1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]NBA Special Preview

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by madmonkey37, Oct 26, 2006.

1. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

2. LFE171

LFE171 Member

wow im a scoop jackson fan cause he obviously loves us.

It's the Bonzi Effect. If T-Mac plays 60 games at 90 percent and Shane plays close to how he did this summer, the Rockets could shake up the basketball world this season. But everything has to go Yao perfect.
    DIVISION RANK: 1 | CONFERENCE RANK: 1

3. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Last night after the game Legler had us winning the title on this report he has us missing the playoffs???

4. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

Conference ranking 12? That guy is smoking or drinking sth.

5. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Heck, I am sure you are talking about Tim Legler. That's weird. The guy last night on ESPN in the Rockets-Heat post game boldly predicted we can possibly win it all this season.

6. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

I wish I could get a job where I just sit around and pull ish out of my @$$ all day. In most fields, you have to actually know something to get a job writing about it. These guys don't do their homework. Are they even fans of the game?

7. LFE171

LFE171 Member

last time i checked, legler used to play in the nba. :p

but ur right, they do pull **** outta their arses. "health this, health that" yes we know. doesnt it seem like the writers are just beatin the same dead horse with what our woes were? i think ANY TEAM's problems are injuries, just seems like they over stretched our predictament to its extreme...

and yes, i know last year WAS an extreme year. just write something else about our weaknesses, like vspan's shooting, or jl3's size.

8. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

No kidding.

Take for another example, Ric Bucher wrote:

"Can Yao be as dominant without getting the ball as much? Can Van Gundy blend Alston's up-tempo talent with the T-Mac/Yao two-man game? Do they have enough shooters? Answers: Probably not, probably so and not really."

I suppose as a Yao guy, Bucher naturally knows more about Rockets than his peers do, but his answer to the 3rd question of his own says otherwise.

#8 wnes, Oct 26, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  9. superden

superden Contributing Member

I believe that the chances of us having health problems are just about even with the rest of the league. TMAC's back might elevate it some, but overall... I think it is about the same.

10. deshen

deshen Member

not even into playoff?

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

It just goes to show that very few of these guys are really doing their job! If they were keen and diligent they would know so much more info about this Rockets Team. Scoop Jackson is the only one who knows!!!!!!!!!! :p
    Its just like what they all said about Yao Ming before they knew anything about him! They are Lazy good for nothings!

12. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Good, I'd like to see these so called experts have to eat crow at the end of the season.

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Tim Legler:
    so, wait..... wha???

IF yao and tmac are healthy, the ADDITIONS of bonzi and battier should be JUST ENOUGH to get us INTO the playoffs??????? not a dangerous team in the playoffs, not a serious contender in the playoffs, but just enough to get us IN the playoffs. just ignore the fact that we've already proven that with a healthy yao and tmac we were already a playoff team.

i'm struggling to form complete thoughts here....... that's how assinine that quote is. seriously.

14. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

methinks somebody stole his account or he was just goofing around

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think Legler's ranking are from last year - at least that is how we finished last year, I think.

16. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

The bizzarro world thing about the whole lot of predictions is where they place the Rockets in the conference. It's understandable where they have them in the division, but an average rank of 6 after throwing out the outliers of 1 and 12 is ridiculous.

Who is going to be possibly ahead of them after Phoenix?

LA Clippers or Lakers?
    The Nuggetts? Seattle?

Come on, the rest of the West just isn't that strong.

The regular season is going to end up with Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Phoenix contending for the top seed with around 60 wins. One of these teams may break out and get 63 or 64, but personally I think that this is the year that Phoenix and San Antonio take a step back. Timmy's been playing old for his age and Nash might start to lose something this year. Btw, has anyone other than MJ stayed at an MVP level for more than 2 years in a row in their 30's?

17. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

I sued to work at Rykodisc, but that doesn't mean i know a damn thing about what's going on in the record business today. Because I don't really follow who's working where any more, or pay attention to their market share, or who has the top ten records. Now I just listen to music.

Listening to music doesn;t qualify me to write a piece that's supposed to give true insight into the music business. And just watching one game doesn't qualify anybody to write about a given team. I think it's pretty clear that these guys are not doing their homework.

Just my opinion.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

***cough****hakeem****cough****

19. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

The health assumption is just stupid.

It could happen to any team.

NOT just Rockets.

You moron, Legler.

20. cons

cons Member

Exactly. I don't think Leglers ever seen a game that didn't have dallas or phoenix playing in it. And his "analysis" which basically consists of him staring at the camera talking as fast as he can is always painfull to watch. Somebody take this man's job please :rolleyes: