ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Game 1 loss a wake-up call or death knell for Rockets?

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > 2014 NBA Draft

Nike's New College Basketball Uniforms
Tags:  basketball, books, college, college basketball, dwyane, florida, mike krzyzewski Tags
gucci888 is offline Old 03-05-2007, 10:36 PM   #1
gucci888
Contributing Member
gucci888 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2002
Member: #4227

March 5, 2007—Looks like those baggy shorts so popular among college hoops teams may finally be on their way out. Taking their place? Really, really baggy shorts. Starting tomorrow night, four top schools—Arizona, Florida, Ohio State, and Syracuse—will don Nike's System of Dress, a radical new look that brings Raf Simons–style proportion-play to the hard court. Complementing the aforementioned shorts are formfitting jerseys ten inches smaller in the torso, resulting in a second-skin look that's more Bode Miller than Ben Wallace. Players will also be able to customize their uniforms by adding options like padded shorts (to protect against the errant knee or elbow) and Dwyane Wade–style leg wraps. "There's sort of that tattoo mentality in basketball of guys wanting to share a similar look but also stand out within that look," explains Hans George, GM of Nike's global basketball business. "We expect that they make take some of the componentry and do something we might not really have imagined ourselves." Time will tell whether the new look catches on with more traditionally minded programs—something tells us Coach K will be a tough sell—but one thing's for certain: Those nut-huggers you wore in junior high aren't coming back anytime soon.

Nike System of Dress jerseys, $75, shorts, $60. Available at www.niketown.com, select Nike retailers, and at campus bookstores of the four debut teams.

http://men.style.com/news/style/030507

Sponsored Link
adeelsiddiqui is offline Old 03-05-2007, 10:39 PM   #2
adeelsiddiqui
Contributing Member
adeelsiddiqui is James Harden -- racking up the pointsadeelsiddiqui is James Harden -- racking up the pointsadeelsiddiqui is James Harden -- racking up the pointsadeelsiddiqui is James Harden -- racking up the pointsadeelsiddiqui is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2003
Member: #14300
that looks badass

EddieWasSnubbed is offline Old 03-05-2007, 10:44 PM   #3
EddieWasSnubbed
Contributing Member
EddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3471
I don't know. It's kind of ridiculous, I think. The form fitting tops just don't look breathable. If they are, then that's cool.

The shorts may be a bit too baggy, and I don't like the long sleeves.

I guess it's just more of a street look.

King of 40 Acres is offline Old 03-05-2007, 10:52 PM   #4
King of 40 Acres
Contributing Member
King of 40 Acres is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodKing of 40 Acres is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2004
Member: #15960
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeelsiddiqui
that looks badass
let's hope Texas doesn't get Nike to give them any of those System of Dress unis anytime soon- I dunno if i could stand to see Dexter Pittman in one.

Plus its just some more crap for Nike to sell on college campuses- another marketing tool just like when Texas wore the black alternate jerseys last year when they played Duke, supposedly to celebrate the 100 years of Texas basketball (yeah right).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegary
Ko40A is KING OF THE WORLD

SirCharlesFan is offline Old 03-06-2007, 02:11 AM   #5
SirCharlesFan
Contributing Member
SirCharlesFan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSirCharlesFan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSirCharlesFan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSirCharlesFan is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 1999
Member: #410
I'm just glad Bryant "Big Country" Reeves isn't in college any more!

"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

-White Men Can't Jump

Yaozer is offline Old 03-06-2007, 02:30 AM   #6
Yaozer
Yaozer is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Oct 2006
Member: #20121
Next thing you know they implement a 'track' uniform on the courts to give better movements...

then Stern will ultimately decide our NBA-ers to wear speedos...

[shudders]

Ziggy is online now Old 03-06-2007, 02:35 AM   #7
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Ziggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemZiggy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #543
Form fitting jerseys? Thats just not comfortable! Tight jerseys can make shooting awkward. Also I like Florida's jersey better the first time when the Nets wore it. But they do look pretty cool...

Smeg's Fantasy Football Coach of the Year 2013

Cannonball is offline Old 03-06-2007, 03:58 AM   #8
Cannonball
Contributing Member
Cannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19677
That Ohio State player looks like he's ready to go down the luge with a skirt on.

aboinamedray is online now Old 03-06-2007, 07:15 AM   #9
aboinamedray
Contributing Member
aboinamedray is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2003
Member: #11865
those uniforms are the most ridiculous things i have ever seen in sports. the only thing worse i can think of is when the sox took the field in shorts.

airbulllard is offline Old 03-06-2007, 07:34 AM   #10
airbulllard
Contributing Member
airbulllard is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2003
Member: #11989
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCharlesFan
I'm just glad Bryant "Big Country" Reeves isn't in college any more!
that's what i'm sayin' man. what if you're a big fellow (fat) and you don't want your upper body to be revealed so much. man boobs may soon be jiggling all over our tv screens...

they cannot possibly wear this during march madness...

Achilleus is offline Old 03-06-2007, 07:35 AM   #11
Achilleus
Achilleus is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2003
Member: #13855
Why don't they just get it over with and put dresses on...

Damn.

MR. MEOWGI is offline Old 03-06-2007, 08:12 AM   #12
MR. MEOWGI
Contributing Member
MR. MEOWGI is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5478

Summer Song Giver is online now Old 03-06-2007, 08:56 AM   #13
Summer Song Giver
Summer Song Giver is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSummer Song Giver is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSummer Song Giver is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Sep 2000
Member: #1889
My pentecostal highschool girls volleyball team used to wear those same shorts cept they called the koulots.

How will the Texans screw up this time?

Wangdoodle is offline Old 03-06-2007, 09:05 AM   #14
Wangdoodle
Wangdoodle is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22112
Long sleeves?!?!?

Umm...

Synthetic fabric, form-fitting, and long sleeves = itchy, hot, sweaty, stinky

And... ugh... the baggy shorts. You'd have thought that 90's trend would have died in the 90's.

Kam is offline Old 03-07-2007, 11:28 PM   #15
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
what i hate about the nike college basketball uniforms is that they all had the same trim design.

look at unc, and ohio state, and everybody with nike. they all have that same little trim on their shoulders.

‹^›ò¿ó‹^›

WhoMikeJames is offline Old 03-07-2007, 11:31 PM   #16
WhoMikeJames
Contributing Member
WhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2005
Member: #16224
The NBA looks really old now because Stern cut the shorts. Why can't the NBA have a little more length in the shorts. Looks nicer and cooler.

There is no boat in Hades, no ferryman Charon,
No caretaker Aiakos, no dog Cerberus.
All we who are dead below
Have become bones and ashes, but nothing else.
I have spoken to you honestly, go on, traveler,
Lest even while dead I seem loquacious to you.

Nelly is offline Old 03-07-2007, 11:47 PM   #17
Nelly
Contributing Member
Nelly is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangdoodle
Long sleeves?!?!?

Umm...

Synthetic fabric, form-fitting, and long sleeves = itchy, hot, sweaty, stinky

And... ugh... the baggy shorts. You'd have thought that 90's trend would have died in the 90's.
actually that pro-fit fabric that Nike uses isnt itchy at all, or hot. And the material is designed to absorb sweat and wick sweat off of your skin; the sweat then evaporates into the air. it's like that under armour stuff.

Cannonball is offline Old 03-07-2007, 11:51 PM   #18
Cannonball
Contributing Member
Cannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19677
I saw Syracuse wearing them today in the Big East tourney. They looked better, though still not good, than I expected. I didn't see anybody wearing sleeve which I think helps a little.

Asian Sensation is online now Old 03-08-2007, 12:30 AM   #19
Asian Sensation
Asian Sensation is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAsian Sensation is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAsian Sensation is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAsian Sensation is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAsian Sensation is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAsian Sensation is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAsian Sensation is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAsian Sensation is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #924
Looks stupid as hell. Are those basketball players or football players ready to practice without pads?

peleincubus is offline Old 03-08-2007, 12:40 AM   #20
peleincubus
peleincubus is James Harden -- racking up the pointspeleincubus is James Harden -- racking up the pointspeleincubus is James Harden -- racking up the pointspeleincubus is James Harden -- racking up the pointspeleincubus is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7720
i think i kind of like the look.

but the guy in red kind of looks like he is wearing a skirt.