1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Update with Juwan Howard situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LakersPride, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LakersPride

LakersPride Member

The talks have been delayed according to my source because Chris Mihm is out of the deal ( due ) to his Knee problems however the deal is still alive and has a chance of going through because other peices can and might get it done.

I'm also hearing Luther Head will be involved in this deal Rockets seem to be okay with letting Luther Head go.

my source also said the Lakers gaved the Rockets some patience because they still want to decide on the trade.

that is all for now i will check back later.

2. superden

superden Contributing Member

Thanks LP, I hope this trade goes through so people will stop doubting your cred.

3. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Thanks! But what knee problems? Was Mihm out with the same knee problems during playoffs last year?

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

he had surgery for a recent (week or so) training injury i think.

5. jsnwu

jsnwu Member

no mihm? Juwan for whom then? Cook? I don't like it, even though the rumor will come true

6. LakersPride

LakersPride Member

Van -

The knees have been bothering him he has 3 torn ligaments and might need surgery.

7. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

wtf, its a deal u can't pass on.

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

that's just waste of time

howard and luther for mihm and ???...nah

no way!

if smush or george come with the package I'll be more satisfied.....

9. jlwee

jlwee Member

Juwan + Head for Kwame Brown......

Kwame will basically replaced Juwan as the most hated rockets player in this BBs :D

10. vmerc13

vmerc13 Member

id do it for cook, but i doubt thats gonna happen.

11. matty101

matty101 Member

I really wouldnt be unhappy with a juwan + head deal that would get us Kwame and a filler. Even though Kwame has been overated his whole career last year when he got minutes when Mihm went down he flourished. He would complement yao good too. I dont know if LA would do it though.

12. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

Okay dude the first time i was on your band wagon but now you have to stop attention craved monster if this is even being rumored why in the hell would not on site have it im tired of you now your source has lost cred. because Cd said a couple weeks ago that they were looking foward to the progression of luther head and JVG loved him. plz stop frontin

13. Champ06

Champ06 Member

I thought Devean George is a FA. S&T?

14. ndnmac8909

ndnmac8909 Member

hopefully Cook and Luke Walton are involved in this deal. Cook would give us a great shooting PF. And Luke would give us more depth at the SG and SF postions. Not to to mention the fact that he thrived mostly when shaq was there, because he is a great passer that would look for Yao.

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

If the Rockets send out Howard and Head, that's $7.4 million in salaries. How will the Lakers match salaries? Let's see:

Kobe - nope
    Odom - nope
    Kwame Brown - match, but no way the Lakers do this.

The only players that are left that are tradeable:

Aaron McKie $2.5 million
    Andrew Bynum $2 million
    Brian Cook $1.5 million
    Luke Walton $1.25 million + trade kicker
    Smush Parker $0.8 million
    Ronnie Turiaf $0.75 million
    Von Wafer $0.75 million
    Sasha Vujacic $.974 million

No way the Lakers trade Walton in this package. The only scenerio that works, without sending out 5 players, is McKie, Bynum and Cook coming from the Lakers. Hmmm. :confused:

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

if juwan is included, nothing really works except jho, head, rybo for kwame.

17. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Hi LakersPride,

Given rating from 1 to 10, where 1 being Most Unlikely and 10 being Most likely, what would you rank the chance of deal done before and after Chris Mihm's knee problem is revealed?

18. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

I vote this belongs in the bogus trade rumor section.

19. LakersPride

LakersPride Member

H-Dub -

You have to understand this is not me whos saying this it's my source and also you have to understand that General Managers are not gonna come out and say there trading there certain player because it gives them no value what so ever.

General Managers lie it's there job.

20. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

3 torn ligaments? Sounds serious... is he out like all next year or something?

For salary matching purposes, I was playing with the realgm trade checkers and find that McKie+Cook+Vujacic+a minimum contract (Von Wafer?) would work for Juwan and Head.

On the other hand, they can just throw Mihm in for salary purposes, not even expecting him to play any games at all and do McKie+Mihm+(either Vujacic or Cook) for Luther and Juwan.

I'm guessing if Mihm is not going to play much or at all next season, the Rockets would want another usable piece or two coming back.

Cook (long range shooter, more experienced and bigger than Novak) and Vujacic (PG with 2 years NBA experience) would seem to be logical pieces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.