1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Army Details Rape-Slaying of Iraqi Girl

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TracyMcCrazyeye, Aug 8, 2006.

1. TracyMcCrazyeye

this is probably one of the most sickening American-related atrocities I have seen so far. pretty graphic.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/07/ap/world/mainD8JBRMCO0.shtml

2. TracyMcCrazyeye

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

4. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

These sick soldiers should be tried and punished in Iraq, the Islam way.

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

When you have some of the worst disciplined soldiers in the world, whose only motivation to join the military is monetary gains this is bound to happen.

6. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Disgusting... :mad:

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

would we be naive to think that more incidents of abuse of iraqi ciizens aren't happening.

#7 pgabriel, Aug 8, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

probably..which makes it even worse.

9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

This story disgusts me.

It was hard to read for me because my last name is Barker and the story kept saying I did all these horrible things.

I hope these guys get what they deserve.

10. langal

langal Contributing Member

Maybe these soldiers shold be handed over to the Iraqi authorities to be dealt with.

11. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

I agree... there is no other just way to deal with this.

12. Cesar^Geronimo

I 100% agree that they should be turned over to the Iraqi's. Tell them we don't consider these "men" americans - do with them as you will.

Raping a fourteen year old and killing a five year old in cold blood. I usually say I am on the fence regarding the death penalty but American Justice administered death penalties seem way to lenient.

13. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

In Islamic law if you steal they cut off your hand. What do they cut off if you rape and kill a 14 year old girl? :eek:

I say we should hand them over and see.

14. ElVenezolano

ElVenezolano Contributing Member

the sad part is that i imagine it happens daily in Irak. I have a couple of freinds that have been over seas in the military and they have told me stories quite graphic like these that they have witnessed... Very very sad in deed.

15. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Incidents like this, although utterly heinous, are extremely isolated and rare. I understand the sheer disgust felt by all the posters, but what's really to debate here?

On the other hand, the massacre in Haditha is much more serious, where there are cold-blooded revenge on innocent civilians, cover-up, denial, spin, lack of leadership and accountability in the chain of command, and much more.

16. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I saw this report on BBC. I thought I was going to throw-up.

* God Bless This Family *

It's just another argument against war in general. You cannot control all of the freaks that you hand a gun to.

17. TracyMcCrazyeye

the longer we have been in iraq, it seems that these incidents have been popping up more and more. especially recently.

there needs to be some kind of recruiting reform for the army. most of the soldiers enlisting are in it for the money or ride to college and not to serve their country.

18. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Only problem is that the army usually looks for these people that are not the smartest people in the world, at least for infantry positions (I am sure they do a better job with officers and stuff). They say that they are more likely to follow orders w/o question and do exactly what they have trained them to do.

19. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Actually, by far the best solution is for us to do what we're doing right now (i.e. try them in US courts), and if convicted, they should be handed the maximum punishment allowed (according to our own guidelines, they would qualify for the death penalty).

The best message we can send to the Arab/Muslim world is that this is a nation that honors human rights and stands for justice.

It would be even better than letting the Iraqis try them in their own courts, which would not provide these soldiers with their due process.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

also I don't know if guys are saying it out of frustration, but can you imagine if the us army really did that. it would kill morale, even though I'm sure the soilders are disgusted as well.