1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Avery gets tossed, JHO twists ankle, Jason Terry hurt too

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by YaozaMac, Nov 6, 2006.

1. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

I wish I could be watching this game :mad:
    Nelson against his former team, avery gets ejected, Josh Howard twists his ankle and J. Terry is hurt too. Not sure how serious, but I read that JHo was in a lot of pain.

Wow guys....I hope the Roxs avoid the injury bug this year...even minor shiit.

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27377&page=4

2. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

sorry

just realized with my title it looks like they had a brawl..nope....slugfest in reference to the hard play...mavs shooting 66% and still losing...defense anyone :confused:

3. uchlha

uchlha Member

lol wow karma

4. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Sorry, but I don't like Dallas and I don't care.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They still haven't regained their chemistry. Losing to the Spurs is one thing, but getting blown out by us and letting a team like the Warriors hang with them at home is disturbing. I care a lot because their downfall is our benefit.

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

JET just ejected. Boy, testing time for Dallas. They were always wining, so chemistry was never a problem. Now is the time to see what they are made of

7. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

latest comment:

8. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

thats cool..you don't have to peruse this thread if you don't care to.

I just like to know what the Texas trio is up to....since that is the key for the roxs...being better than the other 2.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Booo.....I know you apologized for your title...but man. I was hoping it was a brawl.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Haha, how heart wrentching. They came back all the way within 3 pts and didnt take a timeout even though Del Harris wanted it. End up not having a shot off in time with more than 10 sec left to set up. Total melt down. Nelly was smilling walking away. He got one back from Cuban.

11. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

Dallas loses again....0-3 start.

Goldenstate 107-Dallas 104

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Dallas can suck on it.

Hate to see players get hurt...that being said, JHoward is a punk.

Jason Terry has been terrible this season.

Good for Nelson, sucks for Cuban.

I am terribly terrible SAD for them....*pauuuuuuuuse with handwaving*.... NOT!

13. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Nellie has always been a mismatch coach, he exploits one-on-one matchups and makes the opposing coach react. With Avery out, Dull Harris was clueless, he didn't make the necessary adjustments, and Dallas STILL had a chance to win it late. No Terry, no Howard, Harris failed to set Dirk up (I think he had 10 shots). No biggie for either side, to me at least.

14. kingkow

kingkow Member

o cool my predication on breaking josh howard's foot was true

but damn..that hurts my fantasy nba team

15. Rockets kupo

Rockets kupo Member

anyone registered to the dallas maverick forums??

i wanna know all the updates :D

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The playoff seedings have not yet been determined?

17. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

some mavs fan comments:

18. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

LOL Sucks for them... See what happend to us last year? All we need now is for like Dirk to break his leg or something.

19. rocketmingles

rocketmingles Contributing Member

it feel really really nice to see the mavs loose, especially to the warriors!!!

i was flip flopping between the Mav-War. game and Jazz-Piston game

the Utal Jazz are for real man, there defense again the pistons are really good

they did deflected a lot of passes if not steal it, and deron williams is very promising, i have to compare him to chris paul, i thought Paul maybe faster and had a slightly better court vision, but still, he can shoot better and play the PnR better

Dallas and Golden state just do not play defense at all, that's the only reason they are scoring over their average, for both teams.
    Josh howard is a big part of that team in term of offense
    i still believe the warriors are not gonna make the playoffs, although there was a period where they played zone and shut off the mavs for a few minutes, but they play too much one on one post up for Baron Davis and J Rich, some of the shot they took are just ugly, all air balls

just my ten cents

and

it's feels really great to see the mavs loose :D

20. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

speaking of injury bug: [ESPN:NBA]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2652056

Left foot injury knocks Kings' Miller out four weeksAssociated Press

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Kings center Brad Miller will miss at least four weeks with an injured left foot, adding the biggest problem yet to Sacramento's early season woes.

Brad Miller
    Center
    Sacramento Kings

2007 SEASON STATISTICS
    GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
    3 6.0 7.0 2.0 .286 1.000

The 7-foot Miller, a three-time All-Star, played for the U.S. national team at the world championships in Japan this summer. He was diagnosed with a torn plantar fascia in his left foot Monday after the injury limited his playing time on the Kings' road trip last week.

The ninth-year pro has averaged 6.0 points in the Kings' first three games, going 8-for-28 from the field. An MRI yielded the result Sacramento feared after Miller was limited to 15 minutes in Saturday's loss at Milwaukee.

Miller declined comment when he showed up in the Kings' locker room 45 minutes before Monday's game with Minnesota, using crutches and wearing an immobilizing boot on his foot.

Forwards Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Kenny Thomas and Maurice Taylor will team up to replace Miller for the Kings. The 6-9 Abdur-Rahim, who filled in at center last season when Miller missed three games with a thumb injury, seemed confident in his ability to defend the NBA's tallest players.

"It's not like it's something I haven't done before," Abdur-Rahim said. "It's different against bigger guys. I'll have to use the advantages I might have and just try to keep them off the glass."

Abdur-Rahim might benefit from the injury in several ways. The longtime starter came off the bench last season in deference to Thomas, who also plays better when he's in the starting lineup.

"Obviously I feel better starting, going out and getting warmed up to play that way," Abdur-Rahim said. "The main point is getting off to a good start."

Coach Eric Musselman's first season in Sacramento already has been scarred by injuries and controversy. Guard Mike Bibby returned from a thumb injury two weeks earlier than expected to play in last week's season opener, but is playing with pain -- and struggling with 30 percent shooting.

In addition, Musselman was arrested on drunk-driving charges shortly before the regular season began.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press