1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A positive from the Utah debacle !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 2, 2007.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just to show a positive side of the ole DaDster, I wanted to say there were some things I really liked seeing last night and in the last few games.

Yao Ming has really stepped up his aggression on both ends of the floor. It was wonderful to watch him do a tip dunk on the miss by Tmac, he sealed off his man beautifully and hammered the dunk home.

And Yao's rebounding has gotten better, lately, it looks like he is getting back to the Yao of earlier this year which is great.

But, the best thing lately has been his blocked shots, he really went after the ball and not only blocked a few but altered a TON of the Jazz shots last night.

Yao is on his way back, now if we can just get Tmac to pull his underwear out of his vagina......

DD

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I seriously think DD is trying to take over GARM.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ditto.

Either that or this dude needs medication.

4. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I don't know why, but this suddenly feels like a good time to ask if I can get my member status back.

5. DaDakota

Nah, no medication, I am just off today, and coming in and enjoying talking about the Rockets.

While you guys decide to come in and talk about me.

:confused:

DD

6. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Why not, man? Why not? :D

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

the only positive I got form this game is that I was able to save 15% on my car insurance.

8. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

I think you should research the word "debacle". I'm not sure losing in the waning seconds to a playoff team by 3 points qualifies.

But this thread prevented me from starting up a new one titled:

POLL: DaDakota or God - who would be a better coach for the Rockets?

On the upside, someone with 28,000 posts is bound to get something right every once in a while. Kind of like a 35mm camera that can shoot a million times a minute - sooner or later something will show up that's worth keeping.

Enjoy your day off!
    Brock

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

10. Sextuple Double

If God doesn't play Vspan most of this board will be calling for his head. :rolleyes:

11. YaoFan

YaoFan Contributing Member

yeah, VSpan should play, though I do not know much about bball. btw, can we change the title to "oh god, please play vspan"

12. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

...LOL

13. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

God takes Sunday off. Van Gundy doesn't.

#13 Rasselas, Apr 2, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  14. Sextuple Double

There's 923454398275435018346103247^24358240598 of those already.

15. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I think a big positive is that almost everyone besides Yao played like **** and Head was out, yet the Rockets lost the game by three.

16. SlamIt

SlamIt Member

My positive take is: for the games leading up to the playoffs, it is better to have grind-out, dog-fight games, win or lose, to help them prepare even better for the playoffs. Because the games will be like that after Apr. and they need to be tougher to win it all.

And, one usually can learn more from failure than from success. So last night's loss will teach them more.

17. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

It's humorous that almost every time you go on one of your rants trashing either JVG or the team, you always find a way to juxtapose it with a "positive" thread as if this whole BBS is about you and your rants. It's getting really embarrassing.

18. cuiyinghost

cuiyinghost Member

19. DaDakota

I like to talk about all kinds of things that are about the Rockets, positive and negative.

I am sorry you are embarrassed.....don't post, it will help you out a lot, since you rarely have anything to say about the topic.

Oh, and I have done a positve thread when I felt I was getting overly negative exactly twice.....

Stick that in your cabbage pot and eat it...

DD

#19 DaDakota, Apr 2, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  20. fredthered

fredthered Member

If we are looking for positives, how about the fact we were able to stop thier two best players on defense and proved they cant stop Yao. If a playoff series comes down to Tmac making his shots, Ill take my chances with the Rockets.