Yao with 5 seconds left in the game. It's a good thing we were winning by 4, or there would be huge chaos over that non-call.

I've said it once, I'll say it again. The refs are ridiculous.

2. liujun0768

liujun0768 Member

**** these refs, when i watch game, sometimes i even doubt we play in houston! :mad:

3. MightySparrow

MightySparrow Member

should i make a phone call to KKK?

4. Danbury

Danbury Member

Yao has been fouled so many times in this series with no calls. Half of those "blocks" stem from guys riding his arms rather than actual good defense. The Jazz are thugs, and these refs decided to swallow their whistles before the game started. Ridiculous is right.

5. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

That won't be necessary. :D

6. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't think it was too terrible tonight - at least the free throws were even. Yao Ming definitely deserved that one offensive foul where he dropped his shoulder and lunged...however whenever Boozer guarded him he always seemed to have two arms/hands in Yao Ming's back.

As for the last no call - the refs were doing the Rockets and the game a favor by not calling it, stopping the game, and prolonging the already decided game. It is silly to criticize that.

PS - Rafer definitely got screwed by no touch calls (wasn't there one against Deron on a side midrange shot?).

7. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

The second the game starts in Utah, the whistles will be itching to blow.
    Yao will be called for a delay of game for not jumping for the opening tip. :rolleyes:

8. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

I'm glad the refs didn't call the last foul. I loved the look on Boozer's face. They just always pick the wrong times to swallow their whistles. It just proves that Yao NEVER gets calls.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

the officiating is always horrible