1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

So, I just got contacts...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Miguel, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Got sick of wearing glasses...finally took the plunge and got contacts...

So how about them glasses? Having never worn contacts, jesus christ I hope it gets easier to put in/take out the contacts. I was ready to pimp slap the dumb b**** at the doctor's office that was helping me try to put them on and take them out. "You're blinking, you shouldn't blink when you try to put them on" No ****, you stupid ****, if I could help it, I wouldn't.

2. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Once you get used to them it becomes second nature. I wear the Night and Days and never take mine out so I don't have to worry about anything.

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Follow your doctors instructions for wearing your contacts.

If they say 'don't sleep in them' - then don't
    If they say 'switch them out every two weeks' - then do it
    If they recommend a certain solution - use it

Your eyes are too important to take for granted or use generic products. It may cost more for brand name solutions, etc, but your eyesight it WORTH IT! Don't ya think?

Also, always wash your hands before handling your lenses. Inserting and removing.

Keep re-wetting solution on your person at all times. You can use it to soothe your eyes or in a pinch, if you have to remove a lens and put it back in.

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

This is a must. I keep a bottle at home, work and in my car along with the lense holders. Also carry a bottle of Visine for contacts. You'll use it, a lot. Especially in this dry weather.

It will become second nature with time, but the first few weeks are b**** since you're not used to touching your eyeball.

I use the two week lenses, but most of the time keep them in for 3-4 weeks or until they become too cloudy and start to irritate. Kinda like my b-i-t-c-h-e-s. :)

5. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

Yeah, when I first got contacts in Junior High I had to give myself 20 extra minutes in the morning just to get them in comfortably... now I just pop them in 15 seconds and good to go, just give it some time... :)

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Lasik

Rocket River

7. Miguel

After today's events, I'm seriously considering that just to quit having to deal with all this crap. Maybe next Christmas.

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I always hated contacts, only time I used to wear them was when I was playing basketball or some other sports. Glasses or lasik.

9. Astro101

Astro101 Member

First time I tried it took me forever to put them in and out. Now it's quick. Though I really have bad habits of sleeping in them and using them for more than two weeks.

10. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Yeah at first it seems like the most irritating, frustrating, annoying thing in the world...the lense won't stay on the tip of the finder...then it clamps together and you have to re-wet it...then you realize its inside out...then back on the finger tip, concentrating on looking straight in the mirror and not at the lense....then once you think it goes in, it falls into the sink and you have to do it allllll overrrr aggaaiiinnn.

Just keep at it; it gets quicker and easier....one eye may be much easier than the other, but it's all about technique. Give yourself at least a two week commitment; it will be better.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

After a few months I got tired of contacts and went back to glasses.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Usually the only time I wear contacts is if I am balling. They just aren't very comfortable IMO. How safe is lasik?

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

My sister b****ed at the optometrist when they tried showing her how to put them in...but then again she was nine when that happened...

btw, this thread is useless without pics.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

pain in the arse to put in so I have the overnight extended wear and just leave them in, PLEASE don't try to wear them beyond their recommended period of use, corneal ulcers are no joke.

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

there a b**** at first but after 2-3 weeks it'll come natural plus you get to wear cool sunglasses :cool:

16. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Those wear all night versions are not for everyone. They dry out and start irritating like all other contacts after extended wear. Helpful tip: Give your eye a break, take your contacts off for at least 8 hrs. a day.

17. Miguel

:rolleyes: <--me all day trying to make sure contacts are still there.

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Then do you really need them? If my contact was missing, I'd know it because I wouldn't be able to see sh*t.

19. Miguel

Semi-joking. I have a bad habit of rubbing my eyes....so that doesn't help.

#19 Miguel, Dec 27, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  20. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I had that habit too. Still have to stop myself sometimes (had contacts about 2 years now) but it's not a huge problem.